ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith: Chief's aren't running a "Cookie-cutter offense" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274644)

Coogs 07-19-2013 06:59 AM

Alex Smith: Chief's aren't running a "Cookie-cutter" offense

Q? FO!

From NFLNetwork byline:

QB Alex Smith tells NFL Total Access that Chiefs aren't running "cookie-cutter" offense and it isn't the same as what coach Andy Reid ran with Eagles and Packers. Catch the entire interview tonight at 7PM ET on NFL Total Access.

Hammock Parties 07-19-2013 07:01 AM

We had to take the chocolate chips out of the cookie because Alex Smith is a diabetic.

Canofbier 07-19-2013 07:01 AM

I think we should have known that already. Reid has said on more than one occasion that he loves Alex's ability to manipulate an offense and make pre-snap reads, so it makes sense that the offense would be built around that.

O.city 07-19-2013 07:03 AM

If he is setting it to Smith's trengths, color me impressed.

Although, I'll wait til preseason and a game or two to make the call.

Coogs 07-19-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9820779)
I think we should have known that already. Reid has said on more than one occasion that he loves Alex's ability to manipulate an offense and make pre-snap reads, so it makes sense that the offense would be built around that.

No. There are many here saying Reid throws it 36 times a game, and that Smith is going to fail because of that.

Coogs 07-19-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9820782)
If he is setting it to Smith's trengths, color me impressed.

Although, I'll wait til preseason and a game or two to make the call.

I like preseason too. But last year the Chiefs shot their wad offensively in the 1st preseason game... never to be seen again the rest of the year.

O.city 07-19-2013 07:07 AM

Until we see it in game situations, it's hard to go against what a coach has done for his entire career.

It's just the way it is.

InChiefsHeaven 07-19-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9820784)
I like preseason too. But last year the Chiefs shot their wad offensively in the 1st preseason game... never to be seen again the rest of the year.

That was last year. New Coach and QB should mean a totally different look.

Coogs 07-19-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9820790)
That was last year. New Coach and QB should mean a totally different look.

Not exactly my point.

Chief Roundup 07-19-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9820783)
No. There are many here saying Reid throws it 36 times a game, and that Smith is going to fail because of that.

Like this place is an authority on anything. ROFL

There are one or two but outside of that...meh. Not so much.

Ace Gunner 07-19-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9820777)
We had to take the chocolate chips out of the cookie because Alex Smith is a diabetic.

only a few more weeks bitch -- then you will get your shit pushed back in :D

Ace Gunner 07-19-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9820779)

they are going to run the pistol more than people think. Jamaal Charles is going to be the featured player in this offense & when defenses start loading the box & playing tight zone, they will go with the WCO short/intermediate system & hello Dwayne Bowe :D

O.city 07-19-2013 07:24 AM

Reid had a rookie 3rd round QB throw the ball about 38 times per game, yet we are hoping with his own hand picked QB he is going to throw it alot less?

If so, whats that tell you about his hand picked QB?

I don't think coaches change their stripes, I think we'll be a pass first team, but if Reid can tailor that to Smith's strengths it should be a good season.

KCDC 07-19-2013 07:38 AM

Who would ever say/admit that they are running a cookie-cutter anything in the NFL? To me, this is not news. Of course he won't use the Eagles offensive playbook. He has different personnel and a much different QB.

Hammock Parties 07-19-2013 07:41 AM

It's really just code for "we're not throwing deep."