ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What college coaches or NFL coaches are available for Chiefs HC job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264521)

Mojo Jojo 10-01-2012 04:43 PM

Until Scott is gone what "real" coach would want to come to KC? Even players don't want to be here.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 8967848)
Until Scott is gone what "real" coach would want to come to KC? Even players don't want to be here.

I don't believe that... Yall need to go Young with a coach

htismaqe 10-01-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967874)
I don't believe that... Yall need to go Young with a coach

Of course you want to keep Pioli in KC.

With him here, the Raiders actually have competition for title of "worst team in the West".

Saccopoo 10-01-2012 05:04 PM

Marc Ross for GM.
- Current Director of Scouting for NY Giants. 39 years old. Princeton graduate who set numerous records as a wide receiver.

Eliot Wolf for Director of Scouting/Personnel.
- Current Director of Pro Personnel for Green Bay Packers. Youngest Dir of Pro in NFL.

Dana Holgorsen for Head Coach.
- Current Head Coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers. One of, if not the, most innovative offensive minds in football at any level. Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator, who took the Cowboys from #67 to #1 in offense in a single season.

Dick Bumpas for Defensive Coordinator
- Current Defensive Coordinator for the TCU Hornfrogs since 2005 after they finished #99 in total defense in 2004. In 2008, 2009 and 2010, the Hornfrogs were the #1 Defense in college football.

You want the best of the best, the most innovative, forward thinking minds in football right now? There you go.

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8967937)
Marc Ross for GM.
- Current Director of Scouting for NY Giants. 39 years old.

- Current Director of Pro Personnel for Green Bay Packers. Youngest Dir of Pro in NFL.

- Current Head Coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers. One of the most, if not the, innovative offensive minds in football at any level. Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator, who took the Cowboys from #67 to #1 in offense in a single season.

- Current Defensive Coordinator for the TCU Hornfrogs since 2005 after they finished #99 in total defense in 2004. In 2008, 2009 and 2010, the Hornfrogs have been the #1 Defense in college football.

You want the best of the best, the most innovative minds in football right now? There you go.

No ****ing way would I hire Holgersen. And if you're looking at college defensive coordinators (which I would not), I'd hire Manny Diaz before anyone else.

Eliot Wolf wouldn't make a lateral move, so that's just silly. As far as Ross is concerned, my biggest fear with him would be head coaching hire. I don't care for Fewell and would puke if he hired Spagnoulo.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Marc Ross for GM.
- Current Director of Scouting for NY Giants. 39 years old. Princeton graduate who set numerous records as a wide receiver.

- Current Head Coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers. One of, if not the, most innovative offensive minds in football at any level. Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator, who took the Cowboys from #67 to #1 in offense in a single season.

- Current Defensive Coordinator for the TCU Hornfrogs since 2005 after they finished #99 in total defense in 2004. In 2008, 2009 and 2010, the Hornfrogs were the #1 Defense in college football.

You want the best of the best, the most innovative, forward thinking minds in football right now? There you go.

I'd be fine with this. (I'd also be fine with Diaz instead of Bumpas, but Bumpas may actually be better right now, so no complaints there)

My obscure pick for coach... Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald.

CaliforniaChief 10-01-2012 05:16 PM

On Sunday night, Cris Colinsworth made an interesting point about who makes good head coaches. Pointing at John Harbaugh, he mentioned that hiring a ST coach makes sense because they have a broader grasp on the talent on the roster. I would add to that the fact that it seems like hiring a "defensive" coach or "offensive" coach just brings a lack of balance.

That said, who are some of the bright ST coaches out there? DeCamellis?

I'll say this about the Chin: He's not my favorite, but if anyone understands the core aspects of "The Chiefs Way" (dominant at Arrowhead, intimidating defense), it's him.

I still like Rob Ryan, Jay Gruden, and David Shaw. Other than that, I'm open.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 05:19 PM

What about Shottenheimers boy?

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Marc Ross for GM.

You know what your post reminded me about?

The Chiefs still don't have a freaking College Scouting Director to replace Emery.

This organization is a disaster zone. You can't help but wonder if that spot's vacant because nobody wants it.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8967983)
What about Shottenheimers boy?

lol no

DeezNutz 10-01-2012 05:19 PM

I tossed out The Chin's name because Clark is going to want to get a "known commodity" after the epic fail of Pioli.

Saccopoo 10-01-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8967984)
You know what your post reminded me about?

The Chiefs still don't have a freaking College Scouting Director to replace Emery.

This organization is a disaster zone. You can't help but wonder if that spot's vacant because nobody wants it.

I know. That's ****ing tragic. Embarrassing. Apparently no one wants to work with Pioli, and as we saw in 2009, Pioli doesn't know jack shit about the college game anyway - when it was supposedly his specialty in New England.

chiefzilla1501 10-01-2012 05:24 PM

Sometimes we pay too much attention to X's and O's. Really what you're looking for are guys who know how to motivate a team. Rex Ryan is a classic example. Unbelievable with X's and O's. Terrible motivator. Mike McCarthy and John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin -- pretty average track records before head coaching. They're all terrific coaches.

acesn8s 10-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8967943)
No ****ing way would I hire Holgersen. And if you're looking at college defensive coordinators (which I would not), I'd hire Manny Diaz before anyone else.

Eliot Wolf wouldn't make a lateral move, so that's just silly. As far as Ross is concerned, my biggest fear with him would be head coaching hire. I don't care for Fewell and would puke if he hired Spagnoulo.

If you don't like the choices then they must be the right ones.

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 05:27 PM

Lane Kiffen