ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

AustinChief 05-12-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7637372)
Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...#ixzz1MBVRlO1K

Just downloaded it to my Droid Incredible, ****ing badass

So Netflix gets off its ass and finally puts out an Android app right after Google announced their movie rental service... **** Netflix.

DaFace 05-12-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7637372)
Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...#ixzz1MBVRlO1K

Just downloaded it to my Droid Incredible, ****ing badass

It's about time.

Sure-Oz 05-12-2011 06:38 PM

HBO GO is a great app too if you are a subscriber

KevB 05-12-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7637546)
HBO GO is a great app too if you are a subscriber

Not if you are a Time Warner subscriber
Posted via Mobile Device

007 05-12-2011 08:52 PM

Complete BS that Netflix won't work on tablets. What the hell is up with that?

DaFace 05-12-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7637952)
Complete BS that Netflix won't work on tablets. What the hell is up with that?

It's not a tablet vs. phone thing. They apparently have to "approve" each device individually to make sure that their DRM technology will work OK. You'll probably most new tablets being supported, but I doubt that you'll see support for the old ones.

DrRyan 05-12-2011 11:55 PM

Just picked up the Nexus s 4G and it is slick man. First Android phone and I am loving it. I had had Blackberries for years and I see NO chance I got back. Haven't even made it to the app store yet but the google phone is a sweet user interface and does not have all the proprietary BS sprint apps on it.

I have d/l a good handful of the apps recommended in the list and as a result I may not sleep much tonight! Has anyone here used the Music Wizard app to make a ringtone? It claims to be able to do so but I am not seeing how to do that in the app. Could be that it is getting late and I am missing the obvious...

DaFace 05-13-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 7638139)
Just picked up the Nexus s 4G and it is slick man. First Android phone and I am loving it. I had had Blackberries for years and I see NO chance I got back. Haven't even made it to the app store yet but the google phone is a sweet user interface and does not have all the proprietary BS sprint apps on it.

I have d/l a good handful of the apps recommended in the list and as a result I may not sleep much tonight! Has anyone here used the Music Wizard app to make a ringtone? It claims to be able to do so but I am not seeing how to do that in the app. Could be that it is getting late and I am missing the obvious...

Never used that particular app. You can make basically any MP3 file a ringtone, though, so I've always just done that. There's a specific folder you have to put them in, but I'd have to dig around to remember which folder it is.

nstygma 05-13-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7638391)
Never used that particular app. You can make basically any MP3 file a ringtone, though, so I've always just done that. There's a specific folder you have to put them in, but I'd have to dig around to remember which folder it is.

if you've got Handcent sms installed, it comes with an audio selector that catalogs your entire sd card as well as internal. so when you go to choose a ringtone or notification sound through the system settings, you'll be able to see all the audio no matter the location

morphius 05-13-2011 12:03 PM

I think I used ringdroid to do that...

Crush 05-19-2011 07:27 PM

Just ordered the Droid X2. Goodbye POS Blackberry Storm 2. First Android device and I am stoked.

DaFace 05-19-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7650867)
Just ordered the Droid X2. Goodbye POS Blackberry Storm 2. First Android device and I am stoked.

Enjoy! It's certainly a new world of phones, though I kind of feel sorry for Blackberry getting left in the dust. They did so well for so long...

Crush 05-23-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7650871)
Enjoy! It's certainly a new world of phones, though I kind of feel sorry for Blackberry getting left in the dust. They did so well for so long...

Thanks, I have only played around with it for a hour and I am already in love.

vailpass 05-24-2011 10:32 AM

The Current Widget is handy. It tells you how fast your various chargers are charging your phone so you know if your charger is working well or not as well as gives you battery status indications.

Crush 05-24-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7659731)
The Current Widget is handy. It tells you how fast your various chargers are charging your phone so you know if your charger is working well or not as well as gives you battery status indications.

Thanks