ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Nightfyre 08-05-2012 06:34 PM

Hell, get Frenchy out of here with Yuni, especially if he's not being the perfect locker room presence.

Bowser 08-05-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8793558)
Hell, get Frenchy out of here with Yuni, especially if he's not being the perfect locker room presence.

Unpossible. GMDM is going to start an account here just to neg rep you.

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8793501)
Ned was quite comically aggressive in his postgame interview about sending Yuni packing. Too bad he's about 2 months too late. Frenchy brought up about Sisson being fired without being asked about it. Dudes on the radio kind of implied that Frenchy was behind his firing (2 team meetings in the last couple of days). Sounds like a bunch of finger pointing going on behind closed doors. Will Ned survive till next season?

In baseball culture, you have to be a bitch of epic proportions to put any blame on the first base coach, who might well be the most unnecessary "coach" in all of professional sports.

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8793575)
In baseball culture, you have to be a bitch of epic proportions to put any blame on the first base coach, who might well be the most unnecessary "coach" in all of professional sports.

Heh.

"Alright, you're on 1st base now."

"See the guy standing where you were just a moment ago?"

"Yeah, that's home plate."

"If he hits it, run to 2nd base"

BigMeatballDave 08-05-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8793558)

Hey, don't talk about Jr that way...

gblowfish 08-05-2012 09:30 PM

Dirty Sanchez....DFA then traded.
Pudgy Yuni.....DFAed.

Frenchy has to be next. Probably in the off season.

cabletech94 08-05-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8794047)
Dirty Sanchez....DFA then traded.
Pudgy Yuni.....DFAed.

Frenchy has to be next. Probably in the off season.

if we can get ANYTHING for yuni, that makes this a winning season. you know, besides our first base coach not being able to allow our batters to score enough runs to beat our opposition.

/still sarcasm after all this time.

Great Expectations 08-05-2012 09:44 PM

The first base coach should help read pickoff moves, and it seems like we've been picked off a bunch.

I also saw Sisson drop Frenchy's batting glove while handing it to the bat boy.

petegz28 08-05-2012 10:13 PM

Cracking up reading some of Rany's tweets.

BTW, we signed Yuni to back up Escobar, right? How many games did he play at SS this year? Meanwhile, Gio is sitting in the minor's while Yuni is playing 2nd and 3rd.

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8794061)
The first base coach should help read pickoff moves, and it seems like we've been picked off a bunch.

I also saw Sisson drop Frenchy's batting glove while handing it to the bat boy.

Yeah, the last line is probably legit.

First base coach's "job" is the biggest joke in professional sports. He yells "Back!" and you're not moving? You're ****ing out. Stupid, idiotic tradition that has yet to die for some reason.

"Our Time." /'14

JohnnyV13 08-05-2012 11:16 PM

http://thevirilview.com/royals/2012/...istracting-us/

Just what lies behind this sudden rash of moves by management?

ChiTown 08-05-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 (Post 8794220)
http://thevirilview.com/royals/2012/...istracting-us/

Just what lies behind this sudden rash of moves by management?

Probably just SPAM

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 11:24 PM

"Yost said the Royals want to see what they have in Abreu." (from the article in The Star)

Yeah, absolutely. Guy with a lesser line and who turns 28 this fall. Legit prospect.

DM, go **** yourself. Good idea not to call up the guy who is 25, actually of prospect age (but getting on the cusp) and has a better line (with a much stronger OBP). Dumb. Ass.

Bowser 08-05-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8794252)
"Yost said the Royals want to see what they have in Abreu." (from the article in The Star)

Yeah, absolutely. Guy with a lesser line and who turns 28 this fall. Legit prospect.

DM, go **** yourself. Good idea not to call up the guy who is 25, actually of prospect age (but getting on the cusp) and has a better line (with a much stronger OBP). Dumb. Ass.

The only thing I can think of, and it's pretty thin, is that DM is trying to get some exposure for the career AAAA guys we have in the minors, that someone, ANYone, might be interested and trade us their version of Sabathia.

That being said, Myers and Gio not being up here right now is not only a joke, but a borderline travesty.

DeezNutz 08-05-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8794274)
The only thing I can think of, and it's pretty thin, is that DM is trying to get some exposure for the career AAAA guys we have in the minors, that someone, ANYone, might be interested and trade us their version of Sabathia.

That being said, Myers and Gio not being up here right now is not only a joke, but a borderline travesty.

Our latest shitty Tony is just playing out the strand before he has to get a real job. I respect that; not mad at the kid.

However, I think it could be that we're trying to trade Gio before his trade value is completely shot. All the scouting buzz was that he could be, at least, an average 2B, so maybe we disagree with this? Perhaps we don't want him to be exposed and thus lose any and all value?

If my above suggestion does not play out, and we sit on Gio, don't trade him, yet have no real idea what he is...I don't want to read one person attempt to defend Dayton ****ing Moore.