ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Sparano scheduled to interview Monday for OLine Job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268839)

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313414)
im actually shocked he would come here

must be slim ****ing pickings out there for all the Patriots failures that have truly hit rock bottom

He's one degree of separation from the Pioli branch.

Plausible deniability.

Rausch 01-13-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313403)
Actually, there was no joke intended there, though I wish I was that clever.

The fact is, both Reid and Sporano are guys that like big, strong, physical O-Lines.

Reid has neglected the OL for years in Philli.

His belief is that as long as he has a two great T's he's good...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 01-13-2013 12:54 PM

@SaveOurChiefs: Interesting news on Tony Sparano interviewing for the OL Coach. He's good at that role, overwhelmed by OC and HC duties.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 12:55 PM

neglecting the oline?

thats why Todd Herremans was signed for 17 million and Evan Mathis for 5 years 25 million

yeah I just spend 40 million to neglect the oline, too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-13-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9313439)
Reid has neglected the OL for years in Philli.

His belief is that as long as he has a two great T's he's good...

They spent high picks on interior lineman, including the Brandon Weeden of guards, Danny Watkins.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313427)
Evan Mathis 6'5'' 302 lbs
Todd Herremans 6'6'' 321 lbs
Brandon Albert 6'5'' 315 lbs

two of them are Guards, one has been a cornerstone LT. LOL

What I'm trying to say is that these guys are not zone scheme types.

They like to try to build lines that dominate physically.

Asomoah and Hudson do not fit that mold at present.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313479)
What I'm trying to say is that these guys are not zone scheme types.

They like to try to build lines that dominate physically.

Asomoah and Hudson do not fit that mold at present.

im agreeing with you.

I'm not going to go full homer and say Albert needs to slide to guard but Jason Peters was a BIG LT for Andy and Jake Long was a 100 ft tall for Tony.

I do think that Hudson is WAY too small for Center under this new regime, and maybe might not even have a spot. To think some of these olineman like Allen, Hudson, etc will be given their spots back is something to think again about. Especially if they start signing/drafting oline, they will come in immediately and compete.

milkman 01-13-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313498)
im agreeing with you.

I'm not going to go full homer and say Albert needs to slide to guard but Jason Peters was a BIG LT for Andy and Jake Long was a 100 ft tall for Tony.

I do think that Hudson is WAY too small for Center under this new regime, and maybe might not even have a spot. To think some of these olineman like Allen, Hudson, etc will be given their spots back is something to think again about. Especially if they start signing/drafting oline, they will come in immediately and compete.

I think Albert will be asked to put some of the weight on that Haley had him take off, and I think both Allen and Asomoah have the frames to add weight as well.

I don't think Hudson does.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:04 PM

I'd rather move Hudson back to LG and draft an actual C.

Marco Polo 01-13-2013 01:04 PM

Ex-Jets OC Tony Sparano will reportedly interview for the Chiefs offensive line coach position.

Before his four-year stint as Dolphins coach and failed one-year gig running the Jets offense, Sparano was a highly regarded offensive line coach with the Cowboys from 2003-2007. If he gets the Chiefs job, it will likely come with the assistant head coach title.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:04 PM

You really think Hudson is small? They don't make centers much bigger than this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PLMVnEp08G...ney+Hudson.jpg

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9313509)
I think Albert will be asked to put some of the weight on that Haley had him take off, and I think both Allen and Asomoah have the frames to add weight as well.

I don't think Hudson does.

are we changing the scheme again from zone blocking to man blocking? or some sort of power blocking?

Isnt the reason Eric Winston was cut was because hes a one trick pony at zone blocking (and he couldnt pass a physical) but, I am pretty sure he is awful at man blocking.

that is if they were to change the blocking scheme, again.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:07 PM

I kinda hope we stay ZBS, especially with Jamal.

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9313515)
Ex-Jets OC Tony Sparano will reportedly interview for the Chiefs offensive line coach position.

Before his four-year stint as Dolphins coach and failed one-year gig running the Jets offense, Sparano was a highly regarded offensive line coach with the Cowboys from 2003-2007. If he gets the Chiefs job, it will likely come with the assistant head coach title.

wonder if that means chilly isn't coming

O.city 01-13-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313520)
are we changing the scheme again from zone blocking to man blocking? or some sort of power blocking?

Isnt the reason Eric Winston was cut was because hes a one trick pony at zone blocking (and he couldnt pass a physical) but, I am pretty sure he is awful at man blocking.

that is if they were to change the blocking scheme, again.

I remember something with a physical, but there was some cap problem there too, IIRC.

It's looking like they should have kept him, cause the right side of their line has been ass this year.