ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

luv 04-13-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7560163)
watched THe LIncoln Lawyer last weekend at the theater (first time in years we've been); i was pretty entertained by it.

I liked it, but thought some of the plots took away from the movie. I mean, they could have easily done away with Marisa Tomei's character altogether.

bowener 04-13-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 7561484)
Saw someone posted in this thread about the movie "The Road" with Viggo, so I decided to check it out.

Really liked it, quite the amazing story of survival in a post apocalyptic world.

What is pretty cool is that Cormic McCarthy came up with the story for The Road based on how it felt to be a father of a new born at 70+ y/o. He knows he won't live to see his child fully grow up, and won't be able to impart life's lessons upon him.

Dayze 04-13-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7561497)
I liked it, but thought some of the plots took away from the movie. I mean, they could have easily done away with Marisa Tomei's character altogether.

I agree; felt forced. you're right - she could've been removed and the plot wouldn't have changed at all.

very odd.

QuikSsurfer 04-13-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7557547)
As much as I like you I think we need some time apart to figure things out.

:huh:

lol

Otter 04-14-2011 07:43 AM

I watched "The Road" last night.

If you like movies where you feel like jumping off a cliff when it's over this one is for you. I felt better after watching ****ed up movies like "Antichrist". Good movie but damn, it's soooo dark and depressing in such realistic ways. That's definitely a one time watch for me.

QuikSsurfer 04-14-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7563646)
I watched "The Road" last night.

If you like movies where you feel like jumping off a cliff when it's over this one is for you. I felt better after watching ****ed up movies like "Antichrist". Good movie but damn, it's soooo dark and depressing in such realistic ways. That's definitely a one time watch for me.

I really want to see The Road, but I'm thinking I should read the book first.

Antichrist was pretty intense.. the boulder to the dick shot -- and what happened shortly after -- really stayed with me.

blaise 04-14-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7563655)
I really want to see The Road, but I'm thinking I should read the book first.

Antichrist was pretty intense.. the boulder to the dick shot -- and what happened shortly after -- really stayed with me.

You can read the book fairly quick, I think. It's not very long. It's listed as 256 pages on Amazon, but the copy I read has the margins so wide the text was only like half the page.

Easy 6 04-14-2011 10:52 AM

The Road was awesome, i didnt really care how the cataclysm happened, it was what the world devolved to that made it interesting.

'Why dont ya'll come down ta the truck & getcha selves sumpin ta eat?'... there was some scary shite in that movie.

Watched a great German made movie the other night called 'As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me', a true story about a German soldier captured by the Russians & sent to Siberia to die in the coal mines. But he escapes & manages to travel thousands of miles over a period of 3+ years to eventual freedom in Iran, with all kinds of harrowing adventures along the way.

I'm not usually real big on foreign films because i hate to read subtitles & the movies usually simply arent up to my standards in several ways, but this was way different, great production values, acting, locations, its all there. Four Stars.

Buehler445 04-14-2011 12:18 PM

I watched "Killers" yesterday. It was terrible, but entertaining. Just understand that you need to shut your mind off and laugh sometimes.

KcMizzou 04-16-2011 09:24 PM

This is a creepy, F'd up little movie most people would probably miss. Just saw it. I was thoroughly entertained.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qS_L06Mub40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 04-16-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7570880)
This is a creepy, F'd up little movie most people would probably miss. Just saw it. I was thoroughly entertained.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qS_L06Mub40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks ****ed up.

Reaper16 04-16-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7570880)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qS_L06Mub40" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

NO GET OUT OF THERE MAYOR CARCETTI! IT'S THE VILLAGE FROM THE WICKER MAN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!

luv 04-16-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 7564323)
I watched "Killers" yesterday. It was terrible, but entertaining. Just understand that you need to shut your mind off and laugh sometimes.

Have that and Sherlock Holmes from Netflix right now.

KcMizzou 04-16-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7570925)
NO GET OUT OF THERE MAYOR CARCETTI! IT'S THE VILLAGE FROM THE WICKER MAN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!

I didn't even realize... LMAO

Sure-Oz 04-17-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7561497)

Let me guess, she is a whorish woman that shows her tits in this movie just like every movie she does?