ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   All I really desire is freedom FROM religion. - No offense has been intended (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154249)

Logical 12-12-2006 02:48 AM

All I really desire is freedom FROM religion. - No offense has been intended

I think some here misunderstand my intent as being a hater of people who are believers. If you have been around a long time you would have seen me defend many different religious types from the bigotry of so called Christians.

I personally believe there is a creator(s) but I also suffer from the illogical nature of the idea where did they come from?

So being as we are approaching a religious season for most religions I select this time to apologize for any hurt I may have caused any of the posters on this BB who mean well.

This is a thread not intended to stir the shit so hopefully it can stay in the Lounge.

007 12-12-2006 03:00 AM

Hey Vlad. No offense here. To each their own. The way it always should be.

oaklandhater 12-12-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Hey Vlad. No offense here. To each their own. The way it always should be.

I also agree to each his own but some ppl on the Planet make fun of religion just to be an ass Cough Gochiefs cough.

ClevelandBronco 12-12-2006 03:20 AM

What a relief. We've been waiting 2,000 years or so for your approval. I guess we can go global now.

Logical 12-12-2006 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco
What a relief. We've been waiting 2,000 years or so for your approval. I guess we can go global now.

Thanks rookie Donx fan, today you are a man.

KCChiefsMan 12-12-2006 04:31 AM

I just don't like 90% of church people, at least the ones I've encountered. they are self-centered, judgemental and very inconsiderate people.........for every 1,000 "church people" that I've encountered, 900 of them are terrible/stupid/a$$hole people.

Fairplay 12-12-2006 04:40 AM

As long as your interests, don't conflict my interests.

007 12-12-2006 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I just don't like 90% of church people, at least the ones I've encountered. they are self-centered, judgemental and very inconsiderate people.........for every 1,000 "church people" that I've encountered, 900 of them are terrible/stupid/a$$hole people.

Glad I will fall in the 100 you will like then.

KcMizzou 12-12-2006 04:54 AM

Quote:

The fact is, the people who aren't like that, you don't notice. You only notice the pushy ones.

KcMizzou 12-12-2006 05:11 AM

I don't know what I believe, to be honest. I dont think we spawned out of the sludge by mere coincidence... yet, I also find it highly doubtful that's someone's sitting upstairs pulling all the strings.

The thought that there's nothing else after this... that it just ends... scares the shit out of me. I guess in the end, I try not to think about it much.

I try to "do the right thing", not because I'm worried about punishment in the afterlife, but because it's how I hope everyone will behave. We need guidelines, of course. I figure if I live my life as a basically good person, other people will generally be good to me.

I hope there's an afterlife, and I hope that it will be good to me too. I also hope it's not that hard to get in... because I dont really have much faith... just hope.

Taco John 12-12-2006 05:20 AM

We banned GoChiefs for a month last year after he made some horrible crack at Jesus about a week before Christmas. I don't remember what it was... I want to say it was something about being molested in the manger or something. Hell I don't know. That doesn't sound right. It was terrible though. Man, oh Man did I get some complaints about that one.

oaklandhater 12-12-2006 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John
We banned GoChiefs for a month last year after he made some horrible crack at Jesus about a week before Christmas. I don't remember what it was... I want to say it was something about being molested in the manger or something. Hell I don't know. That doesn't sound right. It was terrible though. Man, oh Man did I get some complaints about that one.

Gochiefs acts has if he is Above every one who believes in religion.

chagrin 12-12-2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

judgemental...that I've encountered, 900 of them are terrible/stupid/a$$hole people.

Pot and kettle dude :shake:

plbrdude 12-12-2006 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin
Pot and kettle dude :shake:

quite observant there

chagrin 12-12-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plbrdude
quite observant there

I don't know, it's just that I hear that garbage all the time, it's the age old argument for someone who gets a bad taste from some over-zealous of maybe misguided Christian.

It's almost like a chapter in the Atheist Debator's Handbook (which I owned at one point in my life actually) the crux of their argument is "well, you can't see Jesus, how do you know he's there...you can't prove it..."

same ole same ole. Or they meet 15 "church people" of the same nature, or a church girl denies them a date, and all of the sudden all "church people" or Christians are jerks - we are all hypocrites in some ways.