ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peter Kings take on Pioli... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268583)

Chief Gump 01-07-2013 09:38 AM

Peter Kings take on Pioli...

Quote:

My Take on Pioli ...

Yes, it was inevitable that the Chiefs fired Scott Pioli, whose top three decisions in a four-year Chiefs run (hiring Todd Haley, trading for Matt Cassel, hiring Romeo Crennel) all turned out to be wrong. He trusted Cassel a long time, and by the time he knew he needed to get a quarterback, it was too late. He passed on some good prospects, as did many teams (Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson); maybe he didn't think outside the box enough at the game's most important position.

And Pioli was too private for his own good in what has become an increasingly public job. When Haley last year implied that Pioli wiretapped his phones, an outrageous and baseless allegation, Pioli let a team statement stand for his response instead of coming out swinging. But the vitriol chasing him out the door was over the top. He's a good man who didn't win enough. The personal attacks I just don't get.

I know Pioli well, and many of you will say, "He's just sticking up for Pioli because he likes him." Well, I have known Pioli for a long time, and yes, I do like him. I like a lot of people I cover. I can see when a man's getting kicked too much, and this is one of those times. Final point for those who believe Pioli left the cupboard bare: Think there's a reason the hottest ex-head coach on the market, Andy Reid, didn't consider any other jobs after he was offered the Kansas City deal?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2HIuxlaaT
Andy Reid took the job because he has the top pick in the draft and will have tons of cap room as soon as he drops Cassel and Jackson. He took it because the Chiefs have an awesome running back who fits his scheme and was here before Pioli ever thought of stepping foot around here. Houston is the only pick Pioli can really take credit for for hitting an out of the park type of player. Berry is the only other player he drafted that has been better then average and he was a 5th pick in the draft. Who would have ****ed that pick up? **** Pioli.

Rausch 01-07-2013 09:39 AM

King-Sized Peter is a joke...

Imon Yourside 01-07-2013 09:40 AM

Too much Killer and no Clown, meh.

siberian khatru 01-07-2013 09:40 AM

OK, enough with the "Team-Killer" stuff. It's making it impossible to read stories.

TinyEvel 01-07-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9291427)
OK, enough with the "Team-Killer" stuff. It's making it impossible to read stories.

THIS THIS THIS

siberian khatru 01-07-2013 09:41 AM

Oh, and GFY, Peter King.

Chief Roundup 01-07-2013 09:42 AM

It is time for the team killer shit to go away.

Agent V 01-07-2013 09:42 AM

Funny how King is the only one coming to his defense.

Chief Gump 01-07-2013 09:42 AM

I didn't even notice all that Team Killer crap till after I posted. LMAO

Easy 6 01-07-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9291427)

THIS

Buehler445 01-07-2013 09:45 AM

**** that noise. He was a complete and total assbag here. Pissoli took over a ****ing shit ass franchise. ****ing shit. And somehow, not sure how, left the goddamn thing worse than when he got here. That is a monumental task.

The failure is one thing, but the tremendous ****baggery that he carried on about here with was really something. There was enough smoke around for there to be fire. **** this shit King. Just let sleeping dogs lie. Everybody here is excited about Reid, nobody else in the NFL gives two ****s about Pissoli. Just let it lie buddy.

TEX 01-07-2013 09:45 AM

But...but...but...THE RAMS! (EVERYTHING GOOD ALL THE TIME)

KCFalcon59 01-07-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9291433)
Oh, and GFY, Peter King.

And This!!!

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 09:46 AM

yeah, fans are the assholes...not the worst gm in the league who stole $30 million

king sucks more pioli yam than matt cassel

TEX 01-07-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9291444)
**** that noise. He was a complete and total assbag here. Pissoli took over a ****ing shit ass franchise. ****ing shit. And somehow, not sure how, left the goddamn thing worse than when he got here. That is a monumental task.

The failure is one thing, but the tremendous ****baggery that he carried on about here with was really something. There was enough smoke around for there to be fire. **** this shit King. Just let sleeping dogs lie. Everybody here is excited about Reid, nobody else in the NFL gives two ****s about Pissoli. Just let it lie buddy.

:clap: Exactly this.
Just like to add that King doesn't know what he doesn't know concerning Pioli in KC. He needs to STFU.