ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark is on 610 right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268760)

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 10:21 AM

you mean Clark/Andy aren't as sure ATM of which QB to take as all of us 9 - 5 stiffs??

well damn. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the fact these men are charged with the task and if they **** it up they will get skewered by said 9 - 5ers :D

I think it's smart of them to take time on this decision. And, I agree -- there are no clear cuts in this QB draft. I like Geno, Glennon and a few others, but given the choice, I'd want to spend a month or two watching all the film on them and meeting with their coaches, eventually meet the players and then I would make a selection.

KCUnited 01-11-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9305310)
It's true though. You can't get people to give you a solid answer as to who the best QB in the draft is. CP has decided, but not the NFL, or draft experts. This doesn't mean, no QB, it means there's no Andrew Luck, which is true.

You can't get people to give you a solid answer on who is worth the #1 pick in this draft regardless of position.

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2013 10:22 AM

Seriously do you think Clark Hunt watches college games? Do you think hes aware of anything other than the most popular well known players in this coming draft?? LMAO what a joke.

Hoover 01-11-2013 10:23 AM

I want them to evaluate all the QBs in the draft. You also have to realize that they are not just going to come out and say Matt Cassel is dog $hit and we are going to take Geno Smith with the 1st pick.

Chiefshrink 01-11-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9305237)
Oh ****, all kidding aside, Clark says no clear cut quarterback to take at 1. :facepalm: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hey when you have the owner coming out and saying this it does 2 things:

1. Begins to prepare the fans emotionally for whoever they pick at 1.

2. Begins the Poker play with the rest of the league.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 10:27 AM

Why would ANY owner come out now and say they are taking a QB #1?

BigRock 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9305320)
just brilliant radio

"if you draft a QB, you're more likely to get fired"

which is why Chiefs coaches don't get fired....right, romeo?

the QB makes people in kansas city ****ing reeruned

It's crazy. Next thing you know, people will be going Chicken Little because of something Clark said about the draft in January before he's hired a GM.

Chiefshrink 01-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9305352)
Seriously do you think Clark Hunt watches college games? Do you think hes aware of anything other than the most popular well known players in this coming draft?? LMAO what a joke.

Precisely my point.

Smoke screen poker play with the league and the fans.

FloridaMan88 01-11-2013 10:30 AM

Where is John Dorsey.

That is all I care about right now.

Anyone who thinks that the Chiefs are going to tell their legit draft strategy at his point is a dumbshit.

HolyHat 01-11-2013 10:30 AM

Clark floped the nuts and hes slow rollin the shit out of the table. Geno baby!!

HolyHat 01-11-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9305389)
Where is John Dorsey.

That is all I care about right now.

Anyone who thinks that the Chiefs are going to tell their legit draft strategy at his point is a dumbshit.

He's coming brother, stay calm. Contract details getting ironed out.

Rasputin 01-11-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9305358)
I want them to evaluate all the QBs in the draft. You also have to realize that they are not just going to come out and say Matt Cassel is dog $hit and we are going to take Geno Smith with the 1st pick.

Clark Hunt is very aware of the shitty QB play we had, he doesn't have to say it. He did mention we need better QB play was a big deal. It sounds priority #1. Hope they pick Geno is all I can hope & I'd be happy with Tyler Wilson little less happy with Barkley but still be happy.

I cannot wait untill the Todd Blackledge curse is lifted.

Damn You Carl Peterson :cuss:

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9305374)
Why would ANY owner come out now and say they are taking a QB #1?

because they actually wanted to trade down...

you sure as hell wouldn't advertise your willingness to trade down, if you actually wanted to maximize value from a trade down...

since Clark is - by unanimous consent - sending messages...

okcchief 01-11-2013 10:33 AM

Pretty much everyone is saying there is no clear cut QB to take at 1. This isn't news. If Geno or whoever impress enough at the combine they will be the 1 pick. If not, they will get one in round 2 or make a trade. It may not be the guy you want, but with the staff we are putting together I like the chances of it working. I want the number 1 pick to be a QB, but at this point I trust them to make the right moves. No matter what we aren't playing for a SuperBowl next year so you have to show some patience or go root for a team that has all the pieces in place, and save yourself the aggravation.

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 10:35 AM

how's this for a stat...from someone on 810

of Ted Thompson's last 76 draft picks, only 1 is not in the nfl...

let's get Dorsey in here