ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297991)

KChiefs1 02-03-2016 12:01 AM

The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story

Just watched the first episode. I think it's going to be very interesting.

Dayze 02-03-2016 07:27 AM

oh, it's episode based?

shit...for some reason I thought it was a docudrama movie etc.
bummer.

oh well....set to record it last night; i"ll just need to remember to record the entire series.

KChiefs1 02-03-2016 09:59 PM

10 episodes.

Urc Burry 02-03-2016 10:40 PM

First episode was good, but 10 seems excessive.

Also, Travolta is hard to watch. What has he done to his face?

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12063210)
Also, Travolta is hard to watch. What has he done to his face?

Become old

Tribal Warfare 02-03-2016 11:30 PM

Why the **** would anybody want to watch this it was so saturated in the mid-90's it makes me gag.

DaneMcCloud 02-04-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12063270)
Why the **** would anybody want to watch this it was so saturated in the mid-90's it makes me gag.

Dude, I listened to the trial every day on local radio, watched the analysis every day over lunch and watched it again on CNN when I got home from work each and every day.

I went to the Bundy house, the Gretna Green house and OJ's house on Rockingham, not to mention watching the "Chase" live during the NBA playoffs.

Kato is an idiot, Faye Resnick a ****ing twat and just about everyone else an attention seeking fame whore/star ****er.

The entire ordeal brought out the worst in American society and reality TV has exploded since the trial began.

The world would be so much better off with Nicole Simpson being alive while no one ever heard about the Kardashians.

The Rick 02-05-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12063270)

It was actually well done and entertaining. Lots of big name actors (Cuba Gooding Jr., Travolta, David Schwimmer, Connie Britton, etc.). Couldn't stop watching and will definitely continue to watch.

The best part was when Mama Kardashian yelled at her little spoiled brat kids running around at the funeral..."Kim and Kourtney! Stop running!". :)

BlackHelicopters 02-05-2016 11:06 AM

Interesting show . Will watch the second episode.

TinyEvel 02-05-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12063357)
Dude, I listened to the trial every day on local radio, watched the analysis every day over lunch and watched it again on CNN when I got home from work each and every day.

I went to the Bundy house, the Gretna Green house and OJ's house on Rockingham, not to mention watching the "Chase" live during the NBA playoffs.

Kato is an idiot, Faye Resnick a ****ing twat and just about everyone else an attention seeking fame whore/star ****er.

The entire ordeal brought out the worst in American society and reality TV has exploded since the trial began.

The world would be so much better off with Nicole Simpson being alive while no one ever heard about the Kardashians.

Very, very true.

If OJ doesn't kill Nicole, Rob Kardashian never gets the limelight. So Kim's sex tape would not have blown up, and no Kardasshole Klan on TV or in the media. Such a sting of asshattery.

The Franchise 02-05-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 12065274)
Very, very true.

If OJ doesn't kill Nicole, Rob Kardashian never gets the limelight. So Kim's sex tape would not have blown up, and no Kardasshole Klan on TV or in the media. Such a sting of asshattery.

So this is all OJ's fault. ****ing bastard!

Sully 02-05-2016 11:23 AM

I really enjoyed the first episode. Even though I Remer it all, I haven't consumed the stuff since, so I guess there is a ton of background and behind the scenes I didn't know.
I think it's hilarious how hard Shapiro is playing Kardashian.

displacedinMN 02-06-2016 06:25 PM

It was good. Like how they had Cochran take a shot at Michael Jackson and his phobias.
Some details I had forgotten.

Yea, Travolta is creepy. But think about Shapiro. ICK!

I also like the stretch of blaming OJ for the Kardashian fame. He should rot for that too.

Easy 6 02-06-2016 06:46 PM

Probably wont watch this, but I do hope Cuba Gooding revives his career with it... even if he doesnt look anything like OJ Simpson.

DaneMcCloud 02-06-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12065281)
So this is all OJ's fault. ****ing bastard!

Yep, funny how things work, isn't it?

And man, when it was announced that OJ was a suspect and in custody, I thought "No way can OJ be guilty!".

I worked with a singer for a while in 1994 that worked in Bert Field's office in the mail room. He told me shortly after the murders that Bert had crime scene photos and that OJ essentially decapitated Nicole. There was but a little thread of skin left on her neck.

Obviously, Fields had to recuse himself from the case because by all accounts, OJ confessed to Fields and Fields wanted nothing to do with defending a murderer.