ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chiefs Tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=5480)

BroncoFan 12-04-2000 02:25 PM

I have a funny feeling that this game will either be a big blow out for us, or if things have deteriorated so bad, that this game will be played without emotion.

I do not predict a hard faught well deserved win. It will be either on extreme or the other.

I wore my Chiefs Dawson jersey today and have been taking a LOT of flack for it. I hope they win.

G_Man 12-04-2000 02:31 PM

If the Chiefs win, I WILL BE SEVERELY PI_SED OFF!!

The last thing this coaching staff (or the fans) needs is to finish the season on "a positive note", giving then hope going into next season!

Not to mention that it just moves KC back at least one notch in the draft each time they win.

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 12-04-2000).]

DoktorSmith 12-04-2000 02:34 PM

Of course they are going to win tonight. When it hurts the most. They are going to win every single game from now on out because that means we will lose draft position, and keep the coaching/gm staff. I would be willing to bet money on it.

Kurt Surber 12-04-2000 02:40 PM

I too fear, but I fear that the Chiefs will play inspired, winning, football from here on out. Then we are back to the age-old conundrum. Have they figured it out and are they moving in the right direction, or are they just incapable of playing well when it matters. Things will be tough no matter how you slice it. 0-4 and this team will have officially 'learned how to lose.' That 'knowledge' will take a great deal of time, as well as a shocking amount of turnover, to erase. OTOH, if they go 4-0, how do you reward the effort that would require? One would almost have to characterize it as a vote-of-confidence from the players to the coaching staff.
I almost wish the regular season had already ended, and the Chiefs were on the way to healing the gaping wounds they developed this year.

JOhn 12-04-2000 02:50 PM

I'm betting money that they lose. The players want change as badly as we do. They'll lose and they'll lose by 2 TD's. Take it to the bank!

AustinChief 12-04-2000 03:04 PM

Pats 28 - Chiefs 7. Terry Glenn catches 2 touchdown passes(saves my ffl game). And the Pats D return 2 Grbac interceptions for touchdowns.

Donnie Edwards returns an interception for a TD to give KC their only points.

So, lets see, that is 21 points scored on defense, and 14 on offense. Yep, about right for these two teams.

Snapper 12-04-2000 03:13 PM

i don't care how much it hurts the draft..i want the chiefs to win...the day i cheer and hope for a loss is the day i start cheering for , gulp, figure skating...or some other crap...

I really really hope they win the donk game the 17th...i'm driving 6 hours, payed my 140, and am going with some donk fans...and don't need the ribbing all the way home..

Shootr 12-04-2000 07:03 PM

Iowanian,
I'm with you. I don't want the stooges back (I'll settle for Stock & KS going), but I will never hope the Chiefs lose any game.
BTW, if Grbac tosses 3 TDs tonight (yeah I know: big IF), he'll be tied with Peyton Manning for the AFC lead in TD passes. Also, he's 2nd in the NFL in passing yards: 440 behind Manning. I seriously doubt he'll get near that # tonight, but not too shabby.
GO CHIEFS!

Shootr 12-04-2000 07:04 PM

Iowanian,
I'm with you. I don't want the stooges back (I'll settle for Stock & KS going), but I will never hope the Chiefs lose any game.
BTW, if Grbac tosses 3 TDs tonight (yeah I know: big IF), he'll be tied with Peyton Manning for the AFC lead in TD passes. Also, he's 2nd in the NFL in passing yards: 440 behind Manning. I seriously doubt he'll get near that # tonight, but not too shabby.
GO CHIEFS!

JOhn 12-04-2000 07:08 PM

Don't get me wrong. I'm pretty downtrodden lately but I'm going home to cheer my Chiefs! Do I think they'll win? No! Do I hope they will? Hell yeah. Would it bode better for a playoff spot if they lose, thus making this ****ty season an easier pill to swallow? Hell, yeah again!

htismaqe 12-04-2000 07:18 PM

I can't belive those of you who WANT your team to lose. How disgusting. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. True fans stick by thier team no matter what. I know that this is a disapointing season, and you guys are upset, but to want your team to lose does not reflect well upon you. Hold your heads high, and belive that in the end it will all work out for the best. Because if we lose hope, what else is there?

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

JOhn 12-04-2000 07:22 PM

Come on, raiderhater. What is there left to hope for? Playoffs? Only if you also believe Gore might be president. The writing is on the wall for both. The only thing we can HOPE for now is a nice draft pick and that we don't end anyone's career in the next 4 games other than a few choice coaches.

htismaqe 12-04-2000 07:26 PM

raiderhader
Man i gotta agree with ya. No matter How bad we are doing in the season, I WILL ALWAYS cheer my team. AND ALWAYS have faith in them to WIN!!!!!

Homervision :D

[This message has been edited by JOhn (edited 12-04-2000).]

htismaqe 12-04-2000 07:28 PM

Besides which, I have witnessed way to many Miracles in the NFL, to count my team out untill they are out!

htismaqe 12-04-2000 07:29 PM

KPhobia, hope for the best in the future. Belive that after this season everything will work out for the best. I agree that this season is over, but that does not mean that you turn on your team. Those kinds of people are fairweather fans and back stabbers. Now don't get me wrong. I don't belive that these people are fairweather fans, they are just frustrated. But you can not ever EVER abonden your team. Be optimistic about the future of seasons to come.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28