ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Official Inaguration day thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269144)

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 10:53 AM

I know he was "officially" sworn in yesterday as per the constitution but didn't they just screw it up again?

Deberg_1990 01-21-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338761)
you think Obama is the only one to do this?

Did you not read my entire statement? I said its not just Obama.

Some of it is paid with private donations, but not all.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 11:06 AM

"We, the people, still believe that enduring security and lasting peace do not require perpetual war." —President Obama

"We do not believe that in this country, freedom is reserved for the lucky, or happiness for the few"

"The commitments we make to each other - social security, Medicare - they do not sap our nation, they make us stronger."

mlyonsd 01-21-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9338799)
Probably have to look it up to verify, but I'm pretty sure the former presidents always attend unless there is a health issue.

Yeah you might want to look it up because you and BRC are sounding pretty petty.

Iowanian 01-21-2013 11:08 AM

What time will the Military be parading past Dear Leader?

Fine, Fine use of taxpayer money. Probably extra cheap paying all of those local, state and federal employees to work all day on a paid holiday.

Iowanian 01-21-2013 11:10 AM

It is NOT all paid for by private donations...maybe the Shrimp for the party....but this will cost taxpayers $100mil

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338761)
uhhhh its all paid for with private donations. And every President does this, not just Obama. Don't get the reference here? You think Obama is the only one to do this?

But the sentiment is what I allured to in my OP. Americans just don't like pomp and circumstance, never have. Probably because the Brits were so full of it and we were going to be different.

stevieray 01-21-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338853)

"We do not believe that in this country, freedom is reserved for the lucky, or happiness for the few"

LMAO

LiveSteam 01-21-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338853)
"We, the people, still believe that enduring security and lasting peace do not require perpetual war." —President Obama

"The commitments we make to each other - social security, Medicare - they do not sap our nation, they make us stronger."

:spock: Change this from spock to ball washers please

Iowanian 01-21-2013 11:12 AM

In this country, we believe that Gun owners should capitulate to my wishes......and tax payers should be happy for the amount of my money I allow them to keep.....

mlyonsd 01-21-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9338773)
no taxpayer money is spent. But please rag on about the over spending President.:doh!:

ROFL Holy shit.

cosmo20002 01-21-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9338857)
Yeah you might want to look it up because you and BRC are sounding pretty petty.

I don't blame the guy for not wanting to show his face. He didn't show up at the R convention either, although they may have told him to stay away.

How am I being petty? As a former president, W holds a prestigious place in US history and it seems petty not to show up at an inauguration. He should do so simply out of tradition and respect for the office.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 11:16 AM

"For if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

"We must be a source of hope for the poor, the sick, the marginalized, the victims of prejudice"

"Our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers, and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts"

"Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law...

The blood pressure of R's just went up.

Iowanian 01-21-2013 11:16 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=18252790

How much will all the inaugural events cost? It's hard to say.

While most events that occur in the capital have a hard-and-fast budget, the inauguration's many moving parts, safety concerns and large geographic reach make it hard to quantify – especially before the main event.

In 2009, ABC reported the total cost of Obama's first inauguration was $170 million. While incumbent presidents historically spend less on a second inauguration, it's unclear what the total bill will be this time around. Analysis of some of the known appropriations so far puts the total at $13.637 million, but it will no doubt be a much larger price tag when everything is accounted for.

Iowanian 01-21-2013 11:17 AM

It's amazing that BRC can beat off and post a play by play at the same time. Must have an audio-text app.

Very impressive.

BigRedChief 01-21-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9338876)
I don't blame the guy for not wanting to show his face. He didn't show up at the R convention either, although they may have told him to stay away.

How am I being petty? As a former president, W holds a prestigious place in US history and it seems petty not to show up at an inauguration. He should do so simply out of tradition and respect for the office.

One of the talking heads said he was taking care of his sick dad.

Sorry but thats BS. He's not by his bedside 24 hours a day. Jeb could have been at Dad's bedside for a 1/2 day while George W. showed up like all past presidents.