ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life A beautiful soul left home this evening. :( (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248484)

Easy 6 08-15-2011 05:10 PM

Sorry to heart that, you & Fariba hang in there for a few weeks, then go adopt another one.

Frankie 09-13-2011 08:41 PM

Sorry to bring back this thread, but this is interesting. Our other kitty, Puya, came down two week ago with something called Nonobstructive Idiopatic Interstitial Cystitis. He is depressed and doesn't want to eat or drink!

Turns out they don't exactly know what causes this in cats but they think it comes from kitty being distressed. It's supposed to hopefully go away after a few weeks. The vet gave us a questioner to determine the changes in the cat's life that might have caused stress. The only applicable condition: "Death or departure of a pet family member!"

In short, Puya is mourning Sammy!!! :(

JD10367 09-13-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7907028)
Sorry to bring back this thread, but this is interesting. Our other kitty, Puya, came down two week ago with something called Nonobstructive Idiopatic Interstitial Cystitis. He is depressed and doesn't want to eat or drink!

Turns out they don't exactly know what causes this in cats but they think it comes from kitty being distressed. It's supposed to hopefully go away after a few weeks. The vet gave us a questioner to determine the changes in the cat's life that might have caused stress. The only applicable condition: "Death or departure of a pet family member!"

In short, Puya is mourning Sammy! :(

Did the questionnaire start with, "Did you have your TV set to the Chiefs/Bills game this past Sunday, with the cat in the room?"

Frankie 09-13-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7907032)
Did the questionnaire start with, "Did you have your TV set to the Chiefs/Bills game this past Sunday, with the cat in the room?"

LMAO

No, his predates the game by a week and a half. But interestingly I have to now consult the vet about my own Nonobstructive something something.

TEX 09-13-2011 09:54 PM

Sorry to hear that...Best of luck during this period for you guys.

kysirsoze 09-13-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7907032)

LMAO

bevischief 09-14-2011 04:51 AM

sorry for your loss.

memyselfI 09-14-2011 05:45 AM

So sorry to hear about Sammy. Hope your kitten feels better soon. I took my cat months to get over the death of our dog. He's with her now.

InChiefsHeaven 09-14-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7907028)

In short, Puya is mourning Sammy!!! :(

We had to put our dog (ironically named Sammy) down last year. She was a great dog, a foxhound\beagle mix. Our other dog, Tika, is a chihuahua. For weeks, Tika (who never lasted long on a walk around the block) was walking very determined, like she was looking for something. IMO, she was looking for Sammy.

I'm not some sappy "animals are just like humans" person, but I do understand what they mean to us and how they are almost like family. The worst part about buying an animal is you pretty much KNOW it is going to die. Last year we got another dog. But nothing will replace Sammy.

Take care man.

vailpass 09-14-2011 08:34 AM

Ugliest cat I've ever seen

Frankie 09-14-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 7907221)
Sorry to hear that...Best of luck during this period for you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 7907476)
sorry for your loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7907489)
So sorry to hear about Sammy. Hope your kitten feels better soon. I took my cat months to get over the death of our dog. He's with her now.

Thanks. Sammy was very very special.

Frankie 09-14-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7907491)
We had to put our dog (ironically named Sammy) down last year. She was a great dog, a foxhound\beagle mix. Our other dog, Tika, is a chihuahua. For weeks, Tika (who never lasted long on a walk around the block) was walking very determined, like she was looking for something. IMO, she was looking for Sammy.

That's exactly how Puya's current condition started! For two days before his condition he was looking all around the house looking for something. He would sit in front of every close door looking at it for about an hour. It was strange. I think it was just starting to dawn on him that Sammy may never come back.

Chiefnj2 09-14-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7908052)
That's exactly how Puya's current condition started! For two days before his condition he was looking all around the house looking for something. He would sit in front of every close door looking at it for about an hour. It was strange. I think it was just starting to dawn on him that Sammy may never come back.

That's exactly why you should have fed Sammy to Puya. This way the cat isn't confused, just full.

Frankie 09-14-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7908056)
That's exactly why you should have fed Sammy to Puya. This way the cat isn't confused, just full.

:$2500:

NinerDoug 01-23-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 7826296)
Cats suck. I'm sorry but it's true. Example? Mr Jinks, he didn't give a damn about that wedding. Sylvester, has been terrorizing that poor mouse for decades. All he wants is some cheese. The mouse has got to eat too. Cats the musical? Queers. Crazy.

Tweety Bird, wasn't it?

You might be thinking of Tom and Jerry.