ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This guy guarantees a Chiefs loss this week (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251386)

Lzen 10-18-2011 07:31 AM

This guy guarantees a Chiefs loss this week

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...lose-in-week-7

NFL: 5 Teams Guaranteed to Lose in Week 7

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2011 07:33 AM

Anyone who picks a team QB'd by Kyle Boller in a huge rivalry game a guarenteed win is a got damned moron.

InChiefsHeaven 10-18-2011 07:41 AM

He's right about one thing, all Oakland really has is McFadden. I think we'll be able to contain him. The bigger problem for KC is our offense...as usual. I think we have a good chance, but it's the Raiders in Oakland and we don't have a great road track record. The Colts are not the Raiders.

CaliforniaChief 10-18-2011 07:54 AM

We play the Raiders much better there than we do at Arrowhead. For all its reputation, that crap hole really isn't that tough of a place to play in.

TEX 10-18-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8003417)
He's right about one thing, all Oakland really has is McFadden. I think we'll be able to contain him. The bigger problem for KC is our offense...as usual. I think we have a good chance, but it's the Raiders in Oakland and we don't have a great road track record. The Colts are not the Raiders.

Yep and they also have all that SPEED at WR. I look at the game last year in Oakland and think that KC could have easily won and ended it by halftime, but still managed to lose. So, I don't like their chances of winning out there.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8003438)
Yep and they also have all that SPEED at WR. I look at the game last year in Oakland and think that KC could have easily won and ended it by halftime, but still managed to lose. So, I don't like their chances of winning out there.

The "Zebras" taking away a couple of TD's on lame brain calls was the only reason Oakland was in the game.

TEX 10-18-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8003445)
The "Zebras" taking away a couple of TD's on lame brain calls was the only reason Oakland was in the game.

That and and a Cassel Pick in the end zone right before halftime and a D- Bowe drop for a first down late in the 4th quarter. Still, we let FKN Jamarcus Russel beat us - and he hadn't even completed a pass until that last drive...:shake: (I'm an IDIOT - Forgot that JM wasn't on the team BUT the point remains the same)

Back to your point - it was like the light switch was turned on and in a 3 minute stretch the refs said, "we're gonna even things up". I remember that KC got a return called back for a phantom block in the back early in the game. (Announcers said as much). Then Oakland returns a kick to start the 2nd half, clear HOLD (WWF TAKE DOWN) right in front of the refs, and NO CALL. I didn't get worked up because it was sooooo blatent and figured that it was coming back. I was absolutely shocked when I didn't see the flag. (Announcers were as well)

Still - having said that. KC could have won if D-Bowe catches that first down catch on 4th down late in the game. He was wide open and Cassel put it between the numbers. Drop...:banghead:
If we managed to lose THAT one, we can lose any. Maybe Karma will be on our side this year???

KurtCobain 10-18-2011 08:11 AM

Jamarcus russell wasnt on their team last year, tex.

Nzoner 10-18-2011 08:15 AM

Alrighty then,I'm going to empty my savings and fly to Vegas.

In all seriousness though I can't really put up a strong argument with any of his 5 picks but I will gurantee that one of those 5 dogs will win their game. :)

TEX 10-18-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 8003467)
Jamarcus russell wasnt on their team last year, tex.

Yep - I'm an IDIOT and rembered that after I typed it. We still let a QB beat us who hadn't completed a pass all game until the last drive.

Mama Hip Rockets 10-18-2011 10:57 AM

I made a jersey bet for Monday with a student of mine who is a Raiders fan. Please don't let me down, Chiefs.

talastan 10-18-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8003417)

Something isn't right with the universe when I read this quote. :shake:

Caseyguyrr 10-18-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 8003908)
I made a jersey bet for Monday with a student of mine who is a Raiders fan. Please don't let me down, Chiefs.

what kind

RustShack 10-18-2011 05:57 PM

Not if Jackie Battle and Jonathan Baldwin have anything to do with it!

Chiefs Pantalones 10-18-2011 05:58 PM

Everyone seems to think the Raiders will stomp the Chiefs. John Clayton said that Hue Jackson can do a good enough coaching job to beat the Chiefs without a good QB. So Hue Jackson is Belichick now? lol. They very well could beat us handily. But that's why they play the games. FWIW, Hue Jackson just officially became a Raider by making the dumbest move so far in this decade.