ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Is Aqib Talib the best DB in the NFL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276813)

Mav 09-30-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10034164)
Cool so you do what ESPN does and you fall in love with players after a game or two... That's sweet.

Im going to guess and GUESSING that Bambi is probably a JAYHAWKS fan.

Just trying to put two and two together.

Talib, Jayhawk, finding success.

Bambi 09-30-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10034164)
Cool so you do what ESPN does and you fall in love with players after a game or two... That's sweet.

Defensive backs come and go quick in the NFL. Revis, Sherman....maybe Peterson someday.

Cornerback has to be the most pressure filled position in all of sport.

It's amazing what these guys do.

Jerm 09-30-2013 12:11 AM

Sherman has done it for exactly one season...lets not act like he's some 10 yr. All Pro every year some sort of vet.

Bambi 09-30-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10034167)
Im going to guess and GUESSING that Bambi is probably a JAYHAWKS fan.

Just trying to put two and two together.

Talib, Jayhawk, finding success.

You wouldn't want him over ANY of our defensive backfield?

Silock 09-30-2013 12:12 AM

No, he isn't he best. That doesn't take anything away from him, though. He's damn good. I wish we had him.

Mav 09-30-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10034172)
You wouldn't want him over ANY of our defensive backfield?

Well, as Im a browns fan first, KC supporter second, I can safely say that Yes, I would take Talib over Chris Owens, or Buster Skine. I can also say that no I would not take him over Joe Haden.

To the Chiefs, I think he would fit in amazingly well in the Sutton scheme. But you wont get me to tell you of which he would start over. I have too much respect for the job that Flowers, and Sean Smith have done.

And by the way. Im not detracting from Talib. I just know how it is to support a player from a college team you liked. I think Talib has all the talent in the world, always has.

I thought this was an educational friendly football discussion, not whether or not I would take him.

hell, ANYONE COULD OF HAD HIM. No one made him an offer.

Mav 09-30-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10034171)
Sherman has done it for exactly one season...lets not act like he's some 10 yr. All Pro every year some sort of vet.

Incorrect.

Sherman has been a beast this going on his 3rd year.

He was a complete menace in 2011, just last year, he destroyed everyone he faced.

This year, more of the same.

just because ESPN wasn't talking about him in 2011. People knew about him.

Jerm 09-30-2013 12:18 AM

Oh ok....TWO years....

Mav 09-30-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10034181)
Oh ok....TWO years....

not bad for a guy who has been in the league for just over two years lol.

Bambi 09-30-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10034177)
Well, as Im a browns fan first, KC supporter second, I can safely say that Yes, I would take Talib over Chris Owens, or Buster Skine. I can also say that no I would not take him over Joe Haden.

To the Chiefs, I think he would fit in amazingly well in the Sutton scheme. But you wont get me to tell you of which he would start over. I have too much respect for the job that Flowers, and Sean Smith have done.

And by the way. Im not detracting from Talib. I just know how it is to support a player from a college team you liked. I think Talib has all the talent in the world, always has.

I thought this was an educational friendly football discussion, not whether or not I would take him.

hell, ANYONE COULD OF HAD HIM. No one made him an offer.

Well he's making 4.8 this year.

I would bet he'll be in the 8-9 per with a multi year deal once next year begins.

It's hard to make the Joe Haden comparison with the Brown never playing in primetime. But it should be interesting going forward.

Jerm 09-30-2013 12:23 AM

Look who he's playing around and the scheme...think he's the same player if he's in Jacksonville?

He's good but people need to chill out...

Mav 09-30-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10034187)
Well he's making 4.8 this year.

I would bet he'll be in the 8-9 per with a multi year deal once next year begins.

It's hard to make the Joe Haden comparison with the Brown never playing in primetime. But it should be interesting going forward.

HA. Enjoy Thursday night......

Bills, and Stevie Johnson, vs Joe Haden.....

Joe Haden absolutely made Aj Green irrelevant today......

Mav 09-30-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10034189)
Look who he's playing around and the scheme...think he's the same player if he's in Jacksonville?

He's good but people need to chill out...

That's a good point. But which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Both Browner, Earl Thomas, and Richard Sherman all came in within one year of each other. Earl being in the 2010 draft, Sherman in the 5th round of 2011, and Browner signed from Canada.

That's a good point.....

Bambi 09-30-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10034191)
HA. Enjoy Thursday night......

Bills, and Stevie Johnson, vs Joe Haden.....

Joe Haden absolutely made Aj Green irrelevant today......

I'll look forward to it. I'd be interested in seeing what the Browns have been up to.

I pull for them over Cinci.

CrazyPhuD 09-30-2013 12:26 AM

Only if he throws another Coon-O-Ween party....million dollar talent....two cent brain...which means he should self destruct soon.

http://www.pitch.com/binary/e298/131...oon-o-ween.jpg