ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Kaepernick pulls a Steve Bono (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274347)

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:03 PM

Hell, I'd bet there are NFL players who have the logo of another team TATTOOED on their body.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796598)
That's pure, unadulterated speculation.

Was Michael Vick 6'5, 240 pounds at age 23? Did Michael Vick just lead his team to the Super Bowl at age 23? Did Michael Vick throw for more than 1,800 yards, 10 TD's and 3 INT's in half a season, then lead his team to a Super Bowl?

Not speculation, Kap is going to turn the ball over, wait and see.

I also find it interesting that the 49ers defense "led" the team to within 1 play of the SB but Kap "led" the team to the SB last year with that same if not better defense.

I know dude is mega talented no denying it but he just about ****ed himself into a corner before they made the SB and then probably cost them the SB.

Rather than compare him to Vick I would say he is more Cam Newton like. Not sure what the ceiling is there.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:05 PM

What does his ability to throw a baseball have to do with anything in this thread? There have been countless QBs with great arms that weren't great passers in the NFL. His ability to throw a football a long distance and at a high rate of speed is a nice tool to have, but it doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796617)
Hell, I'd bet there are NFL players who have the logo of another team TATTOOED on their body.

Former teams or teams tats they got prior to the NFL, sure.

I deal with Coke and Pepsi both as clients at work, and we have done some product for DPSU (Dr Pepper/7Up).

These companies ****ing hate each other. At Pepsi's corporate office their front entrance has a floor mat with a Coke symbol in it and it says "Wipe Feet Here".

Its not difficult to understand.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796398)
Sorry dude, it's dumb and shows he is dumb. There is no way to spin it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9796418)
Pretty much. I am not inclined to overreact and crucify him for it, but it is unfortunate that he did this and more so that he responded the way he did about the criticism of it.

I have been worried that he turns into a massive douche over the years. Sure, he has the cocky swag going strong, but what obviously matters most is that he works hard and plays at a high level. I can still hope he matures quickly and the swag does not grow into something truly problematic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796535)
That's about the biggest crock of shit you have ever posted. Pure bullshit.

Look at the company you keep, Lil' Chiefy. LOOK AT IT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9796587)
ALEX SMITH WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

And by something like that; I mean lead a team to a SB appearance.

Finally; sanity.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796623)
Former teams or teams tats they got prior to the NFL, sure.

I deal with Coke and Pepsi both as clients at work, and we have dome some product for DPSU (Dr Pepper/7Up).

These companies ****ing hate each other. At Pepsi's corporate office their front entrance has a floor mat with a Coke symbol in it and it says "Wipe Feet Here".

Its not difficult to understand.

Pro athletes don't hate each other. It's no longer 1950. It's a business.

It's not difficult to understand.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9796625)
Look at the company you keep, Lil' Chiefy. LOOK AT IT.

Finally; sanity.

As soon as you disagree with my post its all the confirmation I need that I am correct.

LoneWolf 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9796609)
But that's just silly. "Well, if Aaron Rodgers has tears his shoulder, he'll never be the same".

Are you seriously equating a knee injury to a throwing shoulder injury for an NFL quarterback? That would be like comparing a sprained ankle to Tommy John surgery for a MLB pitcher.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Pick an NFL player at random, and go to his home.

Chances are good that he has a basement/bar/etc covered in autographed jerseys from players on other teams.

OK to hang on the wall, but wear it and you're crucified?

It's ****ing laundry. Who gives a shit.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796626)

WTF do players relationships have to do with knowing you are a Niner and your fans dont want to see you wear Dolphins gear?

JFC this discussion is unbelievable.

I am convinced you would support any talented non Chiefs player in any situation.

You probably think Hernandez is not guilty as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796626)

Yeah, it's not like these guys see each other and hang out off the field either.

But, they should always put their goddamned, idiot true fans first in every aspect of their lives!

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9796634)
Pick an NFL player at random, and go to his home.

Chances are good that he has a basement/bar/etc covered in autographed jerseys from players on other teams.

OK to hang on the wall, but wear it and you're crucified?

It's ****ing laundry. Who gives a shit.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Johnson has a Home Depot hat in his trophy room. LMAO

jd1020 07-07-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796635)
WTF do players relationships have to do with knowing you are a Niner and your fans dont want to see you wear Dolphins gear?

I am convinced you would support any talented non Chiefs player in any situation.

Bringing up a murder in a fashion discussion. Awesome!

Marcellus 07-07-2013 12:12 PM

Since this is so common place why do we not see this all the time?

Oh I know why because the other 99.5% of the players are ****ing smarter than this.

The proof is right in front of you.

OnTheWarpath15 07-07-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9796635)

Funny, just a few posts ago I said I would support Dwayne Bowe in the exact same situation.

But you ignored that, so you could continue with your asinine argument that I'm defending Kap because he's NOT a Chief.

Childish.