ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What WR are we going to draft in round one next year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126513)

Deberg_1990 10-15-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
. Im in for a new DL overhaul

:shake:

Count me in as well. A complete D-Line overhaul. Whats sad is, at least the Chiefs have tried, but have failed. Sims, Freeman, Dalton, Siavii.....

Skip Towne 10-15-2005 10:57 AM

I say we convert to the Wishbone offense. Then we won't need WR's or QB's. Our personnel fits this offense well.

Extra Point 10-15-2005 12:31 PM

And hire Barry Switzer to coach it?

RedThat 10-15-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point
And hire Barry Switzer to coach it?

That would be the ultimate fuck up. It would actually make the job Carl is doing now, look good.

Thig Lyfe 10-15-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaKC

Who the hell would pass up Santonio Holmes at that spot?

Frankie 10-15-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf

That last name is vaguely familiar. Good name for the Chiefs. Hope he can live up to it if we draft him.

milkman 10-15-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
If Vermeil stays on another year (god forbid) I don't want us taking another defensive linemen. Take a WR.

Otherwise, D-line all the way. Probably defensive tackle.

Hell, I'd be willing to trade our whole draft away if it gauranteed that Dick doesn't come back.

Tribal Warfare 10-15-2005 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
We should draft in this order next year:

RD 3. I think Jordan Black can be a fine player, not a Willie Roaf. I do have more confidence in him than I do in Sammie Parker, or Lional Dalton, John Browning. OT remains a concern, I still think OT doesnt outweigh our weaknesses at DT, and WR. DT and WR are GLARING weaknesses on this team, and we need to address them in the draft, or free agency next year.

I disagree with this statement Black is a backup RT at best he doesn't have the feet , or the power to play LT. He was owned by Trevor Pryce and Jevon Kearse to hang in the NFL you have to hang with the best, and Jordan can't plain and simple.

Therefore, I believe it's imperative to obtain a top flight OL in the draft, and their's no indication that will be available in FA. For this fact I would suspect that KC will go for Marcus McNeil out of Auburn a or Jonathan Scott OT for Texas.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2005 10:14 PM

I think Black is a solid starting RT. Not Pro Bowl material but good.

Mecca 10-15-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf

It's just about who you prefer, of Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes, Holmes is more polished. But Jacksons got more natural talent, he's got track type speed. Not to mention some draft sites love Jackson because he was something like the 2nd best rated player coming out of high school.

HolmeZz 10-15-2005 10:23 PM

Chad's got more height too.

HolmeZz 10-15-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Count me in as well. A complete D-Line overhaul. Whats sad is, at least the Chiefs have tried, but have failed. Sims, Freeman, Dalton, Siavii.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mecca 10-15-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Chad's got more height too.

I think either one of those guys would be a perfect fit for the offense we're currently running. Question is well, will we still be running this same offense next year?

HolmeZz 10-15-2005 10:43 PM

Santonio's probably a guy who benefits more from a particular system. I think Chad could be good in most offenses.

Mecca 10-15-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Santonio's probably a guy who benefits more from a particular system. I think Chad could be good in most offenses.

I agree with that. All I'll say about this is, considering the purge of players this team will go through after this year. They should be looking to take the best players regardless of position. There are going to be alot of holes and it will be time to start the rebuilding phase. We aren't going to be 1 or 2 positions away where you target this guy at this position for your board.