ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

blaise 11-08-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8091229)
Winters Bone.

Slow and boring, finally someone said enuf's enuf and made the girl stick her hand it some cold river water.

Yeah, needed more car chases or something. Or like a sassy gay friend.

Brock 11-08-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8091266)
Yeah, needed more car chases or something. Or like a sassy gay friend.

They shoulda got Adam Sandler to play one of the hillbillies. Or maybe Ben Stiller.

KcMizzou 11-08-2011 07:48 PM

The new Planet of the Apes was pretty cool. Really enjoyed that.

Buehler445 11-08-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8093172)
The new Planet of the Apes was pretty cool. Really enjoyed that.

I thought it was really well done. Very well IMO. And I really like Franco.

listopencil 11-08-2011 10:00 PM

I picked up Bunraku. It bored me. Like a mix of Kill Bill and every Jet Li movie ever made, if Kill Bill sucked and Jet Li was a prissy little Japanese guy.

Easy 6 11-10-2011 10:39 AM

Quite possibly the coolest movie i've watched all year was Kill the Irishman, its the kind of crime drama i Scorsese doesnt seem to make anymore.

Based on the true story of Danny Greene, who took over a corrupt union in 70's cleveland, the mob tried for years to kill the guy to no avail, even completely destroyed his house with him in it.

At times you're thinking, 'are they going for camp in this scene?' but it all just seems to fit that 70's vibe, even the film has a 70's feel to the color. Its a very fresh style of filmmaking, loved it.

And talk about a cool cast, Chris Walken, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer, Ray Stevenson, Paul Sorvino, Tony Darrow, best known as Sonny from Goodfellas. Its Kilmers best role in atleast 15 years, he's great in it.

FOUR STARS

The Franchise 11-10-2011 10:42 AM

Watched Green Lantern last night. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I'd still put it behind Captain America and Thor though.

Lzen 11-10-2011 11:37 AM

Watched Sucker Punch the other night. Definitely a strange movie. Not great by any means, but the visuals were fantastic and I like the music, as well. Story? Meh. Definitely a head scratcher.

Buehler445 11-13-2011 01:24 AM

Caught the change up this evening. I went in expecting it to suck. But it was decent. There was pretty damn funny comedy in there and the plot was not horrid.

And my GOD Olivia Wilde is a beautiful specimen of a human. Wow. She's ****ing gorgeous.

Caseyguyrr 11-13-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8057740)
I watched Priest last night.

I'd rather watch the replay of the Ravens/Jags Monday night game than that turd.

Priest was ****ing terrible, i watched it with my friend one night, he thought it was amazing, i thought we was on acid

Caseyguyrr 11-13-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8103165)
Caught the change up this evening. I went in expecting it to suck. But it was decent. There was pretty damn funny comedy in there and the plot was not horrid.

And my GOD Olivia Wilde is a beautiful specimen of a human. Wow. She's ****ing gorgeous.

dont even look at my future wife anymore, she is all mine

Richard J. 11-13-2011 03:25 AM

I saw Moneyball last week. It was entertaining and all, but boy did they overstate the impact of Billy Beane's "genius".

The movie claimed that Beane's strategy of going after players who get a lot of walks was responsible for the success the A's had. Three names that weren't mentioned EVEN ONCE were Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, and Barry Zito.

Beane is still in Oakland, those guys aren't, and the A's are losers now. It's obvious why that team won, and it's not because their hitters got a lot of walks.

KC_Connection 11-13-2011 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard J. (Post 8103283)
I saw Moneyball last week. It was entertaining and all, but boy did they overstate the impact of Billy Beane's "genius".

The movie claimed that Beane's strategy of going after players who get a lot of walks was responsible for the success the A's had. Three names that weren't mentioned EVEN ONCE were Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, and Barry Zito.

Beane is still in Oakland, those guys aren't, and the A's are losers now. It's obvious why that team won, and it's not because their hitters got a lot of walks.

Mulder, Hudson, and Zito didn't carry that team alone. By focusing on a market inefficiency at the time (high OBP guys who took walks), he was able to get very good production out of several positions very cheaply.

Unfortunately for him (and partly because of him...which is the real point of the movie), that market inefficiency doesn't exist any longer. The philosophies of that A's club are now used everywhere.

Buehler445 11-13-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseyguyrr (Post 8103215)
dont even look at my future wife anymore, she is all mine

I probably should let you have her. I'm pretty sure my entire body would melt if I ever saw her in person. Most certainly if she ever spoke to me.

KCUnited 11-13-2011 08:48 AM

TrollHunter

Blair Witch meets Where The Wild Things Are, not really, but kind of.

It was just ok for me.