ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cosmic's Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139222)

CosmicPal 04-19-2006 02:25 PM

Cosmic's Mock Draft

FIRST ROUND

Chiefs trade down w/Chicago. Chicago gives up this year's first and third to KC.

KC picks Tamba Hali - DE - Penn St

SECOND ROUND

Pat Watkins - S - Florida St.

THIRD ROUND

Jason Avant - WR - Michigan

(From Chicago) Devin Hester - CB - Miami

FOURTH ROUND

No picks

FIFTH ROUND

Mike Setterstrom - OG - Miami

SIXTH ROUND

Johnny Jolly - DT - Texas A & M

Darrell Hunter - CB - Miami-Ohio

SEVENTH ROUND

Cedric Humes - RB - Virginia Tech

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2006 03:25 PM

sounds about right

htismaqe 04-19-2006 03:29 PM

Looks pretty good to me.

Mecca 04-19-2006 03:59 PM

How does this look good.........Trading down taking Hali fine. The rest of the first day looks like crap to me. I'm not a big fan of Watkins I think he's more a 3rd round value. Jason Avant is far to slow and Devin Hester is a CB in only the name, he has about 0 ability to play that position. The only thing he's good at is returning kicks.

htismaqe 04-20-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
How does this look good.........Trading down taking Hali fine. The rest of the first day looks like crap to me. I'm not a big fan of Watkins I think he's more a 3rd round value. Jason Avant is far to slow and Devin Hester is a CB in only the name, he has about 0 ability to play that position. The only thing he's good at is returning kicks.

I personally like Watkins, and while it may be a tad bit of a reach, he's an upgrade over Wesley.

The concerns about Avant's speed are bogus, IMO. I've watched him play probably 12 games over the last 2 years and the guy gives us something we don't have now - a bonafide possession WR. We already have speed at the WR position to stretch the field.

I think Setterstrom in the 5th could be a very good pick.

Mr. Kotter 04-20-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

OK, Mecca....where's yours?

Mecca 04-20-2006 04:32 PM

I'll do the first 3 rounds.........that's alot of guessing the 2nd day is really stringing out.

1-Antonio Cromartie
2-Kiwanuka/Daryl Tapp
3-Gregg Blue

I'd like the first day to look like that.

Mecca 04-20-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I personally like Watkins, and while it may be a tad bit of a reach, he's an upgrade over Wesley.

The concerns about Avant's speed are bogus, IMO. I've watched him play probably 12 games over the last 2 years and the guy gives us something we don't have now - a bonafide possession WR. We already have speed at the WR position to stretch the field.

I think Setterstrom in the 5th could be a very good pick.

I don't think Avant will ever get seperation in the NFL, hence making him not good at much of anything.

Mr. Kotter 04-20-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

I don't think Avant will ever get seperation in the NFL, hence making him not good at much of anything.

He isn't a #1 WR, but as a possession guy or a number #2 he will be fine. Especially if teams can't use man against us as much, because of LJ and Gonzo. I think we are precisely the type of team he could do well for.

CosmicPal 04-20-2006 05:43 PM

Without a trade, I'd be happy with this draft too:

20. Tye Hill - CB - Clemson
54. Demetrius Williams - WR - Oregon
85. Charlie Whitehurst - QB - Clemson
154. Greg Blue - S/OLB - Georgia
186. Mark Setterstrom - G - Miami
190. Johnny Jolly - DT - Texas A&M
228. Tony McDaniel - DT - Tennessee

Mecca 04-20-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
He isn't a #1 WR, but as a possession guy or a number #2 he will be fine. Especially if teams can't use man against us as much, because of LJ and Gonzo. I think we are precisely the type of team he could do well for.

How's he going to get seperation........there are LB's and DE's with faster times.........

htismaqe 04-21-2006 08:02 AM

Quote:

How's he going to get seperation........there are LB's and DE's with faster times.........

Are you serious?

Lurch 04-21-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Are you serious?

He must be a youngster. Give him a break...

Quote:

Not very damn many. What three or four? In the entire Conference? And they are reacting....