ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Law, Surtan, Johnson, Rolle will at least one be a Chief? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109499)

BigRedChief 02-02-2005 11:46 AM

Law, Surtan, Johnson, Rolle will at least one be a Chief?

So we have Surtan and Law supposely going to be available for the Chiefs to possibly pick up.

Most mocks have either Derrick Johnson out of Texas or the CB out of Miami (Rolle) falling to us at the #15 pick.

My questions to the Planet.

Do you think King Carl will pull the trigger and make a deal to bring in one of these players to help our defense?

Nightfyre 02-02-2005 12:27 PM

Probably will get the one that is most expensive and does the least.... Woodson.

Mr. Laz 02-02-2005 12:35 PM

i seriously doubt he will pick up anyone of note

think:

CB Tyrone Williams and LB Brandon Moore in FA

and

OT Jammal Brown and FS Brodney Pool in the first 2 rds of the Draft

siberian khatru 02-02-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
i seriously doubt he will pick up anyone of note

think:

CB Tyrone Williams and LB Brandon Moore in FA

and

OT Jammal Brown and FS Brodney Pool in the first 2 rds of the Draft

I don't know whether to ROFL or :deevee:

chiefz 02-02-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
So we have Surtan and Law supposely going to be available for the Chiefs to possibly pick up.

Most mocks have either Derrick Johnson out of Texas or the CB out of Miami (Rolle) falling to us at the #15 pick.

My questions to the Planet.

Do you think King Carl will pull the trigger and make a deal to bring in one of these players to help our defense?

Personally I think Surtain will be part of the deal that brings Edgerrin James to Miami, Law could be a possibility but his age and the size of the contract is certainly a turn off.

I think it is a bit naive to think that either Johnson or Rolle will be available with pick #15.

Gaz 02-02-2005 01:49 PM

What a crappy poll...

No.

Law or Surtain would be a foolish waste of money under the new regime.

Rolle and Johnson will be gone by the time we draft.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would be THRILLED if Johnson fell to #15.

HC_Chief 02-02-2005 01:52 PM

Surtain is 28 yrs old, and a much better CB than any we've had since Hasty. If Miami will take a #2 in trade, he would be a brilliant addition.

BigRedChief 02-02-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
Surtain is 28 yrs old, and a much better CB than any we've had since Hasty. If Miami will take a #2 in trade, he would be a brilliant addition.

A no brainer. Surtain for a 2nd rounder. :clap:

go bo 02-02-2005 02:50 PM

where is the "no, carl is too stupid" option?

i voted no, but not because of any alleged talent...

Spicy McHaggis 02-02-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefz
Personally I think Surtain will be part of the deal that brings Edgerrin James to Miami, Law could be a possibility but his age and the size of the contract is certainly a turn off.

I think it is a bit naive to think that either Johnson or Rolle will be available with pick #15.

Isn't James an UFA? He could just sign with Miami and they wouldn't have to give anything up for him.

BigRedChief 02-03-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo

Sorry once a poll is posted I can't go back and change it. But I agree king Carl has done some pretty stupid moves lately.

Miles 02-03-2005 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintMcManus
Isn't James an UFA? He could just sign with Miami and they wouldn't have to give anything up for him.

Indy will hit him with the franchise tag so any team that signs him has to give up 2 1st rounders. Though any team wanting to sign him can work out a deal with Indy for less compensation than that (including players insted of picks).

Spicy McHaggis 02-03-2005 12:16 AM

Man f- the Colts. How can they have cash to play with after the Harrison and Manning contracts? The Chiefs should have a fat pocket book to pay out.

Miles 02-03-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintMcManus
Man f- the Colts. How can they have cash to play with after the Harrison and Manning contracts? The Chiefs should have a fat pocket book to pay out.

Their D is loaded with young cheap players. While its shitty, as far as i know they dont have the bad contracts like we do.

Manila-Chief 02-03-2005 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo

You are correct ... there should be another option. I voted no because I think that is what will happen.

I don't think we will get a top CB. The 2 CB's you mention may not even get onto the open market. But, I don't look for Kingless to sign any top quality D players. I hope I have to get back on here and eat my words because I believe we need a couple or 3 top shelf D tallent .... and not just a bunch of also rans like he usually signs.

In the draft ... I think both will be gone when we draft. That will not be his fault. But, Kingless could pass over one of them if there is another D player the Chiefs have rated higher. If it is a genuine rating then I'll be okay with it. But, none of this ... "we found a gem in the rough" ... stuff that they have given us the last couple of years.