ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A ton of passing defense snaps, a ton of passing defense looks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276394)

Direckshun 09-17-2013 11:23 PM

A ton of passing defense snaps, a ton of passing defense looks.

I watched the 2nd half of the game tonight, and marked down the different looks Bob Sutton gave Romo every time he dropped back to pass the ball.

Forgive my shorthand:
  • 4-3: four down lineman (Hali/Poe/Bailey/Houston), Berry playing alongside DJ
  • 4-3: four down lineman (Jackson/Poe/DeVito/Hali), Houston rushes ,DJ holds at LOS
  • Base: three down lineman, eight players drop
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali & Houston rush
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali & Houston hold at LOS
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali rush, Houston drops four times
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali drops, Houston rush
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali rush, Houston drops, DJ holds at LOS
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali & Houston rush, DJ drops from the LOS at the snap
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali drops, Houston rush, DJ & Jordan drop from the LOS at the snap
  • Base: three down lineman, Hali rush, Houston drops, DJ & Jordan drop from the LOS at the snap three times
  • Nickel: three down lineman, Hali & Houston rush
  • Dime: poe + Jackson down, Hali rush, eight players drop
  • Dime: poe + Jackson down, Hali & Houston rush, Berry blitzes from ROLB
  • Dime: poe + bailey down, Hali rush, Houston holds at LOS, Berry playing alongside DJ
  • Dime: poe + Jackson + Hali down, Houston rush, DJ moves to blitz but peels off with RB
  • Dime: poe + bailey down, Hali drops, Houston rush, Berry blitzes from LB, Demps blitzes from 10 yards out
  • Dime: poe + Hali down, Houston drops, DJ delayed blitz, Abdullah playing at ILB, Demps blitzing from LOLB
  • Dime: poe + bailey down, Hali lined up as ILB, Houston rush, Berry blitzes from ROLB, Abdullah blitzes from slot
  • Dime: poe + Jackson down, Hali rush, Houston holds at LOS, Lewis blitzes from LOLB, DJ @ LOS at snap but drops
  • Dime: poe + jackson down, Hali & Houston rush, DJ moves to blitz but peels off with RB, Berry lined up right over TE
  • Dime: poe + bailey + Hali down, Houston rush, DJ moves to blitz but peels off with RB, Berry playing alongside DJ
  • Dime: poe + Bailey down, Hali drops, Houston & DJ drops from the LOS at the snap, Berry blitz from ROLB, Abdullah blitz from slot
  • 1-3-7 alignment: only poe down, Hali rushes, Houston drops, DJ drops from the LOS at the snap, Parker & Abdullah blitz from ROLB
Pretty crazy.

That is what you call a modern, complex defense.

Hammock Parties 09-17-2013 11:26 PM

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...romeodance.gif

crazycoffey 09-17-2013 11:31 PM

I like the diversity, but Houston needs to pin his ears back more

Simply Red 09-17-2013 11:35 PM

Poe is an Ox, I'm super fired up.

Rausch 09-17-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9989601)

He's not one dimensional like Hali.

He's an asset in coverage...

Dante84 09-17-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9989601)

Houston needs more rushes

Rausch 09-17-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9989622)
Houston needs more rushes

Charles needs more rushes...

Dante84 09-18-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9989628)
Charles needs more rushes...

Dontario needs more carries

Direckshun 09-18-2013 12:09 AM

This was supposed to be a late night bullshit thread.

I don't know if that was clear.

Rausch 09-18-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9989644)
Dontario needs more carries

Andy curious if you haz cheezburgerz...

RINGLEADER 09-18-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9989645)
This was supposed to be a late night bullshit thread.

I don't know if that was clear.

I'm not a defensive guru but watching the coaches film the Chiefs really seem to be running a hybrid 3-4/4-3, with Poe lining up at 3-tech as much as he does over center. Seems to work though.

keg in kc 09-18-2013 12:22 AM

I think I heard something last week about Poe lining up at every position on the line during the Jax game.

They're really mixing things up, and it's a benefit to have so many flexible (but good) guys to move around. Usually the flex guys are tweeners who don't really work at tackle or end.

Rausch 09-18-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9989655)
I'm not a defensive guru but watching the coaches film the Chiefs really seem to be running a hybrid 3-4/4-3, with Poe lining up at 3-tech as much as he does over center. Seems to work though.

The 3-4 (and our talent) allows unlimited ways to come at an offense.

Rausch 09-18-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9989657)
I think I heard something last week about Poe lining up at every position on the line during the Jax game.

They're really mixing things up, and it's a benefit to have so many flexible (but good) guys to move around. Usually the flex guys are tweeners who don't really work at tackle or end.

Imagine being a RT and having someone the size of Poe opposite you before the snap...

keg in kc 09-18-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9989660)
Imagine being a RT and having someone the size of Poe opposite you before the snap...

Big, strong and quick to the point of "wtf, how did he get by me".