ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should Haley hire an OC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214617)

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:05 PM

Should Haley hire an OC?

I remember when Gun was HC and got lost in the details because he couldn't delegate. Not trying to compare Haley/Gun, but I can't help but wonder if we'd fare better bringing someone in to call the plays.

I have no idea who's available, but today's game does make me wonder if a young HC should really be calling the plays. Of course, anyone coming in would have to stick with Haley's playbook at this point. What say you?

chiefbowe82 09-20-2009 11:07 PM

yes-gailey

petegz28 09-20-2009 11:07 PM

Our offense moved the ball fine today. Even battled through some penalties. A new HC isn't going to keep Casel from making a stupid decision or a guy from holding. Those are things players have to fix themselves.

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefbowe82 (Post 6095212)
yes-gailey

I think that ship has sailed.;)

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 6095216)
Our offense moved the ball fine today. Even battled through some penalties. A new HC isn't going to keep Casel from making a stupid decision or a guy from holding. Those are things players have to fix themselves.

I get your point, but I think it's quite possible that Haley might have had an opportunity to make better decisisons if his attention wasn't being pulled in so many directions. I would NOT want to call the offense if I was a first year HC in the NFL.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2009 11:11 PM

No. He did a wonderful job calling the plays today. Absolutely spectacular.

chiefbowe82 09-20-2009 11:13 PM

at the end of the day..it was two let downs by the defense on the opponets last drive the past two weeks, that lost kc the game.

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6095239)
No. He did a wonderful job calling the plays today. Absolutely spectacular.

The snafu at the 1st half doesn't bother you? I missed all the post-game coverage: did we find out if the pass to the RB was the first read on that play? Haley's facial expression suggested otherwise, but I haven't heard anything.

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefbowe82 (Post 6095250)
at the end of the day..it was two let downs by the defense on the opponets last drive the past two weeks, that lost kc the game.

Yes & no, a field goal at the end of the first half would have put us into OT.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 6095273)
The snafu at the 1st half doesn't bother you? I missed all the post-game coverage: did we find out if the pass to the RB was the first read on that play? Haley's facial expression suggested otherwise, but I haven't heard anything.

I personally believe there is no ****ing way they intended to get Savage the ball in the flat.

That is just absurd. 12 year olds who play Madden know better. You think Haley doesn't?

COME ON.

chiefbowe82 09-20-2009 11:22 PM

if only legget gets that onside, if only flowers gets that pick 6, if only the ref doesn't throw that flag, if only we don't get penalized every time we get good yards, if only cassel doesn't screw up right before half, if only we don't turn it over twice, if only we don't let them go 70 yards with 3 penalties along the way and letting them convert a 3rd and 15, if only we'd catch more balls..........we got to stop ****ing up opportunities god damnit

chiefbowe82 09-20-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6095300)
I personally believe there is no ****ing way they intended to get Savage the ball in the flat.

That is just absurd. 12 year olds who play Madden know better. You think Haley doesn't?

COME ON.

change your quote

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6095300)

COME ON.

I would hope that you're right, but nothing surprises me anymore. [Well, maybe that onside kick today...] Did Haley or anyone else give a postgame explanation for that pass to Savage?

BossChief 09-20-2009 11:25 PM

They said when Chan was let go that he would be brought back in some capacity.

question:

is it possible Haley is using a motivational firing on Chan, ala Bowe, DJ etc.?

T-post Tom 09-20-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6095325)
They said when Chan was let go that he would be brought back in some capacity.

question:

is it possible Haley is using a motivational firing on Chan, ala Bowe, DJ etc.?

I'd guess "no" on that one.