ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10369759)
Back in my day, when two guys had a disagreement, they took it outside and settled it like men!

Nowadays, you just get shot inside a movie theater. Kind of takes the bravado out of the whole scenario.

If it was two men of equal stature, I would agree. If Someone in their thirties attacks a 71 year old man, well, that is different.

stevieray 01-14-2014 01:08 PM

...guy must not have seen the ambulamps video...we can debate all day long whether or not he should/shouldn't have shot him...

the real issue is current culture that will stomp you to death for a TV on black friday....things go to eleven almost instantly..self entitlement, looking to be offended, and general lack of common courtesy all make a minor confrontations deadly.

sad....

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2014 01:10 PM

I think it's pretty clear that this 71 year old retired cop lost his marbles. Instead of enjoying his golden years and a nice retirement after serving his community for such a long time, he's gonna be sitting behind some iron bars, probably until he dies.

Dartgod 01-14-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10369777)
...guy must not have seen the ambulamps video...we can debate all day long whether or not he should/shouldn't have shot him...

the real issue is current culture that will stomp you to death for a TV on black friday....things go to eleven almost instantly..self entitlement, looking to be offended, and general lack of common courtesy all make a minor confrontations deadly.

sad....

All this is sadly true.

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10369775)
Yeah, OK George Zimmerman. I thought I was talking to a man who could handle himself...

I don't go out looking for trouble, and I'm mature enough I don't feel the need to get into "fisticuffs" anymore. If you want to come start shit with me, that is on you. It doesn't make you more of a man to start fights, just like it doesn't make me a man to have a gun in my hand. That's not what this is about. This is about defending yourself. If that's how you judge manhood just move along because we will never see eye to eye.

Pablo 01-14-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369776)
If it was two men of equal stature, I would agree. If Someone in their thirties attacks a 71 year old man, well, that is different.

Well, there was a 28 year difference between the two men.

Are we supposed to assume that a 50 year old man can't reasonably defend himself without a weapon from a 22 year old? Is the difference in age what makes it alright to use a gun to resolve a disagreement instead of engaging in fisticuffs?

Or are you just assuming that all 71 year olds are weak and fragile, and can't fend for themselves?

Pablo 01-14-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10369777)

sad....

LMAO

Grandpa stomped the shit out of that guy.

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369766)
and I say to you, I have no obligation to take a physical assault without defending myself. There is no guarantee that the attacker will stop, and it IS a life endangering event. Don't want to get shot? Don't start a fight.

If his only orther recourse is going Dirty Harry, the 71 year old man needs to shut the **** up, move, or step back and let the theater employees handle it. Instead, this dipshit apparently decided to play Billy Badass because the guy threw a bag of popcorn at him, and he'll now be spending the rest of his life at the ironbar hotel.

DaWolf 01-14-2014 01:15 PM

If you are not prepped for the possibility of getting your ass whupped in that situation should it escalate, then you should not engage and re-engage in a dispute with the other party. If your only plan is to shoot the individual after initiating the dispute should the dispute escalate, then you belong in jail. I mean, perspective. This was over TEXTING in a MOVIE THEATER...

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10369792)
If you are not prepped for the possibility of getting your ass whupped in that situation should it escalate, then you should not engage and re-engage in a dispute with the other party. If your only plan is to shoot the individual after initiating the dispute should the dispute escalate, then you belong in jail...

yep, the old man left to find management and could not find any theatre management, and instead of just moving to another seat, he goes right back to where the guy texting is. Then he pulls a pistol out? Like I said, this guy has lost it. He took a very minor situation and turned it into 2nd degree murder and left a child fatherless.

Easy 6 01-14-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10369728)
Who the **** are you? You dont talk to people ever??? Why is that Chatty? Go **** yourself you little twat.

See that? give someone a rap on the beater and ya get a little respect around here!

Fish 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369786)
I don't go out looking for trouble, and I'm mature enough I don't feel the need to get into "fisticuffs" anymore. If you want to come start shit with me, that is on you. It doesn't make you more of a man to start fights, just like it doesn't make me a man to have a gun in my hand. That's not what this is about. This is about defending yourself. If that's how you judge manhood just move along because we will never see eye to eye.

You continue to miss the difference between defending yourself, and killing another unarmed person over a disagreement. No witnesses reported any struggle. Shooter is behind bars, and likely will be for a long time. That should tell you everything you need to know about your idea of defense.

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10369787)
Well, there was a 28 year difference between the two men.

Are we supposed to assume that a 50 year old man can't reasonably defend himself without a weapon from a 22 year old? Is the difference in age what makes it alright to use a gun to resolve a disagreement instead of engaging in fisticuffs?

Or are you just assuming that all 71 year olds are weak and fragile, and can't fend for themselves?

I am assuming that most elderly folks have physical conditions that would make fisticuffs unfair at best, and possibly deadly in some worst cases.

If that assumption doesn't prove to be true, this was probably murder. If the texter didn't show an eminent physical threat, this was probably murder.

Radar Chief 01-14-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10369792)
If you are not prepped for the possibility of getting your ass whupped in that situation should it escalate, then you should not engage and re-engage in a dispute with the other party. If your only plan is to shoot the individual after initiating the dispute should the dispute escalate, then you belong in jail. I mean, perspective. This was over TEXTING in a MOVIE THEATER...

In the CCW class I took I was told that you can’t start a fight, use your weapon to end it and call it “self-defense”. That’s murder, plain and simple.

PunkinDrublic 01-14-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10369779)
I think it's pretty clear that this 71 year old retired cop lost his marbles. Instead of enjoying his golden years and a nice retirement after serving his community for such a long time, he's gonna be sitting behind some iron bars, probably until he dies.

He might get conjegul visits.