ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269250)

RunKC 01-24-2013 01:24 AM

The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs

:doh!:

The Star’s Top 10: The best players in draft for Chiefs’ needs
Order Reprints

January 23

As the Chiefs prepare to make the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft for the first time in franchise history, we’ve made our own draft board. Adam Teicher, The Star’s Chiefs reporter, has ranked the top 10 available players who fit the Chiefs’ most pressing needs. Not all are worthy of the No. 1 pick — the Chiefs may decide to trade down — but all are worth keeping an eye on before the draft starts April 25.

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: Chiefs have two Pro Bowlers at this position, so technically outside linebacker is not a need. But Tamba Hali will be 30 next season and it’s difficult to turn down a pass rusher.

• 2. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M: The same holds for Moore.

• 3. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: The Chiefs will need a left tackle if Branden Albert becomes a free agent.

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: Smith probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their QB dilemma somehow.

• 5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: After the fiasco with Stanford Routt, the Chiefs need a corner and Milliner is the best available.

• 6. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Again, not worth the top pick. But a fast, 6-3 receiver will be difficult for the Chiefs to pass up.

• 7. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Guards aren’t valuable enough to pick with the top overall choice. But Warmack has a chance to be great.

• 8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: The Chiefs will need a lineman if they lose Glenn Dorsey to free agency.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

• 10. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia: Inside linebackers aren’t that valuable, but the Chiefs need one to go along with Derrick Johnson.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/23...#storylink=cpy

Rasputin 01-24-2013 01:28 AM

How the hell is OLB our biggest need?, it's not move on. Re-sign Albert LT solved

Draft Geno Smith QB solved. That ****ing easy.

Hammock Parties 01-24-2013 01:32 AM

teicher's editor: write me a chiefs draft article

teicher: ok

teicher visits nfldraftcountdown.com and picks names out of hat

teicher: copy paste copy paste copy paste

teicher: i'm done

KCrockaholic 01-24-2013 01:39 AM

Now we can all thank Teicher for making the average fan dumber.

Wonderful.

Sofa King 01-24-2013 01:45 AM

Jesus ****ing christ

Sofa King 01-24-2013 01:46 AM

I'd like to kill the mother ****er who started all this Geno isn't worthy bullshit. He has all the stupid fake mockers and the dumbass true fans believing it.

cdcox 01-24-2013 02:02 AM

The words were right, they just got jumbled with the wrong players:

• 1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia: The Chiefs have a will need a pass rusher if Tamba Hali pulls a Javon Belcher.

• 2. Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M: The same holds for Moore.

• 3. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M: Chiefs have a near Pro Bowler at this position, so technically a left tackle is not a need. But Brandon Albert is a potential free agent and it’s difficult to turn down a left tackle.

• 4. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia: After the fiasco with Matt Cassel, the Chiefs need an QB and Smith is the best available.

• 5. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama: Cornerbacks aren’t that valuable, but the Chiefs need one to go along with Brandon Flowers.

• 6. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee: Patterson probably isn’t worthy of being the top pick, but the Chiefs have to solve their WR dilemma somehow.

• 7. Chance Warmack, G, Alabama:He makes sense for the Chiefs if they believe he can eventually become a franchise quarterback.

• 8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah: Again, not worth the top pick. But another ****ing DT will be difficult for the Chiefs to pass up.

• 9. Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State: The Chiefs will need a QB, if they pass up on the consensus best QB in the draft, Geno Smith.

• 10. Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia: ILBs aren’t valuable enough to pick with the top overall choice. But Ogletree has a chance to be great.

http://youngwritersfestival.org/home...ds/magnets.jpg

GoHuge 01-24-2013 02:06 AM

This is by far the stupidest draft mock or eval I have seen. Biggest problem on our team is OLB when our two starters are in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl? Wtf doesn't even come close.

RunKC 01-24-2013 02:28 AM

But Tamba Hali is about to be 30 and we need a guy to replace him when he retires in 3-5 years! LMAO

-King- 01-24-2013 02:30 AM

Someone send this to Danny and Carrington at 610... I want to hear them crush Teicher.

007 01-24-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9346532)
Someone send this to Danny and Carrington at 610... I want to hear them crush Teicher.

You would be disappointed.

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9346512)
How the hell is OLB our biggest need?, it's not move on. Re-sign Albert LT solved

Draft Geno Smith QB solved. That ****ing easy.

The best part is that Teicher himself says in the description that OLB isn't really a need. Good, take one at 1.1 then.

BigChiefFan 01-24-2013 03:53 AM

What a shitty attempt at addressing the team's needs. This article is trash.

AussieChiefsFan 01-24-2013 05:19 AM

For the love of god.... :facepalm:

Chiefs=Champions 01-24-2013 05:39 AM

If i lived in kc i would srs think about applying for a job at the star. Seems to me it would be the easiest job in the world.