ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Going to Seattle for the 1st time in a few months. What do you recommend I check out? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280655)

|Zach| 01-14-2014 06:13 AM

Going to Seattle for the 1st time in a few months. What do you recommend I check out?

Heading out there for the first time (as an adult) in early March. Certainly have the EMP Museum on my list and will do the Pike's Market thing I imagine. Will be staying at the Marriott Waterfront so it helps to be in that area.

Any things I can't miss? Especially curious about restaurant recommendations.

big nasty kcnut 01-14-2014 06:17 AM

Space needle fisherman warf safeco field and mt rainer for great mountain pictures.

J Diddy 01-14-2014 06:18 AM

I hear Seattle's House of Hot Whores is a good little place to dip and dine.

|Zach| 01-14-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10369134)
I hear Seattle's House of Hot Whores is a good little place to dip and dine.

Is the house hot? Or the whores.

J Diddy 01-14-2014 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10369136)
Is the house hot? Or the whores.

Irrelevant. The fact that they have the whores is the selling point.

damaticous 01-14-2014 06:49 AM

Eat lunch at the Crab Pot. Get their signature dish. it's awesome!
Walk around Pikes Place. Visit the fish shop that throws fish, and just a few stored down have a beer in the place where Tom Hanks and Melanie Griffen made that movie. There's a bar in the back with GREAT views!!!!!

Go hiking in Steven's Pass. i prefer Lake Serene. BUT be warned. It's not easy and takes a good 7-8 hours for the whole hike. VERY worth it though.

Visit some of the Bikini coffee shops. My fav was in Monroe (1.5 hours NE of Seattle). Not sure it's there any longer though.

If you have time and in season get a charter boat and go salmon fishing.

DaKCMan AP 01-14-2014 06:55 AM

Just outside the city in Woodinville you can check out the Redhook brewery and there are some wineries near there (Chateau Ste. Michelle, Columbia, Silver Lake, etc.).

Near the Space Needle check out the Olympic Sculpture Park. Pretty cool and you'd probably like to photograph it.

|Zach| 01-14-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 10369142)
Eat lunch at the Crab Pot. Get their signature dish. it's awesome!
Walk around Pikes Place. Visit the fish shop that throws fish, and just a few stored down have a beer in the place where Tom Hanks and Melanie Griffen made that movie. There's a bar in the back with GREAT views!!!!!

Go hiking in Steven's Pass. i prefer Lake Serene. BUT be warned. It's not easy and takes a good 7-8 hours for the whole hike. VERY worth it though.

Visit some of the Bikini coffee shops. My fav was in Monroe (1.5 hours NE of Seattle). Not sure it's there any longer though.

If you have time and in season get a charter boat and go salmon fishing.

That lunch place caught my eye...probably won't have time for a long hike or anything mainly going for a game but it seems like there are going to be a ton of photo friendly things. Looking forward to that.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2014 07:17 AM

Kurt Cobains house
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefEd 01-14-2014 07:29 AM

Metropolitan Grill downtown. Best steak house on the planet!!!

Dartgod 01-14-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damaticous (Post 10369142)
and just a few stored down have a beer in the place where Tom Hanks and Melanie Griffen made that movie.

Melanie Griffin? I think you mean Griffith. And I also think you mean Meg Ryan.

Dayze 01-14-2014 08:07 AM

Paging Flopnuts.....

R8RFAN 01-14-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10369130)
Heading out there for the first time (as an adult) in early March. Certainly have the EMP Museum on my list and will do the Pike's Market thing I imagine. Will be staying at the Marriott Waterfront so it helps to be in that area.

Any things I can't miss? Especially curious about restaurant recommendations.

How bout the space needle and then open a window :thumb:

Why Not? 01-14-2014 08:38 AM

Starbucks?

BlackHelicopters 01-14-2014 08:42 AM

Visit an umbrella store