ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:04 AM

From the reports thus far, Reid seems like anything but a lock to be our next HC. With the list of candidates out there that really sucks as well.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9267568)
Interesting that Hunt is flying out to interview these people instead of bringing them into KC.

A house divided...

Mr. Laz 01-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Interesting that Hunt is flying out to interview these people instead of bringing them into KC.

c'mon ... make it about Pioli

you know you want to

Titty Meat 01-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Learned his lesson from Manning.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9267543)
The initial report from Peter King on Sunday night says it all:

Romeo being gone was a done deal but Pioli's status was uncertain.

Why?

Because PIOLI TOLD PETER KING that he was going to fire Romeo no matter what happened with himself. Pioli has been eyeing HC candidates for several weeks, no doubt about it.

Yep.

Sounds like these were interviews that Pioli set up before the end of the season.

Clark sends Pioli instead of cancelling outright, Pioli has ZERO power to do anything, explains why interview reportedly went poorly and Koetter signs an extension with ATL before Pioli's car leaves the parking lot.

The Franchise 01-02-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9267581)
c'mon ... make it about Pioli

you know you want to

Feel free to go **** yourself.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267577)
From the reports thus far, Reid seems like anything but a lock to be our next HC. With the list of candidates out there that really sucks as well.

1. Chip
2. Reid
3. O'Brien

After that, you may as well interview Haley to come back.

Ask him with a straight face if he thinks that he and Pioli could co-exist...then bust up laughing and say 'just shitting you - that **** is gone.'

Red Beans 01-02-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267584)
Yep.

Sounds like these were interviews that Pioli set up before the end of the season.

Clark sends Pioli instead of cancelling outright, Pioli has ZERO power to do anything, explains why interview reportedly went poorly and Koetter signs an extension with ATL before Pioli's car leaves the parking lot.

For some reason I envision Pioli riding the bus to the interview.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9267586)
1. Chip
2. Reid
3. O'Brien

After that, you may as well interview Haley to come back.

Ask him with a straight face if he thinks that he and Pioli could co-exist...then bust up laughing and say 'just shitting you - that **** is gone.'

I agree on CHIP my first choice as well, but I don't even think he's a candidate. Clark probably doesn't even know he exists.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267589)
I agree on CHIP my first choice as well, but I don't even think he's a candidate. Clark probably doesn't even know he exists.

:#

Lzen 01-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9267286)
Reid is no dummy. Stop and take a look at 'serious offers' before he goes to visit with the job he really wants. Drive up his price and maybe his conditions.

Hoping for the best as I like Reid but I think of him as a fairer skinned Romeo. Not sure we need that in KC right now. Something between players coach and Todd Haley would be most welcomed. A coach with NFL experience is also a must.

Perhaps you should stick to DC. You know jack and shit about NFL football.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9267587)
For some reason I envision Pioli riding the bus to the interview.

Clark "You go Greyhound muthaF**(ka!"

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9267567)
Not really, there are some nice players in there. Schwartz and Pinkston are good picks, Taylor's not a bad one either.

I'd say that is a slightly above average draft record. That said, refusing to give up his 2nd first rounder in a package to move up for RGIII and then using that same pick on Weeden is a pretty big strike.

In the end, I could not possibly care less if it means we're getting Reid in here. He'll do.

Schwartz and Pinkston are OK, I wouldn't call them "nice players." Agree to disagree on those two.

I had high hopes for Taylor, but he's been god-awful.

And yes, the RGIII debacle is a huge black mark.

DJ's left nut 01-02-2013 10:09 AM

Here's something to keep in mind - the interviewers could be huge here.

Look - say what we want about Clark Hunt, but he's still a very very dynamic personality. He's young, charismatic and engaging. He strikes a very favorable presence and if you're Andy Reid, you have to be excited about a guy that young with his energy.

Meanwhile, Bill Bidwell is widely regarded as one of the worst owners in NFL History. He's essentially the old man from Braveheart. He's a creaky old goat that could never command a room like Clark Hunt could.

That could be a pretty big element in our favor. Clark Hunt would be a much much more desirable guy to work for than Bill Bidwell.

Red Beans 01-02-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9267594)
Clark "You go Greyhound muthaF**(ka!"

I was thinking public transit from the airport. Either way I like to imagine him riding the bus with some other serious degenerates.