ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Say Goodbye to Twinkies and Wonderbread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266679)

DrunkBassGuitar 11-17-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9124559)
I was thinking the mexican company bimbo would buy the brand and we get bimbo twinkies

bimbo apparently tried to buy them out but they said no

007 11-17-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9124563)
I for one hadn't realized until just this moment that an apple was healthier for you than a Twinkie. My whole world is turned upside down.

yes but the cream in a twinkie will help you survive a nuclear holocaust

Frazod 11-17-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

I for one hadn't realized until just this moment that an apple was healthier for you than a Twinkie. My whole world is turned upside down.

Next thing you know you'll only find women who are 5'11" and weigh 95 pounds attractive.

Simply Red 11-17-2012 01:44 AM

I hope Gates has a plan for their sandwiches and landing pads for their ribs.

ImAWalkingCorpse 11-17-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9124572)
Next thing you know you'll only find women who are 5'11" and weigh 95 pounds attractive.

Too fat/Omaha

Buehler445 11-17-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9124478)
I just started reading this thread and saw this and decided to comment on this.

I worked for IBC-Wonder-Hostess for 3 1/2 years.

Dolly Madison management manage that company to extinction, and went they went out business, thsy sold off some of their operation and product labels to IBC.

IBC, in their infinite wisdom, decided to bring those same dumbasses that managed Dolly Madison into extinction into the business and let them run the bakery and distribution operations.

As a vacation relief driver, I was moved from depot to depot to fill in where needed.

I worked in several locations from LA to Bakersfield and every place in between.

The bakery overbaked so much product that each depot would have in the neighborhood of a hundred grand of product at the end of the week, every week, that never left the depot.

Dumbasses in charge are telling you that it's because of the workers and strikes, but the reality is the dumbasses in charge are responsible for the end of business.

I'm not doubting that management made dumb decisions. But that doesn't change the fact that 18500 people are out of work now because a few union ****holes decided it would be cool to kill the company.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 07:47 AM

My Dad had a Wonder Bread/Hostess Twinkies route for 20 years. Noone should spend their life working that hard. Thats what I knew growing up. We gave out Twinkies on Halloween. We were the most popular house. Go figure.:hmmm:

I know it's fashionable to bash working people these days but, from what I read, its the leadership that ran it out of business, not the unions.

Buehler445 11-17-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9124652)
My Dad had a Wonder Bread/Hostess Twinkies route for 20 years. Noone should spend their life working that hard. Thats what I knew growing up. We gave out Twinkies on Halloween. We were the most popular house. Go figure.:hmmm:

I know it's fashionable to bash working people these days but, from what I read, its the leadership that ran it out of business, not the unions.

Everybody knows the management was not good and a lot of the reason the company was in trouble.

But that doesn't mean that union workers deserve more money than the company can afford?

That's the beauty of the freemarket system. Those workers could have tried to find another job. And if that's the best they could get, then they should take what they could get from DM.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9124666)
Everybody knows the management was not good and a lot of the reason the company was in trouble.

But that doesn't mean that union workers deserve more money than the company can afford?

That's the beauty of the freemarket system. Those workers could have tried to find another job. And if that's the best they could get, then they should take what they could get from DM.

This is not DC and political conversation should take place there. I'm not going to respond to this post. Just letting you know that I'm not purposely ignoring your points.

Omaha 11-17-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9124548)
We get it. You eat healthy. Do you think anyone doesn't understand that an apple is better for you?

Your sanctimonious patronizing bullshit is ****ing tired.

Quote:

I didn't say it was healthier, though it obviously is. I said it's better. It tastes better.

Buehler445 11-17-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9124671)
This is not DC and political conversation should take place there. I'm not going to respond to this post. Just letting you know that I'm not purposely ignoring your points.

Fair enough.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

I had a fried Twinkie at Ribfest last weekend. It was damn good. Worth the 10 lbs that I gained.

WhiteWhale 11-17-2012 10:19 AM

Anyone exclusively blaming the unions and ignoring 10 years of piss poor management at the top is beyond help.

The main reason Hostess failed was a decade of shitty management. Period. The strike is a convenient scapegoat.

Poorly managed businesses SHOULD fail. That's how our economy is supposed to work.

Frazod 11-17-2012 10:58 AM

Went to the grocery store this morning. The only Hostess products left were some chocolate mini-donuts and half a dozen loaves of Wonder Bread.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-17-2012 11:01 AM

:hmmm: Apple Twinkies