ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Knuckleheads Saloon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285072)

Strongside 07-18-2014 08:57 AM

Knuckleheads Saloon

Anyone been there? I've lived in the River Market for the past 2 years and don't know how I didn't know about this gem. Some friends and I saw Cody Canada of Cross Canadian Ragweed there last night and I was blown away. It felt like I was back in South Louisiana at a coonass honky-tonk. It's in a shit neighborhood in the East Bottoms and you literally feel transported to another time/place. They also had $3 24 ounce cans, which was the cheapest beer per ounce I've drank in a bar since my college days.

If you haven't been, I highly recommend checking out a show!

Radar Chief 07-18-2014 08:58 AM

Oh Hell yea. Been there several times, going back in August to see Imelda May.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-18-2014 08:59 AM

Love that place.

Fish 07-18-2014 09:04 AM

Knuckleheads is awesome. They have some amazing Blues shows there. Neighborhood can be a little intimidating.

KCUnited 07-18-2014 09:06 AM

I've been a couple times. I saw David Allen Coe there a few years ago.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-18-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10752631)
Knuckleheads is awesome. They have some amazing Blues shows there. Neighborhood can be a little intimidating.

I think the Clubhouse for the Galloping Goose used to be right around the corner from Knuckleheads.... ya it's not the best of areas, but that's part of what makes the experience great, IMO.

Strongside 07-18-2014 09:12 AM

Also near there is the Local Pig, which is a damn good butcher shop. They also have a new sandwich place outside called Pigwich that is ****ing awesome.

KC Dan 07-18-2014 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great place and an awesome mural across the street by our very own StevieRay!

gblowfish 07-18-2014 09:31 AM

Knuckleheads is a KC treasure. Great venue. It's cool that the trains go by right behind it and sometimes affect the show. My good pal Mr. Doggity sells BBQ from his BBQ rig there for many shows. He was there for Merle Haggard, Paul Thorn, John Hiatt and The Mavericks among others. They use his BBQ sauce in the kitchen all the time.

Stewie 07-18-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10752709)
Knuckleheads is a KC treasure. Great venue. It's cool that the trains go by right behind it and sometimes affect the show. My good pal Mr. Doggity sells BBQ from his BBQ rig there for many shows. He was there for Merle Haggard, Paul Thorn, John Hiatt and The Mavericks among others. They use his BBQ sauce in the kitchen all the time.

Are they still around? I saw them when they opened for The Neville Brothers at the old Grand Emporium. That was a great night of music.

gblowfish 07-18-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10752734)
Are they still around? I saw them when they opened for The Neville Brothers at the old Grand Emporium. That was a great night of music.

The Mavericks played Knuck's just a few weeks ago. Knuck's has had a terrific lineup this summer. Hayes Carll is playing there this week. They book wonderful acts, and it's an intimate venue. And yeah, you can guy a big can of ice cold PBR for $3. Great Deal!

Nzoner 07-18-2014 09:45 AM

Great venue,saw Watermelon Slim play there on New year's Eve some years ago.

gblowfish 07-18-2014 09:46 AM

Here's their website:
http://www.knuckleheadshonkytonk.com/

Kansas City Kid 07-18-2014 09:47 AM

I saw "Four Fried Chickens and a Coke" there......cool place. Going to see CAKE at Grinders in September too! Another cool outside concert place.

Radar Chief 07-18-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10752743)
The Mavericks played Knuck's just a few weeks ago. Knuck's has had a terrific lineup this summer. Hayes Carll is playing there this week. They book wonderful acts, and it's an intimate venue. And yeah, you can guy a big can of ice cold PBR for $3. Great Deal!

Except that PBR is flatulence in a can. Good lord that stuff gives me gas.