ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Star demands the Chiefs stop the chop (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326387)

Tribal Warfare 11-01-2019 04:51 PM

****in Jeff Rosen, this mother****er needs to be fired

DaFace 11-01-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14567457)
****in Jeff Rosen, this mother****er needs to be fired

Rosen isn't a member of the editorial board.

Tribal Warfare 11-01-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14567459)
Rosen isn't a member of the editorial board.

He must support it or it wouldn't have gone through such a guise of anonymity since the unapologetic and venomous character assassination wasn't recieved well when Rosen refused to retract his reporters accusations.

FloridaMan88 11-01-2019 05:03 PM

Probably the best thing would be to counter the KC Star’s real motive with this editorial (click bait/attention) by not giving them the web traffic they so desperately want.

Kiimo 11-01-2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14567451)
I’m not against the Chop. But it is curious that the Chiefs have been slowly toning down the Native American imagery for awhile now......and then they install the drum deck thing....

I'm not against the chop other than it is not original and makes us look like wannabe florida state fans which I AM hyper sensitive about.

I think the chop should go away but not because it is offensive. It isn't offensive. Most native americans that I interact with have zero problem with the Chiefs name or the chop. They dislike the Redskins and Cleveland Indians though. For good reason Chief Wahoo is a straight up 1940s racist caricature

DaFace 11-01-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14567471)
He must support it or it wouldn't have gone through such a guise of anonymity since his unapologetic and venomous character assassination wasn't recieved well when refused to retract his reporters accusations.

This article is dumb, and he might like it, but that doesn't change the fact that he has nothing to do with it. It's like bitching about the door greeter at Walmart because there was a spill in the grocery section he didn't take care of.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2019 05:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIUt8FKX...ng&name=medium

Deberg_1990 11-01-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14567477)
I'm not against the chop other than it is not original and makes us look like wannabe florida state fans which I AM hyper sensitive about.

I think the chop should go away but not because it is offensive. It isn't offensive. Most native americans that I interact with have zero problem with the Chiefs name or the chop. They dislike the Redskins and Cleveland Indians though. For good reason Chief Wahoo is a straight up 1940s racist caricature

The controversy is dumb. Nobody should be telling fans how to be a fan or to celebrate.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-01-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14566702)
It's funny reading all the "outrage culture" blasting while nearly everyone in here is outraged about this take by the Star. Truly hilarious.

Seriously.

"These mother****ing pussy ass bitch ****wad ****s are just teaching all the pussy kids in our pussy liberal schools to be SJW bitches. I'm ****ing outraged by somebody being offended by 70 thousand drunk rich tone-deaf white people chanting in the name of 'honoring' Native Americans." - 90% of CP

KCBOSS1 11-01-2019 05:34 PM

Some of these perpetually offended people groups don't represent all of their kind and are like people who are hyper touchy and offended at every compliment. Indians, Redskins, Chiefs, Vikings are a total compliment to Native Americans and the like... So is the tomahawk chop, war chant, drum beating.... etc. Stop accommodating these folks... there is no end to their offense.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-01-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 14567521)
Some of these perpetually offended people groups don't represent all of their kind and are like people who are hyper touchy and offended at every compliment. Indians, Redskins, Chiefs, Vikings are a total compliment to Native Americans and the like... So is the tomahawk chop, war chant, drum beating.... etc. Stop accommodating these folks... there is no end to their offense.

Seriously? You think Chief Wahoo and "Redskins" are compliments?

srvy 11-01-2019 05:41 PM

The chop looks more like a Karate chop to me. Oh shit a whole new race to be offended at Arrowhead.

notorious 11-01-2019 05:46 PM

I don't really give a shit about the chop. **** the bloody twats for being fake offended by it.

Kiimo 11-01-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14567517)
The controversy is dumb. Nobody should be telling fans how to be a fan or to celebrate.

You should celebrate by going to the game in blackface

Giant Octopodes 11-01-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets (Post 14567528)
Seriously? You think Chief Wahoo and "Redskins" are compliments?

Yes? I mean, mascots are things you are emulating, with desirable characteristics. No one wants to play for the Portland Butterflies, for example. To say that the "Redskins" are a portrayal of anything other than something fierce, strong, terrifying to face in battle, and something whose characteristics are to be strived for, is disingenuous. Now, one might argue it is dehumanizing since so many mascots are animals (real or mythical) but that's only if you believe the athletes are sub human, since again they're trying to emulate the desirable characteristics of the mascot in question.

Is it poorly implemented and clumsy, and potentially disrespectful to a culture who is much more than simply their warrior caste? Of course. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a compliment to the ferocity of their warrior caste.

If another nation, whether China, Russia, North Korea, or whatever, conquered and then genocided the folks of the United States, then later had the "Americans" as a sports team as a recognition of their ferocity in battle, the terrible thing there would be their genocide of the folks of the United States, not the name of their sports team. Do you get that? Do you really think that the Washington Sports Team named themselves after something they felt was to be mocked, as a way to make fun of themselves? It would be like Detroit naming their team the House Cats. Do you really feel that is what has happened here?