ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Alex Smith = Franchise QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255067)

The Bad Guy 01-14-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8295626)
This game was a marker.

But he did come big late in a couple of games during the season, most notably against the Lions in Detroit.

And against the Eagles in Philly.

It's amazing what great, truly great coaching can do.

Guy has had talent all along, but the coaching has sucked. I've been beating his drum all year. I like his game, a lot.

The word franchise QB gets thrown around like the term super model. Who gives a shit. The guy is 1 win away from playing in the SB.

16 months ago, he was getting destroyed by the Chiefs and didn't look at all like someone who could lead their flag football team to a title.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 49ers won the SB this year.

KChiefer 01-14-2012 09:28 PM

With that Defense? Sure.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8296204)
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 49ers won the SB this year.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but has a rookie NFL HC ever won a title?

kcxiv 01-14-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8295672)
What this proves is a team can win with a solid running game and defense with an average qb.So people need to stop overreacting over Cassel.No hes not Brady he dose not need to be just serviceable.Some of you just bash Cassel because its the thing to do.But anyway I don`t care bash him hes earned it.That being said I still want Stanzi starting in 2012.

hmmm.. sometimes on this site you have to wonder if people actually watch the sport. lol
That or he's like L.A Chieftain and is trolling

Mojo Rising 01-14-2012 09:37 PM

Alex Smith has always been inaccurate. Look at the drops today and most were high and behind the wr.

Didn't Seifert win a SB in his first year? Switzer?

ChiefsCountry 01-14-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8296284)
I'm too lazy to look it up, but has a rookie NFL HC ever won a title?

George Siefert
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic 01-14-2012 10:01 PM

Eric007 might actually be a reerun. And if that's the case, I am terribly sorry. But from everything I've seen him post there's something wrong upstairs.

Brock 01-14-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8296466)
Eric007 might actually be a reerun. And if that's the case, I am terribly sorry. But from everything I've seen him post there's something wrong upstairs.

I've suspected that, and I try to leave him alone as much as possible.

KCrockaholic 01-14-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8296473)
I've suspected that, and I try to leave him alone as much as possible.

Ok. Like I said, If that's the case I truly am sorry. I will leave him alone as well just in case.

Rasputin 01-14-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8295974)
It doesn't matter. He's still a ****ing bust.

He wasn't a bust today.

RealSNR 01-15-2012 12:17 AM

Alex Smith is a clunky mother. He's got hints of Cassel in his shitty wind-up and horrific inaccuracy on 5-10 yard stunts. When Smith went into checkdown mode for a large part of the middle of the game, you could have put him in a #7 Chiefs jersey and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between Matt Cassel and Alex Smith.

Where he differs from Cassel is his arm and his guts in the pocket. He's tough, and isn't afraid to take hits. Neither is Cassel, but Cassel lets incoming pain affect his delivery and decision making. Smith will hang tough like Roethlisberger and brush it off.

Congrats to Alex Smith, and congrats to the 49ers. Between Smith and Kaepernick, they should be able to find at least one great player who can get coached up by Harbaugh into something special. But let's hold off on the franchise label. Clunky QBs who suck for portions of the game until they need to be good have to prove it in championships, not just playoff wins. Because they look like absolute ****ing garbage on the field.

Sorter 01-15-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8295573)
I think people dismiss the idea far too easily.

I've always said a franchise QB is defined by what he does when it matters most.

Smith came up huge on not one, but two drives, late in the game when it mattered the most.

This. Alex Smith was great today in the last 4 minutes of the game. It seems he finally grew into what he was expected to be. However, this could be a sign of whats to come or an aberration. How he performs in the next week will show what he is truly made of IMO. I was surprised though that the 49ers failed throughout the game to utilize blitz-beaters such as sluggos and slants from Davis and from the slot early in the game.

scho63 01-15-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 8295862)
JFC because of 1 game? Alex Smith has been a total bust. And he's still a bust after this playoff win.

He may not be living up to his potential but how the hell is a guy supposed to develop to his potential when he had to deal with 7 different Offensive coordinators in 7 years???

That is crazy :banghead: instability for anyone.

How would you like to deal with 7 different bosses at your job for seven straight years with 7 different ideas of the best way to do things???

chagrin 01-15-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk (Post 8295530)
I think He'll be OK.. However without NO 5 turnovers today, i dont think the 9ers would have won

ROFL this insight reminds me of Dan Reeves back when he coached the GIANTS saying to his players, "If it weren't for that 7 game losing streak we'd be undefeated"

okcchief 01-15-2012 07:35 AM

He had to learn a new offensive scheme every year he was in the league. I knew that held him back but I still didn't think he had this in him. My wife is a Niners fan and I have a couple of friends that are Niners fans. I've said all year they were like a 90's Chiefs team. The 13-3 record was VERY familiar. I said when you get to the playoffs you'll finally realize OH ****! Our QB is Alex Smith. Kudos to him for performing in crunch time. **** all past Chiefs QBs that shit down their legs.