ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tom Heckert: Likely new GM... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268409)

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9274889)
Factually incorrect... Fat Scott hasn't upgraded the roster.

This analysis comes from people who look at the roster and see the 5 Pro Bowl players, without understanding that 4 of those 5 Pro Bowl players were on the roster BEFORE Fat Scott arrived.

I'm not saying whether it's correct or not, I'm just relaying what Bedard said he HEARD from "around the league" (whatever that means).

FWIW.

Monty 01-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9274975)
Pioli ****ing SUCKS. He's decimated this roster, hired shit coach after shit coach and is a ****ing tyrant.

**** Pioli. **** 'em hard and **** 'em dry.

:toast:

Amnorix 01-03-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9274967)
Pioli is dead to this fanbase, he's done.

Believe me, I've heard. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9274973)
Dude, people here with direct knowledge of the situation are saying that Pioli is done here in KC.

Ok. I haven't seen those quotes, but I have no reason to think otherwise. It's definitely possible that Reid sweeps him out. Again, I was relaying what non-Chiefs sources were saying. If you have inside sources, then I'd go with them. If you have a bunch of sportswriters speculating, then I've given you more speculation.

ChiTown 01-03-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274789)
I tend to think Pioli would be out, but at least one person close to the Patriots speculated that Pioli might survive if Reid joins KC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...tball-thoughts

It really comes down to whether Reid thinks Pioli is a good talent evaluator and can work with (and under) Reid in the same way he worked with (and under) Belichick. Another Boston sportswriter, Greg Bedard (who is relatively new to Boston and is not a Patriots toady) said on sports radio last week that "if you ask around the league, the general consensus is that he has upgraded the talent in Kansas City and has done a pretty good job with that roster, though obviously he has missed in the critical coach and quarterback spots" (not a direct quote, but very, very close).

Not what you guys want to hear, I know, but that's what I've been hearing up here anyway.

ROFL - JFC, that is border-line reeruned.

Frosty 01-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9275039)
ROFL - JFC, that is border-line reeruned.

Imagine that - some Patriots ballwashers still think Pioli is good. Color me shocked. :rolleyes:

the Talking Can 01-03-2013 02:45 PM

patriot way dead-enders....

pioli is another fraud that got exposed the second he moved out of brady's zipcode...

htismaqe 01-03-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274962)
You guys are acting like if Pioli doesn't get the sword TODAY then the Chiefs are screwed.

Actually, I was trying to tell the people that think he needs to get the sword today to CALM DOWN.

The Chiefs aren't screwed. Pioli had 100% full control for 4 years, Reid needs to pick his brain.

Take a couple of weeks. Suck as much info as you can and then kick him to the curb before the scouting combine.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9274575)
I'm good with Heckert until proven otherwise. Some of the Cleveland moves were questionable but I'm sure that Mike Holmgren had serious input as well.

The best part is that Reid, his staff and Heckert all work well together, which is more than half the battle.

I agree with you, especially on the last sentence. CLE really wasn't a bad team at the end of the year, relatively speaking anyway. I actually think they are going somewhat up. The issue is going to be Weeden.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9274947)
I think if Andy Reid thinks Pioli is a good talent evaluator...

Okay, just stop the **** RIGHT THERE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9274961)
unless reid is reeruned, he knows - like everyone else - that pioli is a cancer and a failure....

"hey clark, I'd like to hitch my future to that GM you hired who is responsible for creating a 2-14 team..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9274975)
Pioli ****ing SUCKS. He's decimated this roster, hired shit coach after shit coach and is a ****ing tyrant.

**** Pioli. **** 'em hard and **** 'em dry.

Most of all, get him the **** out of Kansas City.

Ahh....this.

Sully 01-03-2013 02:59 PM

Not a fan of the Weeden pick, but ok.

Ultra Peanut 01-03-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9274509)
Anybody > Pioli

"Vindication is sweet."
............................\
http://i.imgur.com/UJP9H.jpg

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9275146)

I chalk that one up to desperation, along with Greg Little.

NJChiefsFan 01-03-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9275146)

Rumors were he wanted to trade for RG3 but wouldn't match WAS. To be fair, WAS offered a lot.

BigMeatballDave 01-03-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9275062)
Actually, I was trying to tell the people that think he needs to get the sword today to CALM DOWN.

The Chiefs aren't screwed. Pioli had 100% full control for 4 years, Reid needs to pick his brain.

Take a couple of weeks. Suck as much info as you can and then kick him to the curb before the scouting combine.

This could even be part of a buyout agreement.

Hang out and assist in this transition and I'll add more cash.

Ultra Peanut 01-03-2013 03:02 PM

Make him drive the bus, imhop.

... okay, maybe putting the lives of ~70 people and god knows how many other drivers in his hands is probably a bad idea.