ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255936)

Bump 09-25-2012 10:48 PM

the fact they are wearing new clothing kinda bugs me. After 15 years I'd imagine all of the clothing stores would have been looted and unless they were all wrapped in plastic for 15 years, they wouldn't look brand new. Would have been better if they would have thought of that.

Buck 09-25-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8951489)
the fact they are wearing new clothing kinda bugs me. After 15 years I'd imagine all of the clothing stores would have been looted and unless they were all wrapped in plastic for 15 years, they wouldn't look brand new. Would have been better if they would have thought of that.

Exactly.

Just finished the episode and I gotta say I'm digging it even though it is goofy.

When I saw, "Randall is here." I got pretty excited because a bad guy named Randall can only be a reference to one person....and that person is Evil Incarnate.

notorious 09-25-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8951501)
Exactly.

Just finished the episode and I gotta say I'm digging it even though it is goofy.

When I saw, "Randall is here." I got pretty excited because a bad guy named Randall can only be a reference to one person....and that person is Evil Incarnate.

The Walking Dude?

I have not watched the recent episode of Revolution, but a "The Stand"-like series would be awesome.

kaplin42 09-26-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8932356)
just wait until they introduce the numbers.

After the computer in the pilot episode, I thought the exact same thing. Seems like every show is just trying to recreate Lost.

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8951546)
After the computer in the pilot episode, I thought the exact same thing. Seems like every show is just trying to recreate Lost.

Especially when it's created and produced by the same people.

Alcatraz was the same exact way earlier this year. They kept referring to "The Island", had flashbacks, a "scheme", time travel, etc.

**** all of them for ****ing up Season Six of Lost, especially that dickfoot Lindelof.

cookster50 09-26-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8951382)
Was that a cattle prod?

That works, but they can't generate a spark to run an internal combustion engine?

He had a special locket also.

Deberg_1990 09-26-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8951489)

yea, and what about personal hygiene? Hair, makeup, etc......

OmahaChief 09-26-2012 07:15 AM

Enjoyed the 2nd Ep. It is keeping me intererested but I am a sucker for these types of shows. Would have liked to see them loot the bodies of the people they killed though, just to make it more realistic. You just don't leave shoes, boots and the like laying around.

Frazod 09-26-2012 03:26 PM

I think I'm cured. I have absolutely no desire to continue watching this now.

Thank God.

Baby Lee 09-26-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8932322)
There is fire but combustion engines don't work?

The pessimist in me has me thinking that the writers don't know that fire from friction involves the same electro-magnetic mechanisms as a spark plug, and that those same electro-magnetic mechanisms keep molecules, and all of matter together.

If energy itself ceased to exist. Everything would cool to 0K and individual atoms would just wander aimlessly through space.

Ceej 09-26-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8952824)

Thank God.

This doesn't sound very promising.

I've not been able to watch a series (other than Walking Dead) in a long, long time.

There isn't much out there that grabs me.

:shrug:

Frazod 09-26-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8952915)
This doesn't sound very promising.

I've not been able to watch a series (other than Walking Dead) in a long, long time.

There isn't much out there that grabs me.

:shrug:

There are only a handful of network shows left that I watch, and I doubt if I'd watch any of them if it wasn't for the wife. The only shows I record on my own are Archer, Game of Thrones, Burn Notice, Spartacus and Pawn Stars.

Buck 09-26-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8952824)

Thank God.

Although it's not very good, I think it's better than any SyFy series that has come out since BSG ended.

Frazod 09-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8953155)
Although it's not very good, I think it's better than any SyFy series that has come out since BSG ended.

That's just not enough. It's basically a watered down Postman turned into a series with a silly gimmick, starring models with perfect teeth and hair and designer clothes. If it catches on, it will meander around for years annoying me more and more until it wraps up with a ****tarded ending that will make me want to shoot my TV.

If I want to be annoyed by something on TV, I already have the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz 09-26-2012 07:48 PM

Girl is annoying

reminds me a little bit of jericho