ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thread of Hope.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270513)

gblowfish 02-27-2013 05:13 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan.
There IS no hope.

Nightfyre 02-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9447741)
I agree very wishful thinking. The only factor that leans in favor of it is that Andy Reid has had plenty of QBs around, and since all three of ours were so bad, he feels has to spend major coin and draft picks to restock the team at the qb position.

I pray to God you are right. I can live with the SF trade if Geno's name is called with the Chiefs first pick.....

I tried this method of coping the last time the Chiefs shit all over me. They wound up drafting Tyson ****ing Jackson and it stung way worse than if I had just come to grips with reality before it happened.

Nightfyre 02-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9447765)
I tried this method of coping the last time the Chiefs shit all over me. They wound up drafting Tyson ****ing Jackson and it stung way worse than if I had just come to grips with reality before it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I thought about trying this coping mechanism again. But I just remembered how it felt last time and decided it wasn't worth it.

In58men 02-27-2013 05:49 PM

@ProFootballTalk: Former Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli says compensation package for Alex Smith hasn't been finalized http://t.co/14CRcTTQHV

RUSH 02-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9447754)
If Reid even WANTED Geno, he wouldn't have agreed to this deal. At all.

Agreed?

Reid is running this show.

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9447978)
Agreed?

Reid is running this show.

Yes, that's what I said. If Reid wanted Geno, Reid wouldn't have agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9447968)
@ProFootballTalk: Former Chiefs G.M. Scott ***** says compensation package for Alex Smith hasn't been finalized http://t.co/14CRcTTQHV

All that means is that they are still working out the specifics for how the compensation will work based on Smith's performance.

Friggles 02-27-2013 06:04 PM

The passion from the fan base makes the Chiefs who they are. I understand the frustration. But let me ask a question. What is the biggest need for the Chiefs? IMO its QB. What's to say the Chiefs still don't draft a QB in the 1st rd? We all have suffered for a long time and we deserve something good to happen to this franchise. Keep the faith Chief fans....keep the faith.

In58men 02-27-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9447988)
Yes, that's what I said. If Reid wanted Geno, Reid wouldn't have agreed.

All that means is that they are still working out the specifics for how the compensation will work based on Smith's performance.

Don't crush my ****ing dreams you piece of shit.

B14ckmon 02-27-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friggles (Post 9448039)
The passion from the fan base makes the Chiefs who they are. I understand the frustration. But let me ask a question. What is the biggest need for the Chiefs? IMO its QB. What's to say the Chiefs still don't draft a QB in the 1st rd? We all have suffered for a long time and we deserve something good to happen to this franchise. Keep the faith Chief fans....keep the faith.

9 million dollars and the two draft picks they are giving away pretty much guarantees they are not drafting a QB in the first round.

If they liked Geno, they wouldn't have given up this years 2nd, and potentially next years second, for another QB. That is an epic amount for a possibly backup QB if they felt that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9448056)
Don't crush my ****ing dreams you piece of shit.

Proper reading comprehension should have done it for me. The tweet says the compensation is not yet decided. Meaning the whole "If he passes X number of yard with X number of TDs and plays in X number of games, then it becomes a 3rd round pick" thing.

KurtCobain 02-27-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9447151)
Where is the Bad Guy? Maybe he's heard something about it.

Leave him alone, he's having personal issues.

CaliforniaChief 02-27-2013 06:22 PM

I'm with Detoxing. I'll climb off the ledge if its a swap of 2nds, and we DON'T give Alex Smith a new contract. I'm even ok with a conditional mid-rounder next year for that deal.

But the way this day's gone so far, I'm fully anticipating that the Royals are about to announce a 10-year extension with Francouer.

Sorter 02-27-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9447776)
Don't get me wrong, I thought about trying this coping mechanism again. But I just remembered how it felt last time and decided it wasn't worth it.

Watch, we'll take Floyd at 1.1 and it will be complete. Jesus.