ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL will provide benefits to Belcher's daughter (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267382)

Ebolapox 12-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9182049)
Hootie's right. I mean, it sounds cold to those of us who have the ability to be emotional about it, but he's right.

I grew up being raised by my aunt and uncle. Never knew my Dad, and my Mom was in a severe car accident when I was a child and sustained major brain damage and was unable to raise me. I didn't get a dime, and I don't look back thinking "Boy, I'd give it all up to have my mommy again!" Life happens, and I was young enough to rebound from it, and I actually remember my mother. Zoey will never know who they are outside of pictures and reading the tragic tale.

wait, so milkman--not really your dad, or your uncle, or absentee father?

CoMoChief 12-05-2012 03:38 PM

It obviously doesn't replace not having parents around.

But that's a nice HS graduation present.

I think an extra $200-250K is worth going to college wouldn't u say?

milkman 12-05-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9181716)
but I'm a cold son of a bitch

I love my mom and dad, they have both been great to me and have taught me many, many, many important lessons and I respect both of them greatly

but honestly how could you miss someone you never knew? How could you feel pain about someone you never knew? My parents got divorced when I was 4, have no memories of them being together, and I never once in my life was sad about them not being together because I never knew them together

so yeah...IMO this little girl, assuming she lands a rational guardian, sort of hit a baby jackpot

I have not gotten through the rest of this thread, but I feel compelled to respond to this.

I have no idea how I would view a divorce, but I lost my father before I had a chance to know him.

I still to this day, 50 years later, miss him.

I didn't know him, but I miss him.

Frazod 12-05-2012 04:01 PM

I assume she'll get social security death benefits on top of this, as well. My mom died when I was 17, and I got monthly checks from them until I turned 18.

BIG_DADDY 12-05-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9183150)
I have not gotten through the rest of this thread, but I feel compelled to respond to this.

I have no idea how I would view a divorce, but I lost my father before I had a chance to know him.

I still to this day, 50 years later, miss him.

I didn't know him, but I miss him.

Sorry to hear that dude, how old were you?

Phobia 12-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9183387)
Sorry to hear that dude, how old were you?

He was like 39.

BlackHelicopters 12-05-2012 06:44 PM

Belcher's daughter will make a great stripper some day. ' Merica

mlyonsd 12-05-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9183407)
He was like 39.

He was 39 fifty years ago wasn't he?