ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jaguars fans will demand Tim Tebow at 3:16 p.m. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276332)

thabear04 09-16-2013 12:51 PM

Jaguars fans will demand Tim Tebow at 3:16 p.m.

A group of Jacksonville Jaguars fans will convene at EverBank Field at 3:16 p.m. on Monday for a three hour, 16 minute rally to encourage the team to sign Tim Tebow. The start time and rally length are a presumed nod to Tebow’s favored Bible verse, “John 3:16,” but, who knows, it could also be a reference to his anticipated quarterback rating if he ends up getting signed.

The 0-2 Jaguars scored 11 total points in their first two games with quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. This poor start, coupled with a healthy dose of delusion, is enough to make some fans think Tebow is their franchise savior.

“Love him or hate him [...] Tim Tebow behind center in a Jacksonville Jaguar uniform would change everything,” the awkwardly-named group “Jags-Tebow, Why Not” writes on Facebook.

Yes, it would change everything. For starters, it’d make fans wistful for the Blaine Gabbert era.

Tebow is a state hero from his high school and college days in Florida. He was cut by the New England Patriots at the end of training camp. Since then, he’s fielded offers from Kiss’s Arena League franchise and a football team in Russia, but has had little interest from NFL teams, including the Jags.

Though it’s telling that the two people from the photo above feel compelled to cover their faces while advocating for a Tebow signing, their “Why Not?” slogan raises a decent question. Seriously, what do the Jags have to lose by signing Tebow? They’ll sell some more tickets, will get some national media attention and won’t force television stations to apologize for airing their games. It’s victory all around, excepting for the games Tebow would play, of course.

Graystoke 09-16-2013 12:53 PM

QUICK...SOMEBODY CALL ESPN!

gblowfish 09-16-2013 12:54 PM

Seriously, I think it would be a good move for Jax. Gabbert just flat out sucks, Tebow would generate gate, why not try it?

Frazod 09-16-2013 12:55 PM

It amazes me that they haven't signed him yet. While I'd take death over him or Gabbert, if death wasn't an option, I'd take Tebow.

MahiMike 09-16-2013 12:57 PM

I'm here at the rally. Giving them tips on how to fly a banner...

Stay tuned.

FlaChief58 09-16-2013 12:58 PM

If nothing else, it'll put asses in the seats.

Rasputin 09-16-2013 01:02 PM

They need their prodigal son to return to Florida.

FlaChief58 09-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9984172)
It amazes me that they haven't signed him yet.

If you were their GM or HC, would you put your ass on the line for a TE who thinks he's a QB? The only way Teblow get's picked up by any team is if the owner of said team wants him and orders his GM to bring him in. The only reason any owner would want him is to put asses in the stands. Since the sheik passed on him this off season, I have to assume he's not interested

ptlyon 09-16-2013 01:10 PM

Glad he want on their roster when we played them. He has a playoff victory.

FlaChief58 09-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9984220)
Glad he want on their roster when we played them. He has a playoff victory.

:facepalm:

saphojunkie 09-16-2013 01:13 PM

This is the only thing standing in the way between Tebow and retirement. For the love of all that is decent, please Jacksonville... sign him. Once he completely shits the bed that he grew up in, no other team will ever be desperate enough to even nod hello to his agents in public. And we will finally be rid of this trash.

Until Manziel comes in and has the same career...

Frazod 09-16-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9984209)
If you were their GM or HC, would you put your ass on the line for a TE who thinks he's a QB? The only way Teblow get's picked up by any team is if the owner of said team wants him and orders his GM to bring him in. The only reason any owner would want him is to put asses in the stands. Since the sheik passed on him this off season, I have to assume he's not interested

He already dropped a No. 12 pick on a QB that isn't anything but tall. How can you get any worse than that?

MMXcalibur 09-16-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 9984165)
QUICK...SOMEBODY CALL ESPN!

Too late, they were all over it.
Shit, they probably started it.

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2013 01:37 PM

Opposing teams still favor Austin 3:16 which says "I just whipped your ass!"

RealSNR 09-16-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9984209)

It's Jacksonville. Did you see how pitiful that stadium was a week ago?

If Tebow means asses in the seats, at least that's SOMETHING.