ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

Hammock Parties 06-26-2013 07:30 PM

Dorsey and DeVito are almost identical in terms of player value. Both are run stuffers who don't rush the passer.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778130)
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE....

I'm sorry; I got a little woozy there hearing the sound of Pioli's voice in that post.

You don't know a thing about the NFL or player personnel, you offer nothing of substance and you're not funny.

BossChief 06-26-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9777980)
No people like Matt Cassel and Alex Smith **** this team

and missing out on the Andy Daltons, Russel Wilsons, Colin Kapernicks and passing right over them for some 2nd/3rd string Olineman or WR bust

That's the whole point.

Len Dawson was a guy they pulled off the scrap heap of the NFL and won a championship with...something that, even today, they are trying to replicate.

"I gotta find the next Len Dawson" haha

Todd Blackledge was a monumental bust in one of the best quarterback drafts in history...something they want to forget and try not to replicate.

Montana
Bono
Grbac
Green
Huard
Cassel
Quinn

If this team EVER wins anything significant, it will be because it FINALLY took a chance and it paid off.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9778136)
Dorsey and DeVito are almost identical in terms of player value. Both are run stuffers who don't rush the passer.

Except that DeVito knows the system, he's smart and he's a vocal leader.

Dorsey was none of the above.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778137)
You don't know a thing about the NFL or player personnel, you offer nothing of substance and you're not funny.

I'm too sexy for your car.

RunKC 06-26-2013 07:33 PM

There are upgrades all over this franchise.

HC, GM, OC, DE (not much but still), ILB, CB, S, OL WR and QB.

The only thing I don't think is an obvious upgrade is DC. Romeo was pretty solid.

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9778140)
That's the whole point.

Len Dawson was a guy they pulled off the scrap heap of the NFL and won a championship with...something that, even today, they are trying to replicate.

Todd Blackledge was a monumental bust in one of the best quarterback drafts in history...something they want to forget and try not to replicate.

Montana
Bono
Grbac
Green
Huard
Cassel
Quinn

If this team EVER wins anything significant, it will be because it FINALLY took a chance and it paid off.

So, no chances were taken when giving up first round draft choices for Montana or Green?

What?

DaneMcCloud 06-26-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9778150)
There are upgrades all over this franchise.

HC, GM, OC, DE (not much but still), ILB, CB, S, OL WR and QB.

The only thing I don't think is an obvious upgrade is DC. Romeo was pretty solid.

Romeo and his bend don't break defense was horrible and outdated. The Chiefs gave up more point defensively than at any point in their history.

He sucked.

Marcellus 06-26-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9778140)
That's the whole point.

Montana
Bono
Grbac
Green
Huard
Cassel
Quinn

So you think Clark Hunt is still smarting from the Blackledge draft and trying to replicate what was done when he was like 3?

Some of you guys have repeated the same shit for so long you have zero ability to think objectively anymore.

How many decision makers are left in charge in KC from 2003 let alone 1983?

LoneWolf 06-26-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9778136)

DeVito's ability to stay healthy makes him more valuable than Dorsey.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9778158)
So you think Clark Hunt is still smarting from the Blackledge draft and trying to replicate what was done when he was like 3?

Some of you guys have repeated the same shit for so long you have zero ability to think objectively anymore.

How many decision makers are left in charge in KC from 2003 let alone 1983?

Actions speak louder than words. Lather, rinse, repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat...

Chris Meck 06-26-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778000)
Doug Pedersen was a fine QB coach and a solid NFL backup for more than a decade. He knows the system and if Reid didn't feel he was ready for the job, he wouldn't have hired him for it. He'd have hired Childress

Reid, Chilly, Pedersen, Sutton, etc. versus Romeo Crennel, Romeo Crennel, Mo Carthon, Brian Daboll. You may not see a massive upgrade by I certainly do.

Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL, period. You don't get to five NFC champoinships by being a slouch.

This.

Chris Meck 06-26-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9778008)
So, you're claiming DeVito, Abdullah, Robinson, Smith and Avery aren't upgrades?

What team were you watching last year?

and that.

I'm agreeing with Dane. The world has gotten weird.

Marcellus 06-26-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9778171)
Actions speak louder than words. Lather, rinse, repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat...

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...&client=safari

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9778187)

Says the man with "in denial" as his location. Yep, tells me all I need to know.