ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life If 2pac, Kurt Cobain, Selena were still alive today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315845)

Daru 06-16-2018 06:20 PM

If 2pac, Kurt Cobain, Selena were still alive today

Culture question because the culture today displays me as very sad, I don't like what I see in music.

I love 2pac and Selena. Kurt Cobain had great songs yes.

If they were still alive how massive big do you see they would be now? Would current culture love them like we did or is current culture stuck to garbage??

Can't wait for chiefs season, strike against all we will rise with Mahomes!!! Yes! Destruction to all teams in our path!!

Simply Red 06-16-2018 06:21 PM

1st

TimBone 06-16-2018 06:22 PM

They would likely have fallen off like most artists do.

Simply Red 06-16-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daru (Post 13595725)
Culture question because the culture today displays me as very sad, I don't like what I see in music.

I love 2pac and Selena. Kurt Cobain had great songs yes.

If they were still alive how massive big do you see they would be now? Would current culture love them like we did or is current culture stuck to garbage??

Can't wait for chiefs season, strike against all we will rise with Mahomes!!! Yes! Destruction to all teams in our path!!

You're basically favorite poster of mine.

Buehler445 06-16-2018 06:23 PM

Cobain would have flamed out as grunge went away.

Selena probably would have sold out and would be a Latin Taylor Swift.

2 Pac would probably have a “meh” studio like Puff Daddy.

GloucesterChief 06-16-2018 06:26 PM

I could see Nirvana still around if Cobain let Grohl take more of the song writing duties. Then again Grohl could of left to do Foo Fighters anyway.

Eleazar 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

Cobain would have overdosed eventually I'm sure. Who knows about the other two.

displacedinMN 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

I still never would have paid money to listen to them.

Baby Lee 06-16-2018 06:27 PM

Selena would probaby be around the same profile as Kelly Clarkson if she stayed prolific. She'd probably have taken a turn or two on the talent shows like J-Lo and KPerry have.

Kurt probably would have mellowed. Maybe he and Grohl would have morphed into something Foo-like, or maybe he and Grohl would have been a new version of Lennon/McCartney. Grohl more straightforward pop and Kurt more political and personal in his music.

2-pac would probably have long been an actor instead of a rapper.

Al Bundy 06-16-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13595732)
Cobain would have flamed out as grunge went away.

Selena probably would have sold out and would be a Latin Taylor Swift.

2 Pac would probably have a “meh” studio like Puff Daddy.

I don't know... I think Pac would be just like Nas. Or he would be an actor making movies.

PunkinDrublic 06-16-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13595739)
Selena would probaby be around the same profile as Kelly Clarkson if she stayed prolific. She'd probably have taken a turn or two on the talent shows like J-Lo and KPerry have.

Kurt probably would have mellowed. Maybe he and Grohl would have morphed into something Foo-like, or maybe he and Grohl would have been a new version of Lennon/McCartney. Grohl more straightforward pop and Kurt more political and personal in his music.

2-pac would probably have long been an actor instead of a rapper.

I think Kurt would put Nirvana on hiatus for awhile and would have done some bluesy solo albums.

banecat 06-16-2018 06:39 PM

Cobain should've gone into film making, or become an artist in another field. He was too soft and too jaded before he became big. Pac should've focused on acting and got out of that biz at that dangerous point. I don't know enough about Selena.

I just watched the movie about her starring JLo and her giant ass. I couldn't tell ya what that movie was about after staring at that ass for ninety minutes straight. JLo probably did a great job, but her gigantically beautiful ass should keep her from portraying a real life character in that case or again

DaNewGuy 06-16-2018 06:43 PM

I read cobain was wanted to take a different route with the music, the band was close to splitting up before he died, Grohl was pretty much on n his way out from what I read.

GloucesterChief 06-16-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13595769)
I read cobain was wanted to take a different route with the music, the band was close to splitting up before he died, Grohl was pretty much on n his way out from what I read.

IIRC Grohl says that he played some of his written music to Cobain and Kurt said he liked it. It was a couples weeks before Kurt took his own life, so who knows if Grohl would of started writing Nirvana songs.

wazu 06-16-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13595731)
You're basically favorite poster of mine.

Hey WTF?!