ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Tiny terrier saves kids from pit bulls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162473)

kepp 05-02-2007 10:43 AM

Tiny terrier saves kids from pit bulls

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A plucky Jack Russell terrier named George saved five children from two marauding pit bulls, but was so severely mauled in the fight that it had to be put down, its owner said Wednesday.

George was playing with the group of children as they returned home from buying sweets at a neighborhood shop in the small North Island town of Manaia last Sunday when the two pit bulls appeared and lunged toward them, Allan Gay said.

"George was brave -- he took them on and he's not even a foot high," Gay told The Associated Press. "He jumped in on them, he tried to keep them off.

"If it wasn't for George, those kids would have copped it."

One of the children, Richard Rosewarne, 11, was quoted in the Taranaki Daily News on Wednesday as saying George fought with the pit bulls to keep them off his 4-year-old brother, Darryl.

"George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them, but they started to bite him -- one on the head and the other on the back," Rosewarne said. "We ran off crying and some people saw what was happening and rescued George."

But George was so badly mauled that a veterinarian had to put him down, Gay said.

South Taranaki District Council official Graham Young said the two pit bulls had been impounded, and likely would be put down because of the attack.

In New Zealand, owners of dogs judged to be too aggressive can be required to have them neutered and dogs involved in attacks are destroyed.

LINK

Demonpenz 05-02-2007 11:25 AM

I smell a logical poll after this post

CosmicPal 05-02-2007 11:27 AM

New Zealand must be backwards. I didn't think kids went to the store anymore to buy "sweets"

Dr. Johnny Fever 05-02-2007 11:32 AM

Good dog.

ChiefaRoo 05-02-2007 11:35 AM

Sweets is code for drugs. These kids were obviously mules and the pit bulls were a rival gang trying to grab their smack which had quite a street value. The Terrier must of been their protection and he went down like Tupac.

El Jefe 05-02-2007 11:37 AM

Man I hate to hear the dog died because I am a real dog lover and I love my little dog, she is a miniature schnauzer. It just proves the loyalty of dogs to their owners, poor dog but he went down protecting the ones he loved. Good story sad ending.

Halfcan 05-02-2007 12:28 PM

I hate Pit Bulls!

CoMoChief 05-02-2007 12:36 PM

Those pit bulls need to be taken over to Michael Vick's relative's home.

kepp 05-02-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
Those pit bulls need to be taken over to Michael Vick's relative's home.

"Marcus!!!"

Phobia 05-02-2007 12:44 PM

They probably weren't real pit bulls. Pit bulls aren't mean. They were probably some other kind of dog that just looks like a pitt bull.

Eric 05-02-2007 12:46 PM

No difference between pitbulls and wolves

convict1983 05-02-2007 01:14 PM

UGH

I am really starting to hate people that own pit bulls.

That little dog is a hero though. ANd he is in doggie heaven now. Yeah, I am cheesy. :)

pr_capone 05-02-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric
No difference between pitbulls and wolves

Yeah.... no.

The only things that wolves and pitbulls have in common is that they both have fur, teeth, and belong to the Canis genus.

Aside from that, they are NOTHING alike.

elvomito 05-02-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
They probably weren't real pit bulls. Pit bulls aren't mean. They were probably some other kind of dog that just looks like a pitt bull.

any responsible pit bull owner will give their dogs exercise. like throwing goats in the back yard once a week. just watch dog whisperer

ChiefsFanatic 05-02-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Uh-oh, no you di-nt.