ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Great Chiefs Road Trip 2007 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171820)

Calcountry 10-07-2007 07:21 PM

The Great Chiefs Road Trip 2007

Wow, what a day, where do I begin.

The Roosters started crowing at about 5 this morning and as was planned, I awoke, got the kid in the already tightly packed car and headed off on the Road trip to Missouri/Kansas to have fun, food, relatives, and a Chiefs football game.

By Bakersfield I had found a strong Nascar station to listen to, I mean, Matt Kenseth is from there. As we pass into the Tehachapi mountain range the signal for the race faded right about time for the green flag, so its time for the search feature. OMG! I find a solid channel that has the westwood one game on it it it is the Chiefs/Jags!!! no freaking way, whats the score; whats the score!?

10-0 zip Jags. O.K., it's Herms game plan again. I am sorry to say, that listening to the rest of that game did not keep me very distracted on a long drive through the high desert around Barstow. Perhaps maybe it isn't too late, I can turn back now, and make it home in time for work. NOT! I am having way too much fun so far.

Stopped at a fruit stand,(insert fruits and nuts joke here), picked up some raw Orange blossom honey. I can't wait to try that out. For the immediate sweet tooth needs, some awesome red seedless grapes did the trick.

Well, that is all for now. I will try to include some pics (cell phone Quality, sorry, I'm not big on photography) of places we go and give you updates on the trip. I will be attempting to meed a few planeteers on the way and in and around KC. In between I am squeezing in next weeks Bengals Chiefs game. I have 2 tix waiting at my nephews house.

It would be cool if the mods would sticky this. I hope I am not out of line with this, I feel like such an outsider sometimes. Drop me a line, maybe I can swing by and see some of you. It might be your only chance to meet the turd herder in person. :D

HonestChieffan 10-07-2007 07:26 PM

too many fresh grapes makes one verry poopy

Calcountry 10-07-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan
too many fresh grapes makes one verry poopy

Are you trying to say this is a poop thread?

Well, I just got done with a swim at the HI exp indoor pool.

Nice. Ready for another Coca Cola 600 tomorrow. Should be able to make Albuquerque or Amarillo by then.

Phobia 10-07-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Are you trying to say this is a poop thread?

Well, I just got done with a swim at the HI exp indoor pool.

Nice. Ready for another Coca Cola 600 tomorrow. Should be able to make Albuquerque or Amarillo by then.

Make Albuquerque for the sunset. I love driving through there at dusk.

Calcountry 10-07-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Maybe I can play center for your football team?

One snap at least, I hear you guys are pretty rough. Me, I am just a puss.

HonestChieffan 10-07-2007 09:21 PM

Push on to Amarillo so you can get out of there before daylight. Nothing to see east of Amarillo.

Bugeater 10-07-2007 09:58 PM

Sorry Bunny, but the state of Missouri is going to be closed for the next 2 weeks for cleaning and repair.

Calcountry 10-08-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
Sorry Bunny, but the state of Missouri is going to be closed for the next 2 weeks for cleaning and repair.

Heheh, do you want the same reaction as Chevy did at Wally world?

I believe in criticising the coach to his face.

Calcountry 10-08-2007 08:07 AM

4 tires and fuel boys, I'm hittin the road now. Talk to you where I turn up next. Bye.

Dartgod 10-08-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Good idea. And then he can make it to Amarillo by morning.

underEJ 10-08-2007 09:45 AM

Ick Amarillo. Hang a left at Tucumcari, and enter Kansas at Liberal. It's a much nicer drive, and less time, although you do have to go through about 20 minutes of stinky feed lots in Texas.

Really nice people all the way through, and better eats than interstate fast food stops.

2112 10-08-2007 04:38 PM

Have fun, Bunny. enjoy your trip! :toast:

Adept Havelock 10-08-2007 04:46 PM

Safe trip to you. Have fun.

Phobia 10-08-2007 04:46 PM

Yeah, definitely come play some football with us Saturday.

Dartgod 10-08-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Good idea. And then he can make it to Amarillo by morning.

*crickets*

Damn, I figured I'd get a groan or something.