ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Does anybody watch "Burn Notice?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=166003)

kcxiv 09-14-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9909607)
Did you see him on Deadwood? Miclh liked him so much, he gave him one role, executed that character, then cleaned him up and gave him a completely different one. The second character is one of the darkest ****s in fiction of the past 15 years.

yeah, when i seen him on terminator, i was like, thats the dude from Deadwood! lol Dude is a bad ass actor

kcxiv 09-14-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9973457)
Yeah. I thought it was pretty good. And I thought they handled the killing of Maddie pretty well.

The one thing that was a pretty huge hole is how did Michael end up with Charlie? Charlie got out with Jessie, and Jessie and Sam hadn't seen Michael at the funeral.

Overall, that was one of my favorite shows of all time. I think they did a real nice job with it.

Fiona could have picked him up. Could have had a family friend. Its not really a huge plot hole. They could have thrown any lame ass story together that would seem plausible. Hell, just say, one of Maddy's old ass friends took the kid to Mike and Fi

BourbonMan 09-16-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9970656)
Bit sappy, but it couldn't have ended any other way.

Just watched the final..I agree.

DJ's left nut 09-16-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9973457)
Yeah. I thought it was pretty good. And I thought they handled the killing of Maddie pretty well.

The one thing that was a pretty huge hole is how did Michael end up with Charlie? Charlie got out with Jessie, and Jessie and Sam hadn't seen Michael at the funeral.

Overall, that was one of my favorite shows of all time. I think they did a real nice job with it.

Did they really say that he hadn't seen Michael at the funeral?

They asked where he was and said something like "we'll see him again, when the time is right", but there was clearly some communication between them to let Sam and Jessie know that he made it out.

Afterall, Charlie had to go somewhere after the explosion and Jessie probably went to jail pretty quickly thereafter. It stands to reason that there was a handoff.

Now here's my plot hole - not necessarily how Charlie got to Michael, but Charlies whereabouts period. The CIA knows Charlie exists. They also know that Madalyn blew herself up and they'd have found the body in the home - but not Charlie's. So they know that Charlie got out and they know that James' guys got blown up.

So the CIA would likely view Charlie as a loose end. They're going to need to have an answer to that. Now I guess the short answer is they assumed that James' men got to him, killed him and dumped him somewhere - and that'll work. But it is the CIA, wouldn't they at least throw out some feelers looking for him?

And yeah - that's pretty much the ending that's been in the makings for the last 2-3 years (which is about the time I started watching the show). I was kinda hoping for Michael to take over the organization and turn it into a more 'Westinized' version; more benevolent but still heavily funded and well connected. But you knew that wasn't going to happen.

BourbonMan 09-16-2013 09:15 AM

I did like at the end, when Michael is asking Fe what to tell Charlie about who he is. Fe says "just tell him the truth, my name is Michael Westin, I used to be a spy"...Just like how the Show always started.

Baby Lee 09-16-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9983568)
I did like at the end, when Michael is asking Fe what to tell Charlie about who he is. Fe says "just tell him the truth, my name is Michael Westin, I used to be a spy"...Just like how the Show always started.

Plus one last 'you know the CIA, bunch of bitchy little girls' earlier in the episode.

Buehler445 09-16-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9983925)
Plus one last 'you know the CIA, bunch of bitchy little girls' earlier in the episode.

And "shall we shoot them?"

keg in kc 09-16-2013 04:02 PM

Jesse also had a "so i guess this is how we do it" when Maddie told him the plan.

KC_Lee 09-17-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9984753)
Jesse also had a "so i guess this is how we do it" when Maddie told him the plan.

Did Maddie get to say "Someone needs your help" during the final episode? I don't remember hearing her say that.