ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269415)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9358761)
I hate going groc. shopping. Cannot buy enough on 150 bucks to make it last, does not fill up the grocery cart like it use too.

I'd like to do what they do on extreme shopping with coupons. How do they do it? They can buy 300 to 400 dollars worth of stuff and spend $13.00 for it all some times even getting a refund :eek:

It is a TON of work, but almost anyone can do it. A lot of times they have to spend more than that to get their hands on all of those coupons. It's more than a full time job. I'm cheap enough I looked into it. Wasn't worth all my time though.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9358764)
My only source of income this year is financial aid reimbursement and tax return. I is sad.

At least it's tax time. How long until you're done with school?

Easy 6 01-28-2013 02:49 PM

Its put a pretty good hurt on the big ticket retail world here, three of the five biggest employers in this town have closed or moved in the last two years (two manufacturing, one mental health care).

If we werent partially shielded by the local ag economy, this town wouldnt even exist anymore.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9358769)
Its put a pretty good hurt on the big ticket retail world here, three of the five biggest employers in this town have closed or moved in the last two years (two manufacturing, one mental health care).

If we werent partially shielded by the local ag economy, this town wouldnt even exist anymore.

Damn. That's a shame. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Setsuna 01-28-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9358767)
At least it's tax time. How long until you're done with school?

Maybe another year and a half. I tutor on the side as well. But I can't get enough constituents at the price I want for it to be anything worth more than gas money.

RunKC 01-28-2013 03:05 PM

being a recent college grad, it's tough out there. Making $13 an hour is ****ing bullshit when you have a degree and have student loans.

Hope the economy picks up. Sucks being poor after all that work.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9358712)
You had to know that was coming though, right? I mean its not like that was a surprise.

Me, I'm doing pretty well, but it hasn't kept up with the capital outlay or the ****ing stress I'm under. That has increased much more than my net income.

My wife's job (catholic school) dumped their insurance so that's a hefty sum every month. Taxes are an ever looming problem of which I shouldn't be too bad but I'm epic boned next year.

And really most of my business improvement is contingent on a couple decisions I made with some prompting from my dad. I made some decent decisions outside of that, but most of the bump is from his prompting. If I'd have stayed the same as last year I'd be crying like a bitch.

But like most business owners, I see the missed opportunities and the things I could have done better.

Surprise, no.

Discouraging, yes.

Braincase 01-28-2013 03:14 PM

Best I've done since 1999.

loochy 01-28-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9358761)
I hate going groc. shopping. Cannot buy enough on 150 bucks to make it last, does not fill up the grocery cart like it use too.

I'd like to do what they do on extreme shopping with coupons. How do they do it? They can buy 300 to 400 dollars worth of stuff and spend $13.00 for it all some times even getting a refund :eek:

I've noticed a LOT that people at the grocery store will by not very much at all and it will come to $100. When I was a sacker back in high school $100 would fill up the whole cart.

I buy as much as I can in bulk at costco (if its not something that will spoil).

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9358788)
Maybe another year and a half. I tutor on the side as well. But I can't get enough constituents at the price I want for it to be anything worth more than gas money.

Good luck brutha. You working toward something that you're passionate about, something that will pay you, or both?

htismaqe 01-28-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9358810)
being a recent college grad, it's tough out there. Making $13 an hour is ****ing bullshit when you have a degree and have student loans.

Hope the economy picks up. Sucks being poor after all that work.

I started out of college at $8 an hour. Stick with it, you'll be fine.

Easy 6 01-28-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9358779)
Damn. That's a shame. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Many thanks, you Sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Rasputin 01-28-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9358837)
I've noticed a LOT that people at the grocery store will by not very much at all and it will come to $100. When I was a sacker back in high school $100 would fill up the whole cart.

I buy as much as I can in bulk at costco (if its not something that will spoil).

This is the part that is killing me the most. I'm lucky to pay my bills, but when it comes too buying groceries I hate getting to the point having to put things back because I can't afford it. Your right you just don't get very much for $100 bucks anymore. The gas bill and electric bill are bad enough damn.

I learned that an economy heater that you plug in makes the electric bill go sky rocket OUCH. Lesson learned not to use plug in heaters to help with lowering the gas bill. Does not work out in a good way.

Setsuna 01-28-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9358850)
Good luck brutha. You working toward something that you're passionate about, something that will pay you, or both?

Thanks buddy. Well it is math related which I am really, really good at. Anything I'm good at I like. And it pays well I believe. Ever heard of an actuary?

ndws 01-28-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9358588)
We have been pretty good in the wallet, but now we suddenly really could use a new house (need an extra room in about 6 more months incubation time). The economy/housing market is likely going to come into play trying to sell the current house.

Same here. We have one coming in June. Trying to get the bathroom remodeled and everything situated and ready before then. Ours was a slow remodel of the home that suddenly got expedited starting in October (apparently beer for me and vodka for her = high motility and egg migration).

I'm in IT, my paycheck is ok, nothing great but it pays the bills. She teaches, so again, its ok but we aren't going to retire by 40, thats for sure.

Once we get past the remodel bills, the hatchling bills, and square up on some of our previous debt, we'll dig ourselves back in with a new car purchase. The interest goblins keep coming back, over and over and over again.