ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs QB Ricky Stanzi Iowa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244601)

Hammock Parties 04-30-2011 12:00 PM

QB Ricky Stanzi Iowa

Height: 6-4 3/8
Weight: 223
Speed: 4.93
Arm: 32
Hand: 10
Wingspan: 77 5/8
Birthdate: 09/03/1987
Hometown: Mentor, OH
Grade: 5.53

http://images.wikia.com/nfl/images/9/9c/Tom.jpg

Notes: Also earned four letters in basketball as an Ohio prep. Redshirted in 2006. Arrested in May ’07 for underaged possession of alcohol. Saw very limited action in two games in ’07, recording just an interception in four pass attempts. In the fall, started 11-of-13 games (yielded starts to Jake Christensen against Maine and Pittsburgh) and completed 150-of-254 pass attempts (59.1 percent) for 1,956 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Started all 11 games in which he played in ’09, tossing 171-304-2,417-17-15 (56.3). Missed a pair of games after severely spraining his right ankle against Northwestern and undergoing surgery. Healthy in ’10, started all 13 games and totaled 221-345-3,004-25-6 (64.1). Sprained his left knee in the season opener. Team captain. Had a 26-9 career starting record.

Positives: Outstanding size with a compact, over-the-top delivery. Played in pro-style offense and is very comfortable operating from underneath center. Good footwork and delivery quickness. Has enough arm strength, and it has improved in recent years. Nice footwork. Athletic enough to sidestep the first wave of pressure. Smart, hardworking and is passionate about the game — is wired the right way, works at his craft and has earned the respect of his teammates. Very humble and quietly competitive. Will play through pain.

Negatives: Has a very lean build, is still underdeveloped physically and needs to spend more time in the weight room and get stronger. Does not drive the ball downfield — and some balls die with low RPMs. Can be flustered by pressure and forced into making bad throws. Does not read the whole field or see undercutting safeties — needs to hone his instincts and become more confident anticipating receivers coming open and pulling the trigger. Must improve field vision, anticipation and progression quickness. Could not come through in the clutch and close out tight contests vs. Arizona, Wisconsin and Northwestern when the game was on the line. Did not exude confidence at the Senior Bowl or show well.

Summary: An excellent-sized, pro-style passer who still needs to learn to trust his eyes and get the ball out on time, Stanzi has a strong base from which to develop and could blossom with quality coaching that feeds his confidence. Has appealing intangibles, leadership traits and work habits and most of his flaws are correctable. Has potential to develop into an eventual starter and draws some eerily similar semblance to a young Tom Brady.

NFL projection: Third- to fourth-round pick.

suzzer99 04-30-2011 12:02 PM

Cool.

niblet 04-30-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7608507)

ROFL

BWillie 04-30-2011 12:03 PM

The Stanzinator is ours!

Titty Meat 04-30-2011 12:04 PM

I've noticed we've drafted a lot of former high school basketball players. New theme.

bevischief 04-30-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7608507)
Height: 6-4 3/8
Weight: 223
Speed: 4.93
Arm: 32
Hand: 10
Wingspan: 77 5/8
Birthdate: 09/03/1987
Hometown: Mentor, OH
Grade: 5.53

http://images.wikia.com/nfl/images/9/9c/Tom.jpg

Notes: Also earned four letters in basketball as an Ohio prep. Redshirted in 2006. Arrested in May ’07 for underaged possession of alcohol. Saw very limited action in two games in ’07, recording just an interception in four pass attempts. In the fall, started 11-of-13 games (yielded starts to Jake Christensen against Maine and Pittsburgh) and completed 150-of-254 pass attempts (59.1 percent) for 1,956 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Started all 11 games in which he played in ’09, tossing 171-304-2,417-17-15 (56.3). Missed a pair of games after severely spraining his right ankle against Northwestern and undergoing surgery. Healthy in ’10, started all 13 games and totaled 221-345-3,004-25-6 (64.1). Sprained his left knee in the season opener. Team captain. Had a 26-9 career starting record.

Positives: Outstanding size with a compact, over-the-top delivery. Played in pro-style offense and is very comfortable operating from underneath center. Good footwork and delivery quickness. Has enough arm strength, and it has improved in recent years. Nice footwork. Athletic enough to sidestep the first wave of pressure. Smart, hardworking and is passionate about the game — is wired the right way, works at his craft and has earned the respect of his teammates. Very humble and quietly competitive. Will play through pain.

Negatives: Has a very lean build, is still underdeveloped physically and needs to spend more time in the weight room and get stronger. Does not drive the ball downfield — and some balls die with low RPMs. Can be flustered by pressure and forced into making bad throws. Does not read the whole field or see undercutting safeties — needs to hone his instincts and become more confident anticipating receivers coming open and pulling the trigger. Must improve field vision, anticipation and progression quickness. Could not come through in the clutch and close out tight contests vs. Arizona, Wisconsin and Northwestern when the game was on the line. Did not exude confidence at the Senior Bowl or show well.

Summary: An excellent-sized, pro-style passer who still needs to learn to trust his eyes and get the ball out on time, Stanzi has a strong base from which to develop and could blossom with quality coaching that feeds his confidence. Has appealing intangibles, leadership traits and work habits and most of his flaws are correctable. Has potential to develop into an eventual starter and draws some eerily similar semblance to a young Tom Brady.

NFL projection: Third- to fourth-round pick.

Hammock Parties 04-30-2011 12:04 PM

I'm thrilled with this pick. At the very least I think he will be an EXCELLENT backup QB.

Much better option than Brokie.

Titty Meat 04-30-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7608545)
I'm thrilled with this pick. At the very least I think he will be an EXCELLENT backup QB.

Please post the Tomahawk Chop avatar again.

Mr. Arrowhead 04-30-2011 12:05 PM

haha good one GC, ROFL

beach tribe 04-30-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7608545)

Same here. Will have plenty of time to develop, but could easily be our backup for the next decade.

Thig Lyfe 04-30-2011 12:06 PM

FINALLY GOT OUR QBOTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titty Meat 04-30-2011 12:07 PM

Dane speaks to us....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7185419)
Seriously, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And say no to Ricky Stanzi. He's Matt Cassel part deux, from what I've seen (three or four games this year).

Although I expect the Iowa homers to tell me how great he is in this thread.

:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties 04-30-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7608551)
Please post the Tomahawk Chop avatar again.

CORN FED IOWA MOTHER****ERS STAYING IN THE BREAD BOWL FTMFW

http://i54.tinypic.com/14wpqvr.jpg

TRR 04-30-2011 12:11 PM

I've watched Stanzi his entire career and met him several times in IC. A nice guy.....however....

Not sold on his QB ability in the least bit. IA fans were sold on him early in his career, but lost faith in him late with his INT issues (Jr year) and mental lapses in his senior season. He's probably the most streaky QB I've ever watched in my life. Extremely hot and cold.

I don't project Stanzi as a starting QB ever, but a decent backup. Think a stronger Brodie Croyle without as good of collegiate career.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg 04-30-2011 12:12 PM

GOOD PICK. This kid is a gamer. I hope he starts but that won't happen.