ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Road Rage ends with instant karma (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282628)

htismaqe 03-28-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522751)
WHO CARES AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT BREAKING ANY LAWS YOU DONT HAVE TO LET THOSE PEOPLE PASS /detoxing

Go get another tattoo, drink some Monsters, and settle the **** down.

DaFace 03-28-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10522769)
My tractor tops out at 64. I drive under the speed limit in the passing lane all the time. Wtf am I supposed to do if someone is going slower than me?

Wait to pass them until you don't have someone going 10mph faster than you coming up in the left lane.

htismaqe 03-28-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10522760)
And you knew what speed they were going, huh?

I find it pretty hard to believe that a cop would pull someone over who was driving at the posted limit to allow others to break the law and endanger themselves.

They might have been driving UNDER the posted minimum. That's a pretty significant detail, though.

htismaqe 03-28-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522766)
Jesus Christ. Almost everyone drives above the speed limit, even cops. Most cops wont even pull you over on a highway unless you're going 10+ over and any judge would throw a 5 mph or under ticket out of court if you fought it. But I'm not arguing laws I'm talking about common road courtesy, something you clearly cannot comprehend.

Common courtesy, whether on the road, in a restaurant, or ANYWHERE, NEVER requires someone else to break the law for your benefit.

You don't understand the definition of "courtesy".

MTG#10 03-28-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10522769)
My tractor tops out at 64. I drive under the speed limit in the passing lane all the time. Wtf am I supposed to do if someone is going slower than me?

You pass them then get back in the right lane. Did you really need help with that?

MTG#10 03-28-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10522778)
Common courtesy, whether on the road, in a restaurant, or ANYWHERE, NEVER requires someone else to break the law for your benefit.

You don't understand the definition of "courtesy".

Getting over to the right lane to let someone pass isn't breaking the law.

You don't understand the definition of "law".

ModSocks 03-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522766)
Jesus Christ. Almost everyone drives above the speed limit, even cops. Most cops wont even pull you over unless you're going 10+ over and any judge would throw a 5 mph or under ticket out of court. But I'm not arguing laws, I'm talking about common road courtesy, something you clearly cannot comprehend.

Common road courtesy would be not to speed in the first place, something you clearly can't comprehend.

So what if everyone else is doing it. That doesn't mean the guy in front of you has to do it because YOU are too impatient to not drive the posted limit.

I know, i know, those assholes. How dare they prevent you from driving like a jackass whenever YOU feel like it. The road is yours and only yours, everyone should abide by your laws, not the laws of the state....makes total sense.

Again, i speed. I speed everyday. But i don't get mad or act like an idiot and tailgate because the car in front of me doesn't wanna play by MY rules.

KCUnited 03-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10522747)
If you're doing 10 over the limit then you're likely not the reason there is a line of cars behind you.

I see it quite a bit on my commute. I don't personally do more than 10 over and I'm constantly changing lanes to pass or let people pass me. I find that most people don't want to get over because they're afraid that they won't be able to get back in the left lane so they're content restricting the flow of traffic.

ModSocks 03-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522787)

Neither is staying in the lane that they're in, so long as they're driving at the posted limit.

BigMeatballDave 03-28-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10522773)
Wait to pass them until you don't have someone going 10mph faster than you coming up in the left lane.

LOL I'd never be able to pass if I did that.

ModSocks 03-28-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10522791)
I see it quite a bit on my commute. I don't personally do more than 10 over and I'm constantly changing lanes to pass or let people pass me. I find that most people don't want to get over because they're afraid that they won't be able to get back in the left lane so they're content restricting the flow of traffic.

That simply sounds like traffic. You got out of their way, great, they're just going to get stalled up by the next car in front of them though.

MTG#10 03-28-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10522789)

So what if everyone else is doing it. That doesn't mean the guy in front of you has to do it because YOU are too impatient to not drive the posted limit.

Im not saying you should speed up if someone behind you is speeding Im saying you should get the hell out of the left lane. Am I speaking Chinese?

htismaqe 03-28-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522787)

If there's a truck in the right lane going 62 and I'm going 65mph (the posted speed limit), I would have to SPEED in order to finish passing him and let you by.

I realize that you're too busy raging to actually read the posts and watch the video...

htismaqe 03-28-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10522810)
Im not saying you should speed up if someone behind you is speeding Im saying you should get the hell out of the left lane. Am I speaking Chinese?

THERE'S A FLATBED TRUCK IN THE RIGHT LANE.

Predarat 03-28-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10522760)
And you knew what speed they were going, huh?

I find it pretty hard to believe that a cop would pull someone over who was driving at the posted limit to allow others to break the law and endanger themselves.

I don't know the exact speed they were going, but judging by my speedometer they were going at the speed limit, or close to it.