ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979967)
The line is NEVER going to look good when the other team knows you can't stretch the field.

They just load up the LOS and keep everything in front of them.

Who was the guy that said defenses were literally playing 12-15 yards and in?

The worst part is... Cassel STILL has one of the worst downfield passing %'s, if you discount garbage time. THat's just downright embarrassing.

Agree. An even average downfield QB puts the defense on their heels enough that they can't get away with over-aggressive defense. Such as on the pass rush.

FAX 10-05-2012 04:54 PM

Mr. OnTheWarpath58 is right in the sense that we have much work to do.

But, I submit that the one place to start is the GM. Why do we have a doofus at quarterback? The GM. Why do we have a placid, giant weeble doll as HC? The GM. Speaking of that, why are we on our 2nd HC and 5th OC in 4 years? The GM. Why are we running a defensive system that allows good passers to destroy us in their first 10 pre-scripted plays? The GM. Why have we drafted developmental projects and gimmick players with high picks? The GM.

I cannot believe that CK honestly thinks he's getting his money's worth out of Dr. Evil. Solve the GM problem and things immediately and automatically improve. Assuming, of course, we get a good one.

FAX

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 04:55 PM

Not at all.

qabbaan 10-05-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8979980)
Who was the guy that said defenses were literally playing 12-15 yards and in?

The worst part is... Cassel STILL has one of the worst downfield passing %'s, if you discount garbage time. THat's just downright embarrassing.

Only Sanchez, Tannehill, and Weeden have worse ratings without any discounts at all,

chiefzilla1501 10-05-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8979976)
With a competent GM, I don't think it would take 2 years, but I absolutely agree with the bolded comment.

Guys like Jackson, Dorsey, Belcher, Lewis, all of our NT's, Arenas, McCluster, Baldwin, our interior linemen and our TE's are nothing but role players on teams like the Pats, Packers, Ravens, etc.

Want to see Dorsey play 1-gap. Poe needs time to develop. Want to see Baldwin play behind a QB who can actually throw past 15 yards (same with Breaston). And Kyle Orton sure showed that this team is deep enough to spread the ball to lots of TE targets, and would love to see a QB who knows how to pass to multiple targets (beyond locking on to Bowe). Lewis and Arenas and McCLuster can be upgraded, but they don't play mission critical positions.

Don't think this team is far away behind the right coach. With better play from a Nose Tackle and a franchise QB, this team has plenty of the right parts.

CoMoChief 10-05-2012 04:57 PM

QB and maybe switch 34 defense philosophies and we're golden.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8979933)
We don’t know what each side’s final offer was, but it appears Bowe was demanding Larry Fitzgerald money while offering slightly less than Fitzgerald skills. However, salary decisions are based on a cost-benefit analysis and I don’t see anyone who offers the same or greater benefit for the same or lower cost.

"It appears"

LMAO LMAO

Nice source, asshole

Hammock Parties 10-05-2012 05:00 PM

The roster is stocked with talent. Not an overload, like people seem to think, but enough that this team could easily compete for the division next season.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 05:06 PM

If we had Geno Smith at QB, you don't see 11 players in the ****ing box. They back off from that, our linemen get a break in pass protection, and even if they break down, Geno's a stud at pocket awareness. So now you have to guard the roll out AND the deep throw. Then we get Jamaal Charles the ball. Then we score points. Then we get leads. Then we play defense with leads.

Basically, the players that look shitty now, even those not even connected to the QB, would look a lot better. Look at the goddamn Redskins for crying out loud.

Oh, and it would help if we changed defensive schemes.

keg in kc 10-05-2012 05:07 PM

I think people underestimate just how much of a difference a competent quarterback would make. And it doesn't even have to be a Brady, a quarterback the calibre of, say, Trent Green would win 10 games with this roster this year. Cassel is single-handedly killing this season. Take it a step beyond that, and find a Brady or a Brees (or a Geno Smith?) and they're going from worst to first in short order. There are already a ton of pieces in place, they have a really talented roster, and I think they could literally turn into a Superbowl contender with one good offseason.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8980005)
The roster is stocked with talent. Not an overload, like people seem to think, but enough that this team could easily compete for the division next season.

Sounds like something Caps-Lock Deb would say.

Who gives a **** about competing in a shitty division? The goal is a ****ing championship.

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980027)
Sounds like something Caps-Lock Deb would say.

Who gives a **** about competing in a shitty division? The goal is a ****ing championship.

All real QB would go a long way in accomplishing that.

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8980039)
All real QB would go a long way in accomplishing that.

It's just one piece of the puzzle.

I've bashed Matt Cassel since the day we dealt for him, but this team has way more problems than just him.

jd1020 10-05-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980048)
It's just one piece of the puzzle.

I've bashed Matt Cassel since the day we dealt for him, but this team has way more problems than just him.

Beyond the coaching what are they?

tk13 10-05-2012 05:17 PM

It seems the roster has talent, but everyone has gone so crazy over Cassel it's masked all the other problems this team has had this year. There have been a lot of guys playing below their talent level. Maybe a new QB would fix that. But you definitely can't just put Tom Brady out there with a pile of garbage and win a Super Bowl.