ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Sparano scheduled to interview Monday for OLine Job (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268839)

The Bad Guy 01-13-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9313628)
Kelce weighs 295, a wee bit lighter than Hudson.

I thought Kelce was a big fat bitch.

Looks a lot bigger than 295.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:23 PM

well Jeff Allen is ****ing terrible

so yes no Lilja so someone with actual talent is going to have to replace that hole on the o-line at either guard or center

we will get murdered with Jeff Allen - Hudson - Asomoah as the interior. And Andy Reid wont stand for that

O.city 01-13-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9313637)
I don't understand the hard on so many of you have for moving Hudson to G.

He was drafted as a center.

We have invested a 2nd round pick in Jeff Allen and a 3rd round pick in Jon Asamoah to play guard. Now you guys want relegate a 2nd round pick to the bench because he played guard in college?

Cause he was an all american at guard ?

The Bad Guy 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9313637)
I don't understand the hard on so many of you have for moving Hudson to G.

He was drafted as a center.

We have invested a 2nd round pick in Jeff Allen and a 3rd round pick in Jon Asamoah to play guard. Now you guys want relegate a 2nd round pick to the bench because he played guard in college?

He played guard basically his entire college career.

He was drafted as a center because of the past regime.

Allen didn't play well, at all, last year. Handing him a starting job is stupid.

Hoover 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

The Chiefs were ****ing terrible, and he was a rookie.

He was rushed into service and it showed.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313639)
well Jeff Allen is ****ing terrible

so yes

I actually forgot that he was a tackle in college and this was his first year at guard, so hopefully he can improve.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:24 PM

so we have a college tackle at guard and a college guard at center

do you see how stupid Scooter was.

Andy will right this ship.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313611)
Hudson is way too small to play guard under Reid

Todd Herremans and Evan Mathis were ****ing HUGE guards for Reid. both could slide to RT in a pinch

Yeah, what's interesting is that he was projected to play Guard or Center. So I thought that meant he can add weight. But in 2011, he was at 277 lbs., so I have a bad feeling he may be maxed out.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313650)

And a college guard at LT.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9313358)
I like it. A lot.

Likewise. Sparano was a great OL coach.

He'd be a hell of a hire and a very experienced set of eyes.

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313650)

The offensive line is very good. Pioli did a lot of stupid shit, but you can't be too critical of the o-line. Reid may need to change personnel because of difference in scheme, not because we're short of talent.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:27 PM

One thing about Allen and Hudson is they are still young. Allen was a rookie this year, playing a new position (which was stupid in the first place).

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:27 PM

some guys are built for the position change and some arent. all part of that evaluation process. they will evaluate it and i will not be surprised if they draft an o-lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round BPA at guard, center or tackle. This place will explode and I will laugh, but the fact is Andy loves drafting in the trenches and there is no tip toeing around that. The guy drafted a 29 year old Canadian Rugby Fireman weirdo bozo guy turned offensive lineman for the sake of thinking he was some hidden gem guard IN THE FIRST ROUND. Think about that for a minute.

Ace Gunner 01-13-2013 01:28 PM

my only complaints about Hudson playing C is that he is short armed and he won't get bigger than 300 (plus change, perhaps).

As a OG I'd say no, that's not a good plan for Hudson. Too compact, not real mobile either.

I'd expect Reid to find interior linemen and roll with the Tackles currently on the roster this first season.

milkman 01-13-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313658)
some guys are built for the position change and some arent. all part of that evaluation process. they will evaluate it and i will not be surprised if they draft an o-lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round BPA at guard, center or tackle. This place will explode and I will laugh, but the fact is Andy loves drafting in the trenches and there is no tip toeing around that. The guy drafted a 29 year old Canadian Rugby Fireman weirdo bozo guy turned offensive lineman for the sake of thinking he was some hidden gem guard IN THE FIRST ROUND. Think about that for a minute.

As long as he doesn't draft a lineman with the #1 overall, I'm good with picking a lineman.