ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389812)
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Romeo is GONE...the offensive scheme is going to drastically change..Geno is NO Donavan Mcnabb...not even close...AND Reid is big on a dominate offense line...I just don't see how they can pass on Joeckel..unless he screws himself at the combine..

McNabb was loved by fans when he came out, and he put up incredible numbers at Syracuse.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389739)
Spot on...let the raiders draft smith... He's a project..never took a snap in the NFL much less participated in the combine. I seriously don't get the Geno/love from everyone here...it's actually kinda sad...it's like theirs going to be a mass suicide if he's not taken...kinda weird..

You can't be serious.

By this estimation, every single QB coming into the NFL from college is a "project."

Let's pass on all of them.

Oh, wait.

We have.

And what has it yielded us?

Jack shit.

Geno is as good a QB prospect as you can get coming out of college. Experience. Size. Arm. Accuracy. Work ethic.

What else do you want from a QB prospect? Seriously. I'd like to know.

patteeu 02-09-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389731)
If we are wrong about Geno, we are wrong about Geno.

But we are not wrong about the fact that being safe gets you jack.

We are not wrong that the potential reward far outweighs the risk.

But just to be clear, you'll be wrong on the most important point.

Saccopoo 02-09-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389758)
A good offensive line can make a retread look awesome...get a clue...Andy knows what we need..to waste the first pick on a 3rd round prospect with the free agent market is just insane...

And how many playoff games did we win with two Hall of Famers (Roaf, Shields) and three All-Pro's (Waters, Wiegmann, Tait) on the same offensive line?

Let me clue you in - ****ING ZERO.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389822)
McNabb was loved by fans when he came out, and he put up incredible numbers at Syracuse.

And Geno has done what? Please remind everyone what his record was last year...you guys are delusional..

milkman 02-09-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389839)
But just to be clear, you'll be wrong on the most important point.

Only in your mind.

I like Geno better than Wilson or Barkley, but I won't bitch if it's any ofthose guys.

It's well past the time for this team to risk failure in the persuit of championships.

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389847)
And Geno has done what? Please remind everyone what his record was last year...you guys are delusional..

When evaluating NFL prospects, overall team record means a lot.

Please list your specific criticisms of Geno Smith's skill set to explain why you believe he should carry a third-round grade, as previously stated.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9389843)
And how many playoff games did we win with two Hall of Famers (Roaf, Shields) and three All-Pro's (Waters, Wiegmann, Tait) on the same offensive line?

Let me clue you in - ****ING ZERO.

We didn't have a defense!!! Dumbass..

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Go ahead and argue that a QB's record in college matters, dumbass.

You will lose.

-King- 02-09-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

He didn't have a defense!!!! Dumbass..
Posted via Mobile Device

munkey 02-09-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9389861)
When evaluating NFL prospects, overall team record means a lot.

Please list your specific criticisms of Geno Smith's skill set to explain why you believe he should carry a third-round grade, as previously stated.

6-7...really? He's not a number one pick based on his collegiate record alone..he's never taken a snap on the NFL..what a stupid question..do your homework..go back and review what Andy wants in a QB...Geno's not it..sorry

NJChiefsFan 02-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389764)
I expect more from you Rausch...are you seriously on the Geno bandwagon??? Way to early for me to jump on...not with the #1 pick.. Sorry...

Whatever. Not loving Geno is an opinion. Thinking you can win because of your offensive line is a silly opinion, a blind one actually. You need a very good QB to win. Trying to win with a great Oline and average QB is reckless.

munkey 02-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9389873)
Posted via Mobile Device

Really??? ROLF....why didn't he play on the senior bowl? Tell me...

-King- 02-09-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9389889)
Really??? ROLF....why didn't he play on the senior bowl? Tell me...

What does this have to do with anything? A lot of QBs choose not to play in the senior bowl. Nothing wrong with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9389873)
Posted via Mobile Device

Or an O-Line, or RB.