ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fair value for Bowe: 5 years, 58m, 20m guaranteed. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270096)

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418985)
I'd be much more comfortable giving Bowe a long term deal than Albert. Let's see if Albert can stay healthy during his tagged year before locking him up to big money...

By the same token, if you have every reason to believe Albert is healthy, he's probably got twice as many years left in him as Bowe.

There's pros and cons to both. I'd still prefer to tag Albert and sign Bowe, if we can't sign both of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 12:35 PM

just get the deals done so we can move past this absurd joekel bullshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 02-20-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9419071)
just get the deals done so we can move past this absurd joekel bullshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Joekel BS will continue because the national media will push the "Albert will move from LT to LG" line.

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 12:44 PM

Gochiefs complaining about trolls.

ROFL

htismaqe 02-20-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9419077)
The Joekel BS will continue because the national media will push the "Albert will move from LT to LG" line.

Exactly.

This won't be over until draft day.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9419077)

how did something SO...****ING...STUPID...created here or another BB gain national truck??? Yep, NO ONE in the "legitimate" sports press pays attention to us lowly BB maroons....
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Lee 02-20-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9419135)
how did something SO...****ING...STUPID...created here or another BB gain national truck??? Yep, NO ONE in the "legitimate" sports press pays attention to us lowly BB maroons....
Posted via Mobile Device

No idea other than the fact that Albert played LG in college and the national media just cannot fathom the Chiefs taking Geno with the first pick.

With all the mocks with Joekel as the first pick I am convinced that most national writers are 1) to damn lazy to see that KC needs a QB more than any other position on the field, and 2) forgot about the rookie pay scale so they can spout the "value" line over and over.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 03:05 PM

this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre 03-05-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9417547)
If we sign Bowe:
1) We will either sign or franchise Albert.
2) We are drafting Geno Smith.

Yes, one final step until completion of Operation Godiva.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 12:43 PM

This thread is pretty damn spot on man.

DJ's left nut 03-05-2013 01:05 PM

Hell, if the reports are true, they even did something similar to what I said they should do - give both guys a LTC and tell them that one of them's going to get tagged so they should race to sign it.

Prisoner's dilemma wins again.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9467238)
Hell, if the reports are true, they even did something similar to what I said they should do - give both guys a LTC and tell them that one of them's going to get tagged so they should race to sign it.

Prisoner's dilemma wins again.

Makes sense that the WR is faster than the LT.