ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jacksonville, Oakland, and Buffalo are interested in Seahawks QB Matt Flynn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271495)

Dante84 03-26-2013 09:14 PM

Jacksonville, Oakland, and Buffalo are interested in Seahawks QB Matt Flynn

Let's see....

Jacksonville would be bad, as we need them interested in Geno to drive up trade value for our #1; Oakland would be bad for the similar reason, as well as I prefer them to stick with slapdick QB's and this one might have upside....

Let's go Buffalo!

Quote:

The market for Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Flynn could finally be heating up after remaining lukewarm so far this offseason.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Jacksonville Jaguars are the most likely destination for the Seahawks backup quarterback to end up if he’s traded this offseason. The Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills are also expressing interest.

New Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley is familiar with Flynn as he served as the Seahawks defensive coordinator prior to being hired in Jacksonville. Buffalo traded for another Seahawks quarterback last year in Tarvaris Jackson late in the preseason to serve as backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Seattle has expressed their willingness to keep Flynn as a backup next season despite his large contract. With starter Russell Wilson on a rookie third round contract for another two seasons, Seattle isn’t in a position where Flynn’s contract is a burden to their salary cap this season. Despite the offseason acquisitions of Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett, the Seahawks are still around $6 million under the salary cap for next season.

“Our primary salary cap model included [Flynn] for the season and that’s a heck of a number two to have,” general manager John Schenider said in an interview with the Mitch in the Morning show on Sports Radio KJR in Seattle on Tuesday. “…The salary cap now with the CBA, the way things work with not being able to re-do [rookie contracts] for three years, we’re very much at peace with that situation.”

However, Seattle would be willing to trade Flynn if the right deal presents itself. The problem for Seattle will be finding that deal. With Flynn carrying a cap number of $7.25 million for next season, it will be difficult for the Seahawks to find a team willing to give them a valuable draft pick in return. If that’s the case and they can’t get the compensation they are seeking, Seattle may benefit more from keeping Flynn on the roster to serve as the backup to Wilson in what they hope will be a Super Bowl run next season.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...qb-matt-flynn/

Bewbies 03-26-2013 09:40 PM

This trade happens after the draft.

philfree 03-26-2013 09:40 PM

Oooooooh I see. So they all want Geno:thumb:

In58men 03-26-2013 09:42 PM

Bacon > Geno Smith

BossChief 03-26-2013 09:48 PM

They heard word that we are taking Geno Smith and are all scrambling to figure out what to do.

DTLB58 03-26-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9531968)
This trade happens after the draft.

Or even after the first night.

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 10:01 PM

It appears not many teams value Geno.

BigCatDaddy 03-26-2013 10:05 PM

This is awesome. Blackmon will now be wearing a Flynn jersey on game days LMAO

RealSNR 03-26-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532026)

Or.... they know that he has many suitors, and it's possible he won't be around

RustShack 03-26-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532026)

I think only one team can get him, but I could be wrong.

bowener 03-26-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9532062)
I think only one team can get him, but I could be wrong.

lulz

Joe Seahawk 03-26-2013 10:35 PM

I hope we keep him as a backup.. unless we get a 2nd , which we won't

Setsuna 03-26-2013 10:49 PM

FALSE. WE FIRED OUR HACK GM.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-26-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9532183)
FALSE. WE FIRED OUR HACK GM.

Noticed your sig, read one of those "draft" magazines and some guy predicted Oakland took Bray in the 3rd round. Doesn't mean anything, just found it interesting since I don't remember reading anything about the Raiders and Bray.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2013 11:19 PM

May god have mercy on their souls.