ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

notorious 11-27-2012 08:42 AM

Someone should set off an EMP over 610.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9156155)
Its almost if alot of analysts and fans attitude is "If if nots Elway, Manning, or Luck, then dont draft a QB"

that's exactly what it is

which is just another version of "oh no, it risky!"

people will spend another first round pick on our front 7...but a QB is risky

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156162)
and now it is a fact, "there is no luck or RG3"....over and over and over...

i hate this franchise and media and fanbase with the power of 50000000lbs of cheese

This fanbase has been abused for so long, they're overly cautious.

Never fear, WHB guys have it right - they'll take a QB because they simply can't do anything else. They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

No one knows for sure there's no luck or RG3! Ya no shit those QBs are once in a lifetime QBs. All these so called experts can lick a goat ass. Ill take the top QB overall and let's do this

notorious 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156170)
They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

The fanbase has been calling in saying we should draft defense.

I am starting to believe we are in the minority.

Deberg_1990 11-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156164)
Bledsoe and Collins both played in Super Bowls.

I'm just sayin'.

oh yea i know.....i meant that they are not Hall of Famers. Just Hall of Very Good or Hall of Solid. : )

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156170)
This fanbase has been abused for so long, they're overly cautious.

Never fear, WHB guys have it right - they'll take a QB because they simply can't do anything else. They HAVE to take a QB or risk fracturing the fanbase in a way that is irreparable.

this fanbase is just dumb

we haven't drafted a first round QB in anyone's lifetime..there is nothing to be afraid of...there is no ryan leaf in our history

we've drafted other positions over and over and over, most of them failures and yet no one thinks it is risky

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9156174)
The fanbase has been calling in saying we should draft defense.

I am starting to believe we are in the minority.

Very, very small sample size and only on one station.

Yesterday afternoon on the final hour of the program, they took calls and it was almost 3:1 in favor of the "take a QB or else" crowd.

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Considering the new rookie pay scale drafting a bust QB (or any other position, say 5 tech DL from LSU) is less of a risk than before.

But I fear that the Chiefs' fanbase has been so brainwashed with the "a QB in the first round is too risky" line that we can never really get it back on track. Unless we clean house and start over with a new GM, HC and coaching staff.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9156173)
No one knows for sure there's no luck or RG3! Ya no shit those QBs are once in a lifetime QBs. All these so called experts can lick a goat ass. Ill take the top QB overall and let's do this

The thing is:

This time LAST YEAR there was NO RG3.

RG3 wasn't a "sure thing" until the couple of weeks leading up to the draft, after the Redskins moved up.

During the season last year, when things REALLY count, there was as many questions about RG3 as there are about Geno Smith.

notorious 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156180)
Very, very small sample size and only on one station.

Yesterday afternoon on the final hour of the program, they took calls and it was almost 3:1 in favor of the "take a QB or else" crowd.

I just figured it out: Only the mouthbreathers listen to this POS's show.

Makes sense.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156142)
and now 610 is on the 'draft a LB' first and sign alex smith

jesus...30 ****ING YEARS AND YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING

It's the ****ing curse of Todd Blackledge and stupid True Chiefs Fans. ****ing Carl Petersons fault.:cuss:

Molitoth 11-27-2012 08:49 AM

Shawn Zobel is a fucking moron.

Draft a DL?
Trade for Alex Smith because he's a game manager?

douche.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9156184)
Considering the new rookie pay scale drafting a bust QB (or any other position, say 5 tech DL from LSU) is less of a risk than before.

But I fear that the Chiefs' fanbase has been so brainwashed with the "a QB in the first round is too risky" line that we can never really get it back on track. Unless we clean house and start over with a new GM, HC and coaching staff.

They're going to win AT MOST 2 games. There's almost no chance the current staff is retained.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156185)
The thing is:

This time LAST YEAR there was NO RG3.

RG3 wasn't a "sure thing" until the couple of weeks leading up to the draft, after the Redskins moved up.

During the season last year, when things REALLY count, there was as many questions about RG3 as there are about Geno Smith.

and most people thought washington was crazy for trading those picks...