ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Independence Day 2 announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274098)

notorious 06-25-2013 07:37 PM

"Too Expensive" my ass. This movie will make hundreds of millions if they don't **** it up.

notorious 06-25-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9775243)
Maybe they can get Jaden Smith instead

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9775359)
"Too Expensive" my ass. This movie will make hundreds of millions if they don't **** it up.

This is the big issue: How do you reconcile paying Will Smith $30 million plus backend while guaranteeing it'll earn at the box office?

If it flops, then everyone but Smith is out a ton of money.

tk13 06-25-2013 07:43 PM

By the time this comes out, there will be college students who probably have never seen the first one because it came out when they were 3-4 years old.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9775384)
By the time this comes out, there will be college students who probably have never seen the first one because it came out when they were 3-4 years old.

It airs frequently on FX and premium cable channels

tk13 06-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9775385)
It airs frequently on FX and premium cable channels

I know, it was on the other night. I was being partly sarcastic... but it's always a bit funny when sequels come along 20 years down the line. There will probably be kids out there who have little knowledge of the first film.

Gravedigger 06-25-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9775374)
This is the big issue: How do you reconcile paying Will Smith $30 million plus backend while guaranteeing it'll earn at the box office?

If it flops, then everyone but Smith is out a ton of money.

IE After Earth

GordonGekko 06-25-2013 08:14 PM

I like it.

ID4 was badass back in the day, a classic Will Smith movie.

Unfortunately, Emmerich has fallen down the reerun ladder with his last few movies, although they all gross a shit ton.

kysirsoze 06-25-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9775118)
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, but I find myself looking forward to White House Down. The previews look mindless but fun. If it gets decent reviews I'll probably go see it.

I may need shock therapy.

I'm looking forward to it, but in an awesomely bad sort of way. I would almost rather the reviews be terrible.

Deberg_1990 06-25-2013 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL

Frazod 06-25-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9775561)
I'm looking forward to it, but in an awesomely bad sort of way. I would almost rather the reviews be terrible.

The closest thing to Emmerich is Bay, and I vastly prefer Emmerich's movies (can't even remember the last Bay movie I saw). Emmerich's movies are mindlessly silly, but he (usually) assembles a good cast with likeable heroes and follows a cookie cutter rah-rah storyline to a predictable, heroic ending, wrapped in over the top CGI effects. That's what you're going to get, and you know it going in. If you walk out of an Emmerich movie disappointed, you really have no one to blame but yourself for going in the first place.

It's not like he's pretending to peddle high art and delivering stinking shit like that hack Shyamalan.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9775599)
The closest thing to Emmerich is Bay, and I vastly prefer Emmerich's movies (can't even remember the last Bay movie I saw). Emmerich's movies are mindlessly silly, but he (usually) assembles a good cast with likeable heroes and follows a cookie cutter rah-rah storyline to a predictable, heroic ending, wrapped in over the top CGI effects. That's what you're going to get, and you know it going in. If you walk out of an Emmerich movie disappointed, you really have no one to blame but yourself for going in the first place.

It's not like he's pretending to peddle high art and delivering stinking shit like that hack Shyamalan.

I watched "The Rock" the other night and forgot just how much I loved that movie. Great actors, great score and a fairly normal Nic Cage.

The thing that bothers me most about Emmerich is that he's been too preachy lately with "Day After Tomorrow" and "2012".

10,000 BC was the dumbest movie ever.

Frazod 06-25-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9775603)
I watched "The Rock" the other night and forgot just how much I loved that movie. Great actors, great score and a fairly normal Nic Cage.

The thing that bothers me most about Emmerich is that he's been too preachy lately with "Day After Tomorrow" and "2012".

10,000 BC was the dumbest movie ever.

Never saw 10,000 BC. The trailers didn't even look appealing for that one.

DaneMcCloud 06-25-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9775621)
Never saw 10,000 BC. The trailers didn't even look appealing for that one.

Neanderthals built the pyramids in Egypt.

Yes, that dumb.

Frazod 06-25-2013 08:43 PM

Here's a question for you, Dane. How the **** is M. Night Shyamalan still able to make movies? I mean, he's like a modern day Ed Wood at this point.